GeForce Now

Unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered on these forums. This discussion is starting to become circular and nothing can possibly be gained by trying to push for a different answer on this subject.

1 Like

It’s been circular.

Blizz needs better customer service and communication and not leave it to other players to do it for them.

Until it is listed here or on the Blizzard home page for WoW there are currently no authorized cloud play services. That is the answer.

5 Likes

Welcome to the purpose of this forum. You have already been given the answer to your question. I do greatly apologize if you are not satisfied with that answer.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Customer Support forum. It is a player-helping-player forum with Blizzard oversight and moderation. If you are looking for why it is not documented on Blizzard’s page, you need to ask the Devs on their twitter page. The SFAs here do not answer for them. They are not liaisons for the Devs.

1 Like

And yet, a Customer Support rep has told you it isn’t, and told you where you need to go for more information.

5 Likes

And I find the name of this forum misleading. Most companies that have “Customer Support” actually have employees providing support and don’t leave it to other customers to do all the lifting.

And no I wasn’t given the answer. But I can infer one.

I was just hoping that discussion of the matter would persuade Blizz to ultimately decide to address it directly. Or to get other people with similar concerns to discuss it and maybe Blizzard might consider it for authorization. More ways for us to play has to be a good thing for Blizzard’s bottom line.

That discussion belongs in General Discussion. The Devs don’t take feedback from the Customer Support forum.

2 Likes

They didn’t say it isn’t. They said they can’t address it.

And that source has no additional information on the subject.

Such suggestions about increasing monetary gains would best be made in the General Discussion of these forums. Until Blizzards changes their stance on the matter, such information is all that you will acquire. This discussion is starting to become non-productive, as we have repeated all the required information on the matter at this time.

2 Likes

That site gives information for contacting their legal team, which is what they said you would need to do.

Edit:
To address the service itself, it is unlikely to be allowed. It would allow anonymous access to your account. That would leave it open to account sharing. it would also make it harder to detect account hacks as the hackers would only need to use that service to hide their access. Overall it could be a major security issue.

4 Likes

It doesn’t. The contact us link at the bottom isn’t Legal. It’s “Customer Support” (who apparently can’t address the issue), Media contacts and social media links

Moderators here do not represent the company in such a matter nor are you going to get somebody who can discuss this subject. This thread needs to be locked, as this discussion is no longer productive.

4 Likes

They should change the name of this forum.

We are done now. You have a good rest of your day.

5 Likes

Or you should read the sticky. Again, good luck to you.

5 Likes

You too.

Or Blizz should actually not name something customer support if they’re not supporting their customers.

And good luck as well.

I know the respondents here are annoyed with me. I realize I’m not playing by Blizzard’s or your expectations of this forum, but I genuinely do feel it’s misnamed. I also think the discussion of the lack of Blizzard’s involvement is good to illustrate, not just with communication regarding this topic, but overall as well.

As for the guidance to reach out their legal, we all know they won’t reach back out. It feels like a disingenuous suggestion. And I have emailed them to humor everyone, maybe I’ll get lucky and catch someone on a good day, but I doubt it.

I’ll try other avenues to get a concrete answer since this forum doesn’t seem inclined to try to find it.

Dude, just email the legal dept with the email the people posted. Tell em you read that you can’t play fron unauthorized cloud sites but wanted to know if GEForce is authorized. And wait for an answer. Then you’ll know. Not really sure what’s so hard about that.

3 Likes

Since I’m just being ignored here, after having pointed out that the answer has been asked and answered on here before. I will simply link the below Blue post and hopefully that will end the back and forth.

Bottom line… There are currently no APPROVED cloud play services and using any cloud play service is right now would put your account at risk:

8 Likes