Gear sets don't save in Equipment Manager

I have multiple gear set that I switch around depending on which activity I’m doing. But with 8.1, every time I exit the game and come back, every set resets to what it was pre-patch, it’s pretty annoying when you sim a lot of stuff and have to remember what was what.

More details : When you log back in, you keep the set you last equipped, but if you change to another preset, it switches to what it was pre-patch.

12 Likes

Can confirm having the same issue. Probably something related to the file changes that came along with the patch.
On the plus side it undid my mistake of saving over my resto set with my enhance gear on which only happened cause I was confused by the wrong boots being on due to the bug!

2 Likes

Yup, same here

2 Likes

Same, not saving at all.

2 Likes

I am also having this issue. Sets tied to specs do not switch when I change specs. Logging out will delete any changes I made to the sets.

1 Like

having this issue as well

2 Likes

I am also experiencing this issue. Gear sets will not save. I’ve tried unloading all addons. Still an issue. I’m guessing it has something to do with the new file structure this patch?

2 Likes

Same issue here, equipment sets revert after logging out to whatever was saved prepatch. Tried just logging to another character, reverted… tried exiting the game… reverted.

2 Likes

Same, as a monk who does multiroles for the guild, this is extremely irritating.

2 Likes

Same here, play multiroles on pally. New gear setup won’t save after logging off.

2 Likes

Same here too.
Gear sets won’t save any new gear since patch earlier today.
Appears to save at first, but once I log out, simply reverts to saying “missing” for any pieces I have replaced on any toon.

1 Like

same here

tried logging out and back in, closing client completely and reopening, nothing fixes the equipment manager not saving new changes

win10x64
WoW 8.1.0 (28724) (Release x64) Dec 7 2018

1 Like

Can confirm. This is totally annoying.

2 Likes

Tried a scan and repair, didn’t fix it.

Addons and game options are saved upon exiting …but this isn’t.
Where are the equipment sets saved, anyone? Maybe the folder has some kind of write protection, (im on windows 10x64)

*Wow, this is crazy buggy. I can make entirely new sets that will save, but it will only save equipment, and keeps taking off shirt/tabard slots, and I still can’t edit the new sets.

2 Likes

Having the same issue.

2 Likes

Yeah same here.

2 Likes

Can confirm. The new set isn’t saved to the server? Whenever I change specs, the game always equips my pre-8.1 set. Whenever I relog, all sets revert to their pre-8.1 state.

2 Likes

If you make a new set that seems to work.

1 Like

same thing here

Not only are sets not saving, almost every spell icon is missing from the Equipment Manager listing. I can no longer use the icon for Penance as Disc and SWP for Shadow on my priest