Get rid of borrowed powers. Fix game foundation

1. I agree with.
  2. I agree with - FFXIV does this. I love it. Some classes do lower damage but bring buffs that do great stuff for others.
  3. I’m not sure about dodge now, it’d be cheesy. Some stats weren’t all tat good and too many stats are bad.
  4. I agree
  5. I like having normal/heroic/mythic, its levels of progression difficulty.
  6. Uhh…not so much. gear progression should scale the harder the content.
  7. MAJORLY disagree. The timer is the entire point of M+. WIthout it, you can make as many mistakes and wipes and get free loot thrown at you without worry. I love the challenge from M+ timer.
  8. Whats wrong with conquest points?
  9. Majorly disagree here, resilience made it to where you CANNOT enter pvp because everyone else stacked with it 1 shot you and you had a 0% chance to win and never went up. It was a brutal gatekeeper stat that had to go. Also in the same sense without scaling, a mythic player would always melt a normal raider/non raider casual and that’s not ok.
  10. Look at FFXIV for “fixing professions”, it was GENIUS and I love it. The way they work here is just garbage.

It does seem they completely misread why that system was so popular. They really missed the opportunity to craft a new type of paragon system through those weapons.

That’s why some classes could benefit from some stats and others are not. E.g. armor that scales with druid’s bear form and useless for every other class.

It sounds good on paper but half of those difficulties are underutilized and skipped by players. But they have to add ilvl for those difficulties that results in stat squishes after each expansion.

The only problem here is that mythic+ provides a mythic raid quality gear. If you remove gear component from keys and make a leaderboard with prestige rewards like arena mounts - suddenly it’s not a problem anymore. Imagine m+ like arena seasons where 1% gets special title, 5-10% gets unique mount, 10-30 tabard and etc.

It’s part of an rpg, you should feel your progress and melt completely unprepared players. They can buy crafted pvp gear, farm badges and exchange them to honor or etc. Main problem here is that they completely screwed itemization and player power - green player have 60k hp and 300 ilvl when raider have 550k and 480 ilvl. It’s a band aid fix of a far more important problem of power growth.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty deflating hamster wheel of design direction. I don’t like it at all in all fairness. They could of solved ‘bloat’ or whatever their issue was in a more meaningful way to make me feel what I do is sticking with me. Not just throwing it away.

This fixation on quick grindable systems that get thrown away constantly makes it FOR ME feel bad.

1 Like

MoP trees were augmented with a glyph system then. Without the glyph system the current talent trees seem too simplistic. :+1:

4 Likes

Biggest issue I have with borrowed power in its current form is it has allowed Blizz to slack on class design, and bandage any shortcomings with these systems. Blizz should be designing full classes and specs, then using these systems to enhance said classes and specs.

To those that say tier sets were borrowed power, I disagree to a degree, sure there were rare instances where a set bonus might have been make or break for a class or spec, but those were few and far between, most of the time they enhanced the class and/or spec.

8 Likes

Not that I necessarily agree or disagree with the other points, this one stuck out to me. I would go with different rewards for different styles of play. For example you might have the following set up.

Lore Mode 1= Quests > Dungeons > Raids
This level of progression relies heavily on stat based gear.

Lore Mode 2= Quests > World Quests > Scenarios
On this level, players rely on followers which they must level up. Some gear upgrades can be found beyond questing. But they will be nowhere near dungeon or raid level gear.

PVP= Quests > BGs > Arena
Some stat increases will be seen but resilience will be the main focus here.

Pet Battles (added because it already has it right lol)= Quests > Open World Pet Battles > Dungeon Pet Battles
The form of progression here is in the form of gaining new pets. Although they will have to spill over into Lore 2 to be able to survive in the open world.

This set up could be tricky when it comes to world pvp, but it would reward players for the activities thet engage in without stepping on other’s toes.

Set bonuses had better balancing because they often changed particular aspects of a spec or class.

