Gear is rating gated for SL

Sorry that you have to put more effort in for pvp gear.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with effort.

Higher rating does not equal more effort neither so try again.

Pikaboo will win every single game until he is 50 games in and 2700, while Johnnyrando can play 3k games and never even get 2400.

Johnny put in more effort buddy. Not Pikaboo.

7 Likes

implying pika started the game as a rank 1 player

1 Like

Pika is 17, and has been Glad/R1 every season he has played.

Its not implying, thats actual reality.

It absolutely takes more effort.

hilarious lol

Not sure whats hilarious? Have you not watched a single interview with Pika? He said he was bad for a few months and wow just clicked for him, and he was instantly top ladder.

Which is super cool, Pika just has natural skills for Video games. Most people do not.

Then they gear through pve. There’s options for you.

how come he has cata elite sets and no glad mounts?

u seriously think he played 11 games of arena and became insane at rogue?

also pretending that 3000 arenas is a lot in a 15 year old game is HILARIOUS

1 Like

I’m confused.

Let’s say I sprinted a mile, and I completed it in five minutes.

You walked that mile. It took you 16 minutes.

Did you put in more effort because you committed more time to it?

Your logic is horrendous here.

You aren’t “putting in more effort” because you’re mindlessly q’ing 3’s games in lfg or random bg’s / arena skirms, and you eventually have a few thousand games played.

You’re putting in more effort when you form a group of people with whom you can communicate like actual human beings and not incel ragers and discuss what happened after each game, going over what could’ve been done differently. How you could’ve rotated defensive cd’s better, or made cleaner swaps, etc.
You’re putting in more effort when you’re capable of self-reflection and improving upon what you did wrong.
You’re putting in more effort when you theory craft or do the research on people who have theory crafted to get the absolute most out of your character.

Q’ing games isn’t effort. Anyone can do that. Not everyone can actually put in the effort because they don’t actually want to.

2 Likes

That’s how it is now though…

The only thing I can think though is that because they’ve reduced ilvl bumps between difficulties to 13 that they’ll do

Challenger/Heroic
Rival + 6 (219)
Duelist + 13 (226)
Elite +13 (226)

Because others have stated that duelist & elite award mythic level loot.

Think that’s great. 2100 is a fair ilvl cap.

Though, I wish weapon enchants and the elite title were strictly 2400+ and only in 3’s.
The legion weapon enchant felt so good to earn. BFA’s was just “meh”

Edit:
Also, the max weapon level of a mythic raid is 233.
I think a 2.2k+ 3’s rating should also offer an elite 233 ilvl weapon

It is already there right now with honor talents, and in SL they are adding the PVP trinket set bonus.

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

1 Like

Ideally, higher rating and more effort would be you gearing faster. I just can’t get behind rating reqs in any form, they’re terrible. That being said, Blizzard should really bring things back like class specific elite sets, and make some decent cosmetics.

8 Likes

Not to the degree of WoD. You’ll have to wait for a WoD classic server.

Was assuming it was also that high for actually buying the gear itself off the vendor (not just the cheat) which starts out in bfa being at or below normal raid ilvl

If it’s just the chest nothing new except that apparently duelist gives u BiS end of week loot

As long as they allow us to get some what powerful via normal BG gear…

Gear was rating locked in wod and i cared less about it because the base pvp set they provided was enough juice to have fun.

I love me some better gear sure i just hope we get to that point again, where normal pvpers can just BG all day and feel re-warded…

I have more hope for them balancing the gear because there isnt 5,000 choices like we had in BFA…

I DUNNO

We’ll see, the BG gear right now seems to be gated behind a ridiculously long grind (like over 600 BG’s with a 50% win rate) for the set.

In WoD, you could have the entire honor set in a weekend and it was only 15 ilvl below the BiS PVP gear. Imagine having something that awesome for PvP…

It was not. Everyone could get the highest conquest gear. Rating allowed you to get it faster though. Seems like the perfect solution to me.

There was also a sweet catch up system in place, so getting into PVP was easy even well into a season.

6 Likes

I don’t remember that.