Get Over It: Corruptions

So what if you don’t have the very best corruption? Nothing in this game is tuned around having them. We’re only 3 weeks in- most people WON’T have their Best Corruption at max strength yet. Even if they did, I bet a lot of healers don’t like having their DPS/Tanks chunked by ShadowClones.
Just work on your toon like you normally would.
I’ve got about 20ish corruption pieces, none at max corruption, and those w/ good corruptions are only mild lvl’d.
I think they’re fun. I’m gonna try and eventually build a 56% leech set.

I have some of the best corruptions possible on my mage and I still think that it is a bad system.

Layered rng is not interesting and having so much power locked behind it is silly.

12 Likes

why would I get over it when the drawback to equipping a corruption that literally only gives me 3% leech…completely negates the fact that it gives me 3% leeech due to the insane amount of extra damage intake

its stupid, theres nothing wrong with calling something stupid what it is

6 Likes

To be honest, it’s not something I really think about. I get a lot of the complaints about it, but a lot of those complaints really only matter to top end progression raiding like what Limit and Method does. For us LFR Heroes? Meh.

Corruptions are a pretty big deal though. My mindflay tentacle does like 12% of my total damage sometimes. I dont think they should be this powerful.

1 Like

Power? DPS in groups is just a vanity competition. If you’re both IL 465, doing mechanics, you shouldn’t care that 1 guy is doing 50K dps and another 100K dps, as long as you 3 chest the M+.

1 Like

Someone should tell the m+ guys, running timed content, that this guy’s cracked the code :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They don’t really matter to them either though. Method/Limit had 1 week worth of corruptions before they downed Mythic N’zoth.
The extra DPS is nice but you can do things without it.

if you’re both 465 and someone is doing literally double your dps you need to look at what you’re doing wrong to cause that to be the case because there’s 100% a performance issue there

3 Likes

I’ve timed a couple M15s already and I’m wearing leech gear. None of my groups had OP DPS. I remember specifically 1 of the Monk healers had only been max lvl for a month. The DPS didn’t have any of the ‘broken’ corruptions.

You absolutely should care.

8 Likes

It was an exaggeration. DPS care too much about their silly #s. That’s why Tanks had their ‘best’ corruption recently nerfed. ‘Boo hoo the tank is doing good dmg.’

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of why things are nerfed

2 Likes

Ok, classic player with generic name.

sorry, here’s my retail toon, you can look at my achievements if u want, havent played most of bfa

1 Like

So your opinion should matter less then

i feel like the fact that you can look at the balance of corrupted pieces and say “this is fine” says more about your opinion tbh

1 Like

Different corruptions, different play styles. Just because you wanna be top dps dog, doesn’t mean the ‘56% leech build’ isn’t also strong/cool.

And this is indicative of a troll. Thread is bait. Move on.

1 Like

Says another classic player