@George Velev - please have a second look at hunter hero talents

Hi George,

You were in all the original hero talent tree reveal videos, so I guess you are leading or coordinating the effort.

I’d like to ask you to double-check the progress on the hunter hero talents as I feel they are missing the mark and there’s a lot that can be improved in terms of gameplay, fun and theme

Thank you!

12 Likes

Bro how many of these threads are you gonna make :skull:

5 Likes

I can make them now when there is a chance to make a difference, or complain for the next 2 years that my class feels bad

Point taken though

13 Likes

Do not give up!!! :fire::fire::fire:

8 Likes

Haha, thanks for the support, bro!

I’m doing it because I feel I was too “quiet” during DF alpha which essentially makes me part of the problem.

When they showed the DF hunter trees people were saying “it’s just alpha”, “this is just the first version” so I didn’t complain much, and here we are 18 months later with hunter talent trees 95% the same as they were in beta!

That’s why this time I’m one of the people making noise and not trusting things will just sort themselves out

15 Likes

Don’t worry man. It’s only a feature preview. They will fix it in alpha ← we are here atm

Don’t worry ma. It’s only alpha. They will fix it in beta.

Don’t worry m. Its only beta. They will fix it on launch.

Don’t worry . It’s just the first patch. They will fix it on a .5

Dont worry. It’s just a .5. they will fix it on major patch.

It’s already half the xpac point. Wait for next xpac.

We are at the first one so far. How many more times will we let the wheel spin?

18 Likes

Yup, this is also why I’ve been posting more as well and pushing back on people who are trying to downplay how garbage the hunter hero trees are right now even in youtube videos and stuff.

Hunter needs an overhaul, and the hero trees need to be redone.

9 Likes

but pack leader isn’t garbage

It’s probably the blandest pile of nothing out of all the hero talents so far… if you don’t consider that garbage on some level then idk what to tell you.

There are multiple examples of cool and strong looking hero trees. Ya’ll really fine with how pack leader is? I mean… whatever lol I only play MM so I’m fine with the rest of you getting zero flavor number boosters while everybody else gets cool stuff if that’s what you want

5 Likes

Now we understand why u don’t see how pack leader is actually good I guess. No clue how either spec works lol

1 Like

Whats HEROic about pack leader tho? I dont understand, its just bland stuff you could put in the regular tree

3 Likes

Your definition of “not garbage” is obviously strong passive effects and interactions. Fair enough.

My definition of “not garbage” is this:

SCALECOMMANDER KEYSTONE

Mass Eruptions / Mass Disintegrate: Empower spells cause your next Disintegrate (Devastation) and Eruption(Augmentation) to strike up to 3 targets. When striking less than 3 targets, Disintegrate or Eruption damage is increased by 25% for each missing target.

DIABOLIST KEYSTONE

Diabolic Ritual: Spending a Soul Shard grants Diabolic Ritual for 20 seconds. While Diabolic Ritual is active, each Soul Shard spent reduces its duration by 1 second. When Diabolic Ritual expires you gain Demonic Art, causing your next ability that costs Soul Shards to summon an Overlord, Mother of Chaos, or Pit Lord that unleashes a devastating attack against your enemies.

COLOSSUS KEYSTONE

Demolish: Unleash a series of precise and powerful strikes against your target and enemies within 8 yards of it. You can block, parry, and dodge while using this ability. 45 second cooldown.

RIDER OF THE APOCALYPSE ROW 1

Choice Node: On a Paler Horse & Death Charge

• On a Paler Horse: While outdoors you are able to mount your Acherus Deathcharger in combat.

• Death Charge: Call upon your Death Charger to break free of movement impairment effects. For 10 seconds. While upon your Death Charger your movement speed is increased by 100%, you cannot be slowed, and you are immune to forced movement effects and knockbacks.

CONDUIT OF THE CELESTIALS CAPSTONE

Unity Within: Celestial Conduit can be recast once during its duration to call upon all of the August Celestials to assist you at 200% effectiveness. Unity Withinis automatically cast when Celestial Conduit ends if not used before its expiration

This is my idea of “fun”. Adding a new interesting mechanic and building towards it and in the end get to a “wow” or “I win” moment.

Gameplay interactions: check
Fun: check
Strong: check
Theme and visuals: check

Now compare this to “kill command interacts with pet basic attack” and try not to fall asleep

9 Likes

are you being reductive on purpose or do you genuinely not understand how pack leader works?

in your post you even list fighting on a mount as “adding a new and interesting mechanic.”

in your post, you list disintegrate cleaving as “fun and interesting” but ignoring how pack coordination practically doubles the amount of empowerments you get in coordinated assault?

You’re actually proving his point - having to be expert in the spec to understand what this whole pile of garbage means and why it is good says it all.

When something’s fun it shows immediately without someone having to tell you why, and that’s the whole point of Maximum’s reaction, and part of the reason he’s successful is because he says things as they are

1 Like

there’s a difference between “being an expert” and “knowing what your spec” does. you do not need to be an expert to understand how synergies work.

your argument is simultaneously “this tree is bad because too simple and boring” and “it’s bad because it’s too complex and you need to be an expert to understand it”

2 Likes

I feel like you have shown the SV community you are not an expert nor a player that knows the spec. Maybe you should delve into things more

The tree isn’t bad as long as it’s tuned well I just think they would be a lot funner if the tree revolved around bombs, explosive shot, kill shot and traps - not kill command which isn’t that flashy for survival.

2 Likes

people should really stop highlight the specifics of other hero trees when those same hero trees have significant worse issues. i get it, the fantasy and theme is important but alot of the things you listed have very apparent rotational issues and hammercurrent issues on their specs

ill give you a few examples, alot of warriors dont like this and frankly it would have to be oppressively strong to warrent using a cast OR arms would have to be significantly slowed down to accommodate it. im all for slowing arms down to a heavy hitter but channel gameplay is not the way to do it

this will only be used in non instanced content. so basically useless

this is for sure being nerfed

its funny how people hyperfixate on this choice node while ignoring the rest of the tree which is a colossal mess and a failure from a design point of view. unholy has to much burst and does nothing between burst windows, try tried to fix this with some nerfs and damage reattributing but the capstone of this tree makes the issue worse than it was pre unholy change. so this tree makes unholy issues worse while not addressing frosts issues (boss uptime for cdr/extension)

so gameplay interactions: is poop
fun: subjective but also poop
strong: strong in the wrong ways while making the core spec worse
theme and visual: the themes are sport on at the expense of everything else. visuals we dont even know

1 Like

not only are they not familiar with their own spec, they are even less familiar with other specs, so they read something like rider and despite it being filled with awkward passive nodes, they think it’s some sort of intricate and rich gameplay experience

very true, but have to admit that single node generated alot of hype for it cause it is rich in fantasy. but people are also gaslighting themselves into thinking its more than it is.

theres no way on a paler horse is gonna be useable inside instances