Gearing a ret paladin in Classic (PVP)

Except plenty of guilds in 2005 raided fine with Rets or the other ‘lolspecs’

I’m not proclaiming they were amazing or at the top of anything but it happened and most of those guilds were fine.

A guild falling apart probably had far more issues then a Ret Pally being in it FYI, this whole ‘Guild fall apart’ argument makes f**k all sense because I doubt 1 DPS role which can easily be replaced will destroy an entire guild.

I’m seeing a lot of troll answers on here.

The most efficient way will be for you to spec Holy at the start, and then gear up with Ret as your offspec. You won’t really have any competition for 2H weapons since most “real” dps classes need 1H’s.

Once MC/BWL is on farm you’ll mainly be competing with Fury warriors and Prot offspec for loot. And I’ve heard most plate items from raids aren’t good for Fury anyways.

If you insist on only playing Ret, you’ll need to farm the crap out of dungeons and craft up decent stuff. Getting Nightfall will make you more attractive for raids, but warrior OTs with it will be more desirable.

This is incorrect considering Spelladin doesn’t stack AP, Spelladins will be to busy wanting stuff Fury’s either can’t even use or have no business touching.

It’s very sad. I think I’ll roll a hunter or rogue to pvp anyway. e.e’

1 Like

Not true paladin has higher uptime on nightfall even then hamstring spam and doesn’t cause the warrior to waste his dps.

1 Like

^^^ding ding ding^^^

This would also benefit a spelladin. Hmmm something to consider.

Considering the onyxia head has a cooldown and not every guild will be doing world buffs the disparity isn’t as bad as you think. Paladins require a lot but if your allies aren’t tunneled excessive buffs then your contribution even swinging SoC isn’t that far behind.

I’m thinking of going holy for dungeons till I get some gear and then when pvp is released sticking to that since the blue pvp set is nice for ret!

“I won’t do it. Therefor, no one will do it.”

:cocktail:

This is the age old question answered in full; “Does a garbage can know it’s a garbage can?”

Clearly, no, it doesn’t. Because it cannot think beyond itself.

you are in for a hard time

The moment you let a ret in raid, you open yourself to booking and other memers. While it is true, current content is easy, it won’t be when aq and naxx comes out. Guilds want to recruit top players and that is why parses exist, to use it as propaganda for recruitment.

No serious guild would want memers as that would slow clear time. Not to mention it is disrespect to those that don’t go raiding as a meme. If you want to have fun, then join like minded people and have your druid main tank while fun build booking heals you see how well a “fun guild” gets you.

It won’t be easy? Rets are already pulling numbers that were considered top tier in vanilla. Comparing that and you get content that is so easy that all the discrimination looks like a clown car full of clowns. Hilarious really.

By stealing, lying, buying and being a complete con artist

Hey! All you elitist whiners.
I saw a lvl 60 pally in SW with Sulfy’s hammer.
So stop talking.
Can’t remember his name unfortunately.

Tier 2, or Tier 2.5.

If you really truly cant raid, tier .05 is passable. But you cant get a weapon worth mentioning without raiding or rank 14 so you’ll be dead in the water anyway.

As a ret be ready to do it all cleanse, heal, dps, bop, and more.

In a raid your more than dps. If all you do is dps probably nobody will take you.

For PvP any dam Paladin or shaman spec is OP.

Gearing a Paladin is harder ideal at the moment would be your PvP set or T2 set.
Off pieces need crit, hit, ap.

When p5 comes you want T2.5 the other off gear should be crit/ap/hit.

So, you need or want 200+ sp dmg then a lot of crit/ap/hit.

BiS weapon hand of rag for Paladin till phase 6. Then it’s the fable sword everyone would like to have.

So, what do u need a mixture of gear Sp dmg, crit, hit, and ap.

Why T2? 8 set gives an additional judgement.

T2.5 gives you everything you want.

Does a ret put out good dmg? Yes, around 300 to 500 dps that’s if they are allowed to. What’s that mean? Well, cleanse, off heal, not being able to use what u want for a buff, and more.

When u do it all looking at 150 to 350 dps.

T2 is mostly for MCP spell damage rets. AP ret just uses what is best which might be a couple pieces of T2.

If allowed to put up SotC and if your raid allows you to use Consecration (uses a debuff slot) you can get 700+ dps.

That said, these necro threads… Blizzard, your suggested topics at the bottoms of threads need to have a date filter.

This another necro thread? Wtf