Get ready for wow on X-Box

I’m sensing some sort of punchline here >.>

Sure.

As long as those players stay on Xbox Live, and not Blizz servers.

No, seriously, you obviously don’t know the real difference between a console and a computer. You can think that a CPU and API’s are all that matter, but there is a lot more of a difference than what you think.

As said, Blizzard would have to make a lot of changes within the system to support consoles, and a lot of those changes could turn out for the worse.

that reminds me, sony would categorically refuse to have cross platform and Microsoft would be iffy to use Blizz’s servers. Don’t see that happening anytime soon.

I’m fine with it. Look at XIV. Playstation and PC players have been playing together for the last two console generations, and in all likelihood will continue to do so for at least one more.

2 Likes

They’ve said a LOT of things long ago.

1 Like

Why are you replying to me when quoting someone else?

Like what?

Only thing that would need to physically change would be mod support, and even that could be handled a different way and still be available.

For FF14 it is actually Microsoft that didn’t commit to sharing servers. The thing with Square is that they want their players to be all on the same servers regardless of platform. Microsoft didn’t want that. They wanted their own servers for a port of FF14 Square/Sony said play with us or not at all. That is the reason FF14 is not on the Xbox gaming system.

1 Like

Yeah that’s about what I expect from console shenanigans.

Ok, you look at World of Warcraft then compare it to Final Fantasy as most people seem to be using that as a reference. See the real difference.

That is the only thing that you’ll think, but honestly, there is just more than enabling mod support.

1 Like

Wow just needs it’s own console

Guessing the new generation of consoles will be much closer to PC’s. Based on timing of launches I wouldn’t be surprised if WOW won’t be a huge exclusive for Xbox.

It’s actually going to be released on Xbox now, they have confirmed it (late last year)

What’s this about WoW on Xbox?

Speculation and guesstimates, nothing more.

1 Like

most of FF’s differences come from them not giving up on PS3 support and not wanting to have two different looking versions of the game. They rereleased 14 at the tail end of the PS3’s lifecycle.

You’re talking about a system with 512 MEGABYTES of ram during a time when many people were running 8 GIGS in PC.

A console-locked WoW, with no cross-platforming with PC, and no add-on support would actually be interesting.

That sounds actually pretty terrible, sorry