Genuine question. Why aren't Red Draenei an allied race?

Because it would also be unfair to give the Horde another unique race, while the Alliance gets another clone-race. We have seen how this ended with Vulpera VS Mechagnomes, don’t we.

I don’t know about the rest of the player base, but I’m not willing to give up another AR slot to yet another color of space goat. I’d much rather see it go to the Ankoan/Jinyu, Arakkoa, Vrykul, Tuskarr, Saberon etc. You know, stuff that isn’t just a different color rehash.

1 Like

Customization option is better than an entire separate race. It’s a waste of space not a logical decision to make.

2 Likes

Nightborne are still waiting for a proper model! We should have never shared animations with those other elves either!

Because man’ari isn’t a race, but a pejorative of the Draenei people and Eredar are the lapdogs of the legion. If they want to be in society, they should exile themselves and be Draenei with the rest of their kin.

KJ had hair.

1 Like

same reason dark rangers are not an allied race

2 Likes

Never start a thread with a disclaimer. It’s a red flag showing you know your post is going to be taken as trolling.

I think Blizzard realized that allied races were good for a short term spike in participation, but longterm they were a negative for the game. The game was better off with new races and customizations than allied races from different expansions with inexplicable and frequently changing requirements.

2 Likes

Same reason why the undead elf customizations aren’t their own allied race.

Making a skin customization option requires infinitely less development time.

Because:

1. Adding them in as skin tones is easier.
  2. Allied races were a horrible idea to begin with and shouldn’t ever be expanded upon.
2 Likes

Because feedback on those races (Except for VElves and Nightbourne, the faction swappers) was overwhelmingly “They should have just been customisations”

So they’re just customisations. Just like the Sandfury skins on trolls or the various undead elf skins

3 Likes

Because that would take work.

By not making it a allied race, draenei players now have a plethora of new looks they can create.

The cynic in me says it’s because allied races were a last minute feature that was hastily put together before Blizzard realized they could overhaul the customization.

But if I was making the calls, I would have made Manaari an allied race and given them to the Horde.

How are skins better when it comes to something like M’anari and Darkfallen? Nothing else about them matches the look.

Just comes down to cost. Really that simple. Much cheaper to wait have designers create the skins vs as others have said to create a questline, capital city, voices, character dances and animations, heritage armor, mount and everything that goes into it.

Plus it was more of a BfA feature than anything. Could they add more allied races sure but it’s a little burnt out at this point for them.

I would argue that they should be a Horde race even. The eredar that chose to join the legion turned their back on the people now known as the draenei. It makes no sense that all of a sudden they’re friends again.

It’s easier just to add skin tones and Blizzard face palmed themselves and said “yeah mechagome parts should of been just an additional customization to gnomes”.

They really don’t need to make separate races that can share the same model.

Velves are Alliance and belves are Horde only eason they we not fused together.

I can’t bring myself to play some allied races, because they have the least customizations.

:panda_face:

Coming from a rp server, I can tell you that it would have been better if they just did an allied race. There’s been like five days of non stop fighting and bickering over the lore in MG, and in discords to the point where it’s tiresome.

Where people think it’s okay to godmod another’s character because they don’t like demons and want them to accept their own version of consequences instead of talking things out. Same thing happened with darkfallen. People claim that the darkfallen died because the bad rpers went away. But I think it’s more that people got tired of getting attacked everyday and everyone breaking the number one unspoken rule of rp and that is consent. How the idea of consent works is that you have to go into someone’s whispers and say “Hey, would it be okay if I do this to your character.” They can either agree or disagree to the action. And both are fine. What’s not fine is throwing a tantrum because you couldn’t kill someone’s character. And the whole “Well if you rp as x then you should accept y and are consenting it.” That’s not how consent works and you know.

Sorry I went on a tangent but it’s been non stop of five days of people godmodding and I’m tired of it.

I think the concept of allied races is through at this point. If we get a new race it wont be a lookalike