Get an Early Look at Eight New Hero Talent Trees

Wish you revealed Ruby Adept over Scalecommander so you can get the feedback now to scrap it and start from scratch cause there’s no way it will compete with Chronowarden for Preservation.

This was never said.

I wish people would stop reminding me that the Priest one I was excited for is being changed to something I probably will find boring. :dracthyr_cry_animated:

1 Like

Every time I read that we all get to watch talents shuffle, disappear and cause a continual rebuild of the talent trees.

1 Like

Your explaining a meta not the covenant system.

The covenant systems problem was tying player power and progressions to what was essentially a cosmetic/RP choice. This forced players to either a.) Use the best player power choice and follow the meta or b.) Choose the cosmetics they preferred.

Hero talents are not the same these are a new talent row.

The illusion of choice has been here since vanilla, that’s just the meta. One class will always be at the top. One spec will always be at the top. There will always be a mathematical best choice.

I’d rather see blizzard explore new and fun play styles than just have them go “oh this won’t be meta? Don’t do it” to every cool idea.

3 Likes

More buttons…yay…

1 Like

Unfortunately the druid specs once again lack much pizazz. Equivalently more damage and healing with little class fantasy or seemingly much visual impressiveness suggested by the spells.

Colossus, Trickster, Diabolist and even scale commander sound very cool in having a new twist to their respective classes and specs.

I wonder if the devs are confounded by druids relative “jack of all trades” and are afraid to do anything with these new hero talents that would put us out of line power wise?

But even when it comes to class fantasy - I dont see new forms or anything spectacular to get excited over. Same issue with the aforementioned Grove Keeper.

The whole concept of hero talents seems warped by its own goals of “same but different”, accomplishing neither for druid.

I would prefer class skins and no power potential to stuff I can only slightly see in the world and mostly on a dps meter.

1 Like

Yeah sure.

No conduits, no renown, no grind, no conduit energy, not lock in . . . but yeah, totally the same thing as covenants :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Light’s Guidance: Wake of Ashes is what I was expecting from hero talents. Instead of the new ability taking up an additional keybind, it replaces Wake of Ashes for 12 seconds after I cast it. Keep up the good work.

Except not really since they’re passives.

Colossus is a very off name for a Warrior Spec. It just doesn’t sound right.

Given the description/skills it should be called Champion instead.

Otherwise I have no complaints atm.

Or replacement abilities. Like frostfire bolt.

I think only lightsmith added a new skill.

These are just a bad idea

3 Likes

Why does evoker get its tree before monks, death knights, and demon hunters?

So let me give you a hypothetical situation:

A Night Elf Hunter whose class fantasy is undying loyalty to the Alliance and vengeance for Teldrassil has to choose between Sentinel and Dark Ranger. The choice is very obvious from a class fantasy point of view. But what if Dark Ranger is deemed the better of the two, or they just don’t like the playstyle of the Sentinel talents? Now that player is at odds between class fantasy and class power.

You don’t see that as a potential problem here?

5 Likes

Then leave Feedback. Tell them what you think is wrong. They’ve already said they are changing one tree due to feedback. Voice your concerns on problems you see. You’re making up scenarios based on a meta mentality which is AGAIN A construct of the playerbase not Blizzard itself.

2 Likes

I’ll gladly give up some utility if it means we get more damage

1 Like

Their design process throughout the years points to the contrary.

3 Likes

I’m replying to a thread on an official post about Hero Talents with my concerns regarding hero talents and the potential conflict between class fantasy and class power. This is feedback.

Why do you keep replying to my feedback by telling me to leave feedback?

3 Likes

Because that’s what they worked on first.

Good lord the amount of angst in this thread because someone’s class hasn’t been revealed on yet.

Someone’s gotta be first.

1 Like