GeForce Now

I understand the EULA says we can’t play Blizzard games on unauthorized cloud gaming services. But I’m hoping for definitive clarification from Blizzard and not another player.

Battlenet games such as WoW are on the GeForce Now service. Does that mean GeForce Now is an authorized cloud service that we can use?

I thought games have to be approved by the publisher to be on GeForce Now, but there are multiple reports of bans associated with it.

Some clarification by actual staff that know the situation would be nice.

We won’t be able to address this here, Belitt. You would want to reach out to our legal team for any clarifications needed above and beyond what is already in the Legal FAQ.

4 Likes

This really seems like something Customer Support should know. I’d like to be able to play WoW through GeForce Now but I don’t want to risk my account.

Why would WoW be available through GeForce Now if it’s not approved? And if it is approved why isn’t it something anyone outside of Blizzard’s Legal Department would know?

Either Nvidia is doing something they shouldn’t or communication inside Blizzard isn’t what it should be.

I’m sure you can’t or don’t want to comment further but it is something I think the community should discuss and that Blizzard should directly address so that we know that we are not doing something that will hurt our account.

1 Like

Blizzard does not have any control over what another business puts on their site.

You would need to post in General Discussion for that discussion.

6 Likes

If Nvidia is doing something they shouldn’t I’d imagine Blizz’s legal team would be glad to bill Blizzard for the boilerplate C&D letter they send Nvidia.

I never said they are doing something they shouldn’t. Just that Blizzard does not have a say in what another company puts on their website.

That’s where legal action steps in. Legal action is way to assert control.

But that’s not the important part for the player base. The important part is if it is approved or not. I bring it up as an illustration, to hope to convince Blizzard to more directly address it.

Customer Support is not a liaison to either group that would handle this. You would need to contact Legal for any legal aspects of it. The rest belongs in General Discussion.

1 Like

I’m not trying to get them to take legal action against Nvidia. I’m trying to find out if I use GeForce Now if I’ll compromise my account. Their EULA says “authorized cloud services.” I just want to know if GeForce Now is “authorized.” That sounds like a customer service question to me.

I know that Vrak has addressed this before. His advice is that any and all cloud play at this time should be avoided. There currently is not cloud service that Blizzard approves, if there was it would be on the Blizzard website. For now it is is wise to simply treat any and all cloud play services as against the rules.

3 Likes

Such discussions are legal matters, as it discusses what such a service has authorization or not. The moderators here are not liasons to that group. The link provided is the only way for anybody to seek answers on this question.

2 Likes

Which leads to the conclusion that Blizz needs better internal communication so they can actually communicate to customers.

Expectations about what this forum is used for are given to you in stickied threads. What you choose to do with that information is your purview.

2 Likes

You would need to take that part up with NVidia.

You are unlikely to get an outright “yes” or “no”. Third-party services can change on a whim. Blizzard does not have control over these other companies. As such, they can’t say for sure that something is allowed.

2 Likes

Their EULA says authorized. Which would reasonably mean they can authorize a service if they choose. I’m just wanting to know if the service is authorized for Blizzard’s customers such as myself to use. That seems like something they should be able answer.

Unfortunately, such a question cannot be answered on these forums. This discussion is starting to become circular and nothing can possibly be gained by trying to push for a different answer on this subject.

1 Like

It’s been circular.

Blizz needs better customer service and communication and not leave it to other players to do it for them.

Until it is listed here or on the Blizzard home page for WoW there are currently no authorized cloud play services. That is the answer.

5 Likes

Welcome to the purpose of this forum. You have already been given the answer to your question. I do greatly apologize if you are not satisfied with that answer.

3 Likes

Welcome to the Customer Support forum. It is a player-helping-player forum with Blizzard oversight and moderation. If you are looking for why it is not documented on Blizzard’s page, you need to ask the Devs on their twitter page. The SFAs here do not answer for them. They are not liaisons for the Devs.

1 Like