Customization Hopes!

Since the new customization options are live and we are likely to get more of them over the entire patch cycle, I decided to repeat and update my thread from the Beta forum.

I’m talking hopes and not predictions here. For mine, I’m focusing on likely things, nothing too complicated like new body types. This is not meant to be a full list, just what came to my mind. Post your hopes!

Death Knights

• Their own eye energy color selection: blue (standard), white, smoky black, purple, red, green, yellow.

Humans

• Remove scars from the faces and re-add them as their own customization option.

Dwarves

• Split face and body tattoos
  • Scar selection
  • More tattoo colors (orange, yellow, purple)

Night elves

• More earrings and necklace options for females
  • Untie eye color options from scars (right now your scars limit which blind options you can select)
  • Add full blind options (they already exist in the files but are not selectable)
  • Female marking colors: Enable the DK and DH colors for all classes (there’s currently 2 DK-only and 1 DH-only color available in the files)
  • Add body tattoos for females akin to the males’

Draenei

• Eye color options: blue (standard), light blue, silver, purple, pink, blind options
  • More hair/crests combinations for males
  • Horn decorations for more male hair styles
  • Hair decorations for more female hair styles
  • A longer tail option for males

Orcs

• Skin colors: Dragonmaw gray, Azeroth Blackrock clan (gray-green), fel red (maybe bright, dark and pale variations)
  • Eyebrow customization for males
  • Split face and body tattoos so we can select them separately
  • Split face and body warpaint so we can select them separately
  • Add warpaint colors (to represent more orc clans): black, orange, purple

Undead

• Eyebrow, beard, mustache and sideburn options
  • Option to hide nose and ears (more skeletal/rotten look)
  • Straight back option like orcs have
  • Allow eyeless look on undead DKs

Tauren

• Pure white fur option
  • Grimtotem face paint
  • Grimtotem body paint

Trolls

• Forest and ice troll skins
  • Some hair styles can be split into hair and sideburns options (check images here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options

Blood elves

• Some hair styles ported from humans and void elves, or between blood elf genders
  • Red and orange eye colors (both with/without pupil variations); Enable the purple eye color used by high elf NPCs for players. (Done in Beta!)
  • Eyebrow length selection.
  • More beard options. Maybe split into sideburns, beard and mustache, like humans, night elves and dwarves have?
  • Scar options
  • Runic, ordered tattoos (split face and body options)
  • Tattoo colors: red, orange, gold and green
  • More jewelry color options (bronze, lighter gold, copper, with various gem variations)

Goblins

• New exotic skin colors: dark grey, light grey, bluish, reddish, brown, albino
  • Scar options
  • Grime options (like explosion marks!)
  • Some hair styles can be split into hair and sideburns options (check images here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options
  • Add Gilgoblin ear (fins) options
  • Add Gilgoblin nose (shark-like) options
  • Necklaces, like chains and other pimping stuff.
  • Gold and silver jewelry color options. More bling to the master pimps!

Lightforged draenei

• Skin colors: Light gold (yellowish), light bronze (beige/tanned), light copper (reddish)
  • Hair colors: Dark gold, light copper, dark copper, black
  • Blind options
  • Jewelry color options (akin to standard draenei’s)
  • Tail length and jewelry options, akin to standard draenei’s

Void Elves

• New hair colors: black, white, silver-blue, beige blonde, dark (blackish) red
  • Toggle for hair tendrils (choose between tendril or braids)
  • Tattoos: Twisting, coiling sharp lines. Split face and body options
  • Tattoo colors: void, blue, violet, magenta
  • Purple eyes with pupils (like NPC high elves now have) (Done in Beta!)
  • New eye colors: blue-black, pink-black, violet, blind options

Mechagnomes

• More mechanical paint options: red, green, copper, unpainted, and so on (suggestion: use the same colors as the mechanocat mount has).
  • Split the enhancements into their own categories: ear enhancements, eye enhancements (allow single-eye options), and chin plating, allowing us to mix them more freely.
  • Allow arm enhancements to be chosen separately (left/right options, like having hand on right arm and grip on left arm)

Mag’har orcs

• Skin colors split from clan markings (tattoos, scars, warpaint)
  • New skin color: Shattered Hand white
  • New eye color: Shattered Hand red eyes, blue (like Thrall and Geya’ra), blind options
  • More clan markings/scarifications/body paint (like Ner’zhul’s skull-face, more Warsong and Bleeding Hollow patterns, and so on)
  • Scar options (like standard orc)
  • Grime options (like standard orc)

