Gear is NOT what's holding you back

So as you all know or maybe you don’t im subbed to a bunch of WoW pvp streamers who are doing “zero to hero” basically they are making fresh alts and pushing elite 2400 with them. A lot of them are are pushing decent ratings with item level 200 gear and by decent im talking about 2200+. So that begs the question. Is gear really whats holding you back from achieveing you’re goals or something else?

4 Likes

something else

What’s holding YOU back from showing us more of those amazing gameplay videos :slight_smile: ? (I saw one where you trinketed imprison for no reason or something.)

26 Likes

It’s warriors tethering you to the spear or those ones that get green and angry like hulk and execute you for 40k.

If gear wasn’t an issue those players who are normally 3200 would still be 3200.

Getting 2200 in 200ilvl is impressive but gear is obviously limiting them to an extent or else they would be the same rating as their fully geared characters

23 Likes

This forum post is a flagrant violation of the existing forum guidelines, please if you are moderating take a look at your own support article. (I would link it, but don’t want to cause any trouble.)

Please see the section on Spamming or Trolling and Creating Duplicate Threads as even a basic review / contextual research into the OP post history including alts, should provide a plethora of examples of multiple violations.

It really saddens me to have to post this bluntly (nor do I figure it will matter,lol) but it seems like nothing gets accomplished here and chronic posts seem to continue unchecked disrupting the overall harmony of a lot of the posters trying to be productive/objective here.

11 Likes

There are alot more variables causing that other then gear. Not playing with normal partners being a big one.

Also, let’s not nit pick and understand the entire point of doing this is to show you can get max gear, what most people’s goal is, with out having to grind every tier to be on par…

2 Likes

rating tied to gear tiers is a big nono for me, idc about how marginal the differences are

13 Likes

Ya not disagreeing, just saying that acting like its holding you back is dumb.

1 Like

Maybe not for very skilled players like the ones used in the example, but for your average player who would just like to have fun in some random battlegrounds, it’s quite a different story.

8 Likes

Yep, those streamers have years of experience and play for like 8 hours a day. Can it be done? Sure, but most people don’t have the advantages that those players have (skill and time).

11 Likes

true, those 3300cr players are able to hit 2400, 900 points lower than their full geared mains

:nerd_face:

7 Likes

It’s not that dumb. Obviously the absolute top percentile of players are going to make everything look easy but I think it’s a different story for people who are new to rated pvp.

At least for me there is a pretty big learning curve from brand new player to gladiator and having decent gear really helps ease the transition when you’re climbing to a new rating threshold.

2 Likes

Yeah lol, a lot of them are playing the exact same spec as their main. I mean hats off/kudos but the context is far from the norm and more of “look at me” for attention/views/ego. Take your pick.

2 Likes

True, we should use credit cards like yourself, craven Pilgarlik

1 Like

It is, even in this instance the gear isn’t holding you back. The knowledge of the game is.

Thats the difference between these players doing the zero to hero and you. They aren’t pushing buttons faster then you can, they just know when to push them.

2 Likes

Hard to gain much knowledge while getting obliterated in one shot.

8 Likes

Oh I agree 100% I’m just saying that gear still plays a part.

Like you can’t exactly learn much if you’re getting deleted within a single stun.

Also it makes a huge difference in BG’s where I think most people go to farm honor for upgrades.

Good thing full gear prevents you from dying in stuns.

2 Likes

Gear is part of the problem. A small part but still a part of it.