A lot of borrowed power does not do this which is why it feels flat. :+1: :100:

More difficulties = more transmog, so its a win win for everyone of all tastes.

M+ is an alternative source of gearing for those who cannot sit in raids for 3 hours at a time without having to get up or be busy with real life, but can afford 20mins of a speedrun dungeon and its perfectly ok. And I think everyone should get equal rewards for pushing +10 and +15s, not top 1% elites, thats annoying.

And the whole “rpg” argument is complete nonsense. A game’s PVP must have open entry unless you want a dead game like EVE online where newbies get destroyed within their first hour by high lvls and 0% chance of ever building up, which is was res stat was. No, you should never be 1 shot or instantly killed when trying to do a new activity - gatekeepers are annoying in casual content.

1 Like

Sorry but I disagree. Game reached its highest point with old game design in mind. Current game design killed entire raiding scene, killed interest in bgs because there is no reward and fun in doing them and etc. If you don’t want to spend time on raids - you shouldn’t get mythic quality gear because it diminishes achievements of people who did this. Gear should matter both in pve and pvp. If it’s not - it’s not a mmorpg anymore, it’s moba/fantasy looter shooter.

If you need to be rewarded to participate in PVP and bgs…don’t. WoW isn’t for you or any MMO for that matter. Its obvious you don’t enjoy the content then, you just want fancy rewards to feel like your time is rewarded. Your the worst type of player in my opinion. You do content for the sake of rewards - you don’t enjoy a single moment of it truly. I enjoy the timer in M+ because it pushes me to do better and it does not give mythic gear, it gives gear below mythic. I enjoy raiding because the bosses have unique mechanics that can wipe you if you mess up.

not fair, not fair.

games dont get much more generic than WoW.

It is for them.

:smiley: and you 2

You are ignoring how WoW PVP has functioned for a long time. Rewards are a big part of WoW PVP.

And that is why PVP vendors return in the next expansion. Taking away player rewards with BFA proved to be a failure.

WoW is a MMORPG. :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man:

2 Likes

You have rated PVP if you do desire and a mount if you can push up high enough. That’s more then enough, we non-rated PVP’rs have horse mounts every so often.

Non rated PVP has awarded gear for a long period of time. Vendors returning is a clear bending of the knee moment where BlizZard realizes that WoW PVP is about gear progression and player agency. :clap:

3 Likes

More difficulties= More absurd levels of ilvl increases each expansion which leads to squishes every expansion. Also I don’t like the idea of everyone getting participation trophies. People put in a lot more time and effort into a 3 hour raid than a m+. Rewards should no way be similar. I believe in the time and work investment model. Also in PVP, if I have much better gear than you, I should be able to completely devastate you. It only makes logical sense. If I keep fit and get stronger, and I spar against someone that’s out of shape and has zero control, they’re naturally going to be severely outclassed. That’s how things are.

1 Like

Sadly its how things were, now its completely opposite. But may be one day blizzard will realize that they are working on a RPG game and moba train is gone.

They also have to contend with a timer which fails their key which raiders do not have to. And no, enrage timers don’t count. Its easy with a good raid party and most never hit it. And your the reason WoW PVP sucks so much, you wanna crush and destroy newbies preventing them from ever getting into it. Your the reason World PVP died.

1 Like

MOBAs are not what they used to be in popularity. BlizZard has definitely missed the train on this one and should just go back to WoW and its MMORPG core. Building on that core is what matters in the long run. :100: :clap:

1 Like

No, it’s not because of people like me. If you fail, you should strive to get stronger, to crush your opponents. I remember when I saw people in high level gear and got crushed like a ant, it pushed me to become stronger. It gave me motivation. That’s what people lack. That’s why they give up so easily. They have zero resolve. You can blame people like me, but that’s too easy. Look in the mirror and ask yourself why you fail? Why you give up after trying so little?

1 Like