Nightborne

• A few faces with slinted eyes (more like the NPCs’)
  • Eye color selection: light blue, blue, violet, purple, pink, blind options
  • Skin colors: Light gray (“white”), dark gray (“Black”), new bluish tones
  • Hair colors: Light purple, dark purple, blonde, light blue, dark blue
  • Arcane flow on hair toggle (on/off, for any hair styles)
  • Add chin plate jewelry as customization (instead of linking it to armor)
  • Jewelry colors: Silver, gold, bronze, copper

Zandalari

• More eye colors: red, orange, yellow, purple, pink
  • A hair style can be split into hair and sideburn options (check here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options.
  • More tatoo patterns. Including some non-gold, loa- or voodoo- based ones.
61 Likes

I’m a simple person, I see someone asking for Troll beards.

I like. :+1:

Everything else is cool too… I guess. :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Thanks! Trolls, undead and goblins deserve beards! And Zandalari too! I added Zandalari beards to the list above.

4 Likes

i want worgen to get racing stripes so i can run faster when running wild

2 Likes

Didn’t worgens get a stripe fur pattern already? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also large dog, go zoom! :racing_car:

1 Like

Straight back undead yes please. Although at this point I’d settle for fixing the current male undead back/neck model…

2 Likes

it’s gotta be solid and vertical or the speed boost won’t work

i also want spoilers in my back too

1 Like

Added some more blood elf, goblin and zandalari options. The more the merrier.

while dk’s are technically undead, they are not considered the undead race. until those undead can be more than dk’s, i don’t know why they should get any of the undead race customizations when they already get the customizations of their original race. they already get class and race specific customizations while the undead race only get undead customizations. dk’s have more than enough already.

I agree with literally everything you said, except for this. Now that void elves have access to blood elf skintones, the tentacle hair is basically the only thing they have that sets them apart aside from hair colour (which isn’t enough IMO).

Again though, I agree with everything else. This is a really nice list.

2 Likes

I just want more hair options for Allied races. they get seriously shafted.

The only reason I haven’t swapped from BE to nightborne on my main is there’s only like 2 good hairstyles. :frowning:

2 Likes

Uh, that was in the Undead entry because it’s meant to be allowed only for undead DKs, not all DKs (or else I’d put it in the DK entry).

2 Likes

Yes, they do deserve a lot more hair styles (and colors).

I didn’t list hair styles in most entries because it’s an obvious addition that I’m expected to see for everyone.

Blizzard could at least port some hairstyles from one race/gender to another, thus allowing some overlap and variation.

4 Likes

#giveworgentails
#giveworgenuprightposture
#giveworgenlorecorrecteightfootsize
#giveworgenasolidtrueblack
#giveworgentopofheadears

Also, male draenei horn and hair choices separate already please!!!

4 Likes

I would like to see scar custimization for all races on face, arms, chest, stomach, back and legs. Glitter in hair toggle for void elves and nightborn. :sparkles:

model toggle for LF to show WC2 survivors; humans/dwarf/HE, and to also show they are a diverse army as per lore before argus reveal.

Model toggle for forsaken of other races within lorderon that may have been effected by the scourge; dwarves, orcs, trolls

Taunka for hmt customizations!

Zandalari strong troll build and forest trolls as customization through them!

Gnomes; leaper gnome subrace!

1 Like

oh? my dk is not undead and i didn’t realize they don’t get that option… kind of lame. sorry i miss understood.

1 Like

Your list is fantastic OP, and I have to say I’d be happy with a lot on there.

Personally, for my own characters I’d want, scraggly beards for my undead, cool beards for trolls, straight backs for undead, worgen and trolls, BLACK fur for worgen, race and/or faction and/or class specific tattoos for all, longer beards for draenei, longer beards for humans, more mech options for mechagnomes, more hair options for all, red and green eyes for DKs, more scars for all- not connected to anything else. Probably more, but I’m sleepy and can’t see straight.
I am always up for more customizations! :smiley:

Good post.

Re: night-elves, I love the race (especially movement & shadowmeld), but the eyes freak me out. If I could have one wish granted it would be to given them an iris & pupil. Not saying the glow needs to go, but no iris and no pupil makes the eyes look evil (and my NE are definitely not evil) :wink:

1 Like

This is a tricky one because not all horn and hair choices match. A lot of them look really weird together, or clip over one another. Either Blizzard would need to give more predefined combos, or limit one selection to the other (like they do for human or void elf skin/face combos).