Gearing is terrible and unrewarding because of casuals

Apparently some want a gear disparity of 75 to 100 ilvls so they can feel better about “Muh leetness”.

53 Likes

Actually the roulette system of DROPS is aimed at hardcore players, the roulette system of the WEEKLY CHEST is for casuals, its a middle ground. You run dungeons alot? Good, higher chance at gear. You only do 1 dungeon a week? dont worry even if something doesnt drop youll get some gear and currencies (AZP, TR, Gold)

4 Likes

How dare them filthy casuls make this ELITE specimen of a man feel any less special in a video game!?

50 Likes

Now now Ramsay, you must know that they are either A) Posting on an alt, or B)Posting on their second account!!!

7 Likes

If the game truly catered to casuals it wouldn’t HAVE mythic raiding, or any content that would send a message to those players that they weren’t good.

Blizzard has grudgingly tried to retain the casual/bad players, because it needs them, but their attempts have been compromised by multiple incompatible goals (and, I suspect, by residual personal desire for making a difficult game, even if that makes no business sense.)

6 Likes

Op raids has 416 ilvl and player that never raids has 400 ilvl.

Does it matter though. The ilvl scaling in PvP makes it the same.

1 Like

lol all of your achieves were completed 4-6 years after the content was relevant rofl, you collect mounts thats all u do.

2 Likes

Legion WQ rewards worked mostly the same as they do in BfA. There was an overall cap each tier and WQs could go all the way up to that cap if you were very lucky.

3 Likes

This guy gets it.

13 Likes

Get them to develop a hardcore only game then and us casuals will gladly leave and take our money with us if you don’t want us around.

17 Likes

Agreed. I have alts that i don’t run m+ or raids on that are heroic raid ilvl. It makes normal raiding completely irrelevant, and makes heroic raiding unrewarding.

4 Likes

It’s much more difficult for the leet uber players to feel Superior with the gearing the way it is

16 Likes

Not sure what you are crying about. Your gear seems just right for a mythic+ and heroic raider.

5 Likes

children complaining the world isn’t fair. news at 11.

either you enjoy what you are doing or you don’t. why are you worried about how others obtain their gear?

41 Likes

News flash OP

This is a game, it’s all a waste of time.

You want to wast it in raids, good on ya. Let the rest of us waste time in our chosen way, and don’t worry about what we do.

It doesn’t matter, it’s pixels on a screen. Get over yourself.

42 Likes

This whole thing could be fixed if they just lower the ceiling of TF down to normal raid level (maybe heroic - though i still think that’s too high).

Then raiders keep their progression. Casuals can feel like they get periodic content from other content.

Also - the rewards for WQs and warfronts are too high for what it is. Warfronts sort of work just because its once every 2 weeks roughly … but it completely negates M+ < 7 and pushes folks into content they aren’t ready for just because they “have the gear”.

Honestly - mythic 6-9 is like the hardest band until you start pushing beyond 15, just due to the number of people who have no reason being there but “think” they know what they are doing due to their inflated ilvls.

1 Like

kept this game alive for the so-called hardcore players to enjoy.

40 Likes

Funny how that is always said but yet the content they work on and spend the most development on is raiding/mythic raiding with the ladder being about 10% of the playerbase.
You want to know how the game is made up and how the gear feeds works then play Diablo 3 as that is were that was the system modal that the adapted the gear system from with bounties be like world quests etc in the game.

The system in Diablo 3 works well due to the nature of the game as implemented in wow due to other constraints and resets it just makes it a dumpster fire.

As far as “im better because I play harder stuff Edge-lord, blah, blah” Sure I’ll take harder spec content like the mage tower for stuff but they have to make it first.
Otherwise be happy as Classic is coming, I don’t think you will make it in that gaming environment but still there is your chance, take it.

Will not reply again, Peace out.

5 Likes

Blizzard constantly catering to casuals has gotten to the point where heroic raiding is just a waste of time and mythic raiding is just slightly above that, world quests should have been kept at 330 ilvl, or not even offer gear. i wish gearing could return to TBC

Your grievance is missing the following standardized whinging terms:

1. You didn’t say “slap in the face”
  2. You said “casuals” and not “filthy casuals”
  3. You didn’t say “welfare epics”

Learn the proper terminology. If you don’t signal correctly, how can you expect other leet players to identify you on the forums?

What I did think was clever is, since Classic is about to be released and people are about to learn first hand what a crappy grindfest it was, that you moved it up: WoW was best in BC. That ought to work until they release a classic BC.

26 Likes

My understanding is that raiders raid not for gear but for the challenge of completing the harder content. Better gear is what raiders need to acquire in order to be able to take this challenge; as such, accumulating gear is not in itself a reward from raiding, but rather a step taken to be able to participate in it.

7 Likes