General Forums Already Pushing for Breaking Changes

Love the sarcasm. The “My change doesn’t affect the Spirit of Classic™” approach is one of my favorites.

When you can reduce Classic WoW to a subjective idea then anything goes.

4 Likes

Lol “a few small QoL” + “flying lfg mount at 20”

9 Likes

There are actually some changes that would make the game better. Better stacking on items is one. Making each spec worthwhile is another as long as you dont kill the flavor of the spec. We need more than one viable tank spec. Vanilla was great and was alot of fun but there were glaring problems with the game. Just no lfd and lfr and rng stacked on top of rng on top of rng for gear. Just make it one rng, the drop. Dont say no to everything because some things would make classic alot better, just keep the core mechanics the same with some buffs to underperforming specs.

1 Like

Gonna explain this one last time for everyone.

Something can be preferable to an alternative without being perfect. I can prefer A over B without thinking A shouldn’t be changed.

The fact of the matter is that Vanilla is a broken pile of hot garbage and it needs changes.

3 Likes

Every person has different changes they’d want to make.

It’s not so much that retail is the version of the game you want; it’s the fact that, if you want changes, retail is where you’ll get them.

Classic is not supposed to have changes. That defeats the entire purpose of the project.

Difference being, you can prefer A over B, but B can change and A cannot.

You should probably play B and advocate for B to change in the way you want. Or play A in the meantime while advocating for B to change.

Don’t play A and ask for A to change. A will not change.

No changes.

8 Likes

See? Right off the bat we have snowballing changes, followed by a variation of “My change doesn’t affect the Spirit of Classic™”

7 Likes

And I don’t think 1.13 servers should ever change and “Classic+” or TBC, Etc should be completely separate.

1 Like

I don’t want any changes.

Maybe I’ve been leveling too long but I had no idea mounts go away in water (i was a noob in vanilla barely had a mount in my late 40s early 50s when tbc came out) and you dismount when dazed. Does dismount when dazed happen in retail? I haven’t played it in so long I’ve forgotten so much lol.

Anyways I’m level 40, still loving the experience thus far.

Oh and i just finished the quest to allow my fishing skill to 300, so now all my professions can go up to 300 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Then go make your own game and leave this one alone.

5 Likes

This isn’t vanilla. It’s Classic. It didn’t come with the slogan “have it your way”. It’s called Classic for a reason. Because it’s Blizz’s emulation of the way WoW was wayyyy back in 1.12.

That is self-explanatory. It does not leave room for player requested changes. it does not leave room for interpretation because none is needed.

It’s Classic because that’s what it is and if you want to change things, then it’s not the game for you.

21 Likes

Somehow you make yourself look even dumber than the other guy.

2 Likes

Then why are you even arguing with me?

If someone wants changes, they can ask for them in retail where changes are an option.

1 Like

I’m campaigning for a separate branch, not changes to 1.13 servers, just for the record. The very instant TBC or Classic+ comes out, i’ll be moving there, with or without the character I have in Classic.

1 Like

No, that’s your opinion. That’s not a fact of any kind.

10 Likes

I was thinking this too. Why does copper ore only stack to 10, but converted 1-for-1 to copper bars that stacks to 20? Save my 8-slot bag space! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And I understand and also appreciate your approach. That’s why my first comment was not directed @ you.

So you don’t like Classic at all and are jumping at the chance to go to something different. This is why we shouldn’t listen to the pro-changers, because they never wanted Classic to begin with.

8 Likes

It is objectively correct and impossible to argue against. Terrible itemization, brokens specs AND classes. I could literally go on for miles.

1 Like

I have no issue with a Classic+ or a TBC branch of game development. But this isn’t it.

2 Likes

I don’t think you know what “objectively” or “impossible” means.

7 Likes