Gear in pvp

this goes for ALL forms of pvp, GEAR NEEDS TO MATTER!! the higher the gear level the more damage you do, the less gear you have the LESS damage you do, a 430 ilvl should NEVER kill a 470+ ilvl, but guess what, it happens and its BULLSH!T. ive been saying this for YEARS now and nothings been done yet even looked at… this is truly sickening
I hope shadowlands changes this or you (blizz) just might lose even more of your player base

5 Likes

ilvl should matter (to an extent). It’s actually way out of control. PVE gear is way stronger than you can get from the PVP vendor.

I see why Blizzard does it though, it makes the PVE fans feel good.

26 Likes

I agree with most of what you have said, but personally I have never lost 1v1 to a 430 item level player.

3 Likes

470 was afk?

8 Likes

Everyone’s more or less unanimous in agreeing that gear should matter. The debate is over the extent to which it should matter.

Imo, the game is more fun where general skill, game knowledge, strategy, and team coordination are individually more deciding than gear in a PvP encounter. Every 10 item levels amounted to a 1% boost in base stats during legion and I really enjoyed that.

17 Likes

in my opinion they should just give out a standard set where everyone is even in gear and let pvp come down to comp and skill.

9 Likes

THIS is BS, imo.

However, gear should matter. In the respect that PVE gear should not be given a high iLVL in pvp, it should count as half. I am so tired of BGs being fun until you hit max level. It’s fun because they’re not PVE masters going into BGs with incredible gear. Not all of us have time to spend conquering this game. KEEP PVE GEAR OUT OF PVP!

22 Likes

You were afk and the mage casted gyro 3 times? It sucks, but it happens.

1 Like

Totally disagree with the OP here.

Although your hard work should result in some sort of benefits, one of the most thrilling/cool/fun experiences is to outplay someone who has better gear with you because you knew what to do at the right time, or used the right item or whatever. Reacted faster. Whatever. It’s a great moment.

7 Likes

Uh, do you happen to have a video of this?

I need to see it to believe it.

Edit: Is this a complaint about fire mages? Because a completely naked fire mage can kill the most geared player in the world with greater pyros.

2 Likes

AGREE. I was gonna chime in to say SKILL should matter > gear, especially for PVP.

9 Likes

They can’t even balance Warlocks let alone skill versus gear. At least having gear hit hard helps you to balance things against classes that are over tuned but the player is lazy.

5 Likes

Most likely the 430 was more skilled :laughing:

3 Likes

What I have seen this expansion and a few prior expansion is that if you want to take pvp seriously and competitively you have to raid and do visions. You are not going to beat someone that raids, does mythics+, or visions. Just not going to happen.

They have trinket advantage, corruption advantage, gear advantage. It’s sad but that’s how the Devs of WoW have designed it.

There’s a solution. They just need to go back to pvp resilience. The reason why is because it doesn’t matter how strong the PvE gear is, if resilience is needed for pvp they are forced to get pvp gear with resilience. When resilience was introduced nobody used PvE gear for pvp in battlegrounds or arenas.

Easy fix to do this, but they won’t do it ever.

13 Likes

Not true. It all depends on class/spec and player ability. Though you do need to do visions to level your cloak.

I had a 56 k player in a BfG last night . :man_facepalming:t4::man_facepalming:t4:

I could kill him with a trinket !!

1 Like

I am not vouching for the 56k hp players. Heck, when I hit 120 I had 70kish hp…

I remember killing an afk 120 in Operation Murloc Freedom on a modestly geared 110 early in BfA. I was concerned about getting ganked while doing it, but there was an audience watching me and cheering. I ended getting 10k honor for it. Took forever, though.

1 Like

Just this expansion and Legion. WoD was the best pvp gearing system this game has ever seen. And they followed it with the two worst ever.

6 Likes

No they just really, really suck. Which is the case of most people who whine about being beaten by people with no gear in pvp