Gear, bronze farming, and threads, all known information/conclusions

This was information I was after. Going to bookmark this thread.

Edit: miswording on WoWhead

2 Likes

Oh I’m sure. Problem is I thought it was a tag you add to something in general but it’s a subforum and I cant move it. (The last thread I made was in general discussion.) If I can’t figure out how to swap it over (I guess an admin did it last time but IDK.) Then I’ll delete it and remake it. (I can do that right?)

Um I think I understand what you mean. That should be in there as number, 9. You can get 4 greater caches for 1250 a piece, so 5k total, plus some garbo instance loot, like 300-500 an instance, and a few threads. I counted the caches and the melted instance loot but not the daily quest cache. The threads will add some value but it won’t be much and it’s hard to quantify. Or did I misunderstand?

The once a day dungeon/scenario plus the daily quest is probably the most efficient way to farm bronze possible now yes. It’s about 290 bronze/minute to do one. The problem is that you only get one a day per level 70 (I checked and the lower level dailies don’t give that big reward.) But if your leveling 70s for the bonus bronze (that’s also pretty efficient as far as I can tell) then yea you might as well do them all too.

Where did you get the 17.5k figure?

1 Like

Way to suck all the fun out of everything.

I just play the game, do the things I like doing, run some dungeons/scenarios/LFR, level some alts. Bronze is not an issue and I haven’t felt like I will not be able to get all the things I want to get from the event
But then, I don’t have the unreasonable expectation of being able to get every single thing in a few hours played or even at all. There are relatively few things unique to the event and most of the stuff still be available by other means long after Remix is gone.
The bronze cost of the Remix exclusive items is very reasonable.

1 Like

Well then just do that then I guess what’s the problem? I mean if your not worried about efficiency at all then why do you care that this exists?

I like to game the game more than play the game. Most of the time it’s more fun to write the spreadsheet that breaks things. So this sort of activity is just my preferred way to game in remix. (I didn’t farm like 100k bronze because I was writing this all up and collecting information.)

2 Likes

how do you get 17k bronze by doing the daily heroic dungeon and scenerio?

Great post.

And exactly what I have been saying, people who say “increase ilvl and it makes you earn more bronze” are delusional.

I can do all the same content they do besides mythic and thats where most of the bronze is.

Plenty of people were actually pushing the narative of “increased my ilvl and now the game is raining bronze!”

What a joke.

Im either never upgrading gear till they nerf it or im going back to live. I got my alts leveled and this private server raid bs is lame af.

1 Like

They misworded it.

First WoWhead article had said just the first one.

Then they made a correction in this. It’s increased from before tho

1 Like

you posted that 8 hours ago though and that has been around for 2 days already - you did not notice?

I mean that is how it works… I upgraded to max ilv and I run in a group of people with similar ilv. We zerg through each raid in roughly 45mins and make all 60-80k bronze in under a hour.

It is an incredible amount of bronze only reason it takes so long is a few rp bosses.

2 Likes

Theoretically you can get the completion time down enough that it would be a decent bronze/min rate. But, my observed average time to complete one of the easy raids is about 30 minutes. (The two hard raids is about an hour and a half.)

My impression of some that are saying things like “see it’s easy” is that they’re not counting form up time, travel time, time spent melting gear and sorting whatever.

The data I have is from guild clears so it’s a 3 hour block of killing with 0 form up time and minimal travel time. Basically 0 waiting is what I’m saying. AND we also had a couple of guys doing 300-400k dps. (Normal bosses are all trivial at that rate and die in 2-3 minutes anyway.)

I don’t actually know what you can get the minimum completion time down to but I’d guess it’s around 10 minutes. That would include stacking speed gear, basically one shotting everything including bosses, and auto melting everything en-mass once a day. (Around this point just traveling becomes a pita as it’ll take you 3-5 minutes just to GET to the raid in the first place.)

I should get some more data this next week (we’ve a guy who’s almost maxed out his gear and a few others that are pretty close) so I can update the info later.

1 Like

The higher content you run, the greater your acquisition speed, so leveling up the gear does make some sense in higher content. You just have to figure out what level of gear keeps you alive in the highest level content of your choice and stop upgrading after that.

In my case however, I do zero instanced content, so leveling up my gear would just be stupid.

I missed it, shift work. :disappointed:

This is all good and interesting numbers (I do like me some data afterall) but doesn’t really take into account that it requires hella optimized and consistent groups for anything that isn’t solo content (which even also guaranteed unless you got bot or TAS capabilities working for you).

Simply put, I consider the bronze an investment into yourself. I know for a guaranteed fact my fresh 70 DPS alt is more than capable of clearing every raid at max level and outputting at least 400k DPS…way more than sufficient to clear a normal raid boss…but yet I get constantly declined from nearly every group thus forcing me to either make my own instead of joining an already formed and ready to go one thus wasting my time waiting for bodies to show up.

As I’ve said before, investing in your gear is investing in your future gains not only for the simple stat and tinker increases, but because assuming you don’t have a consistent daily group to clear with, you’re chasing down pug slots with a deeply embedded mindset that you “need” to be overgeared/experienced or you are dead weight to the group. I rather sign up to an 8 or 9 man pug group and get that invite over wasting 10-15 or even more minutes applying to them all and/or just end up forming it and waiting for bodies to get together when 3 of those raids can be practically done or at least VERY well plugging through in those same 10 mins.

Most of the information on there is optimized, not optimized. I’m on a high population server so I have to dip in and out to get good results. I’ll end up retesting a few things now that I have a guy on a dead server cluster.

One of the next things I’m working on is a data set of pug raids. I’m just going to keep track of the total time to run each raid. I’m tracking everything, getting into a group, waiting for it to set up, running it, and to some extent cleaning bags. I’ll have a tag for a ward group or not and that’s the only thing extra.

It depends on what your doing this all for. If you just want to play the game (which sounds like what you want) then it can make sense quite early to upgrade. If you’re just trying to farm bronze then it might not make sense at all.

Spending 300k so that you can farm an extra 80 bronze an hour might not work at all. First you farmed at about 100/min over 50 hours. You’d have to farm for an additional 28 hours just to get back to 300k. With 78 hours of base farming you’d have 468000 bronze, or basically enough to buy every mount.

1 Like

We run 1 healer, 1 tank, and a ret pally rest high level DPS and just melt. It’s fast

Yet I bought half the mounts tonight…

Great, collect some data for me.

Open a timer and run it during the raid. If your doing a fixed time guild thing start it when you start. If your pugging with some randos or friends start it when you start getting a group together. Tell me the total time it takes, include cleaning up your bags, and what exactly is cleared.

The main problem you guys don’t seem to see is that killing things was never the main bottleneck to actually doing stuff. Its, the pre-game stuff, actually walking around the instance, and then cleaning up. There’s a bunch of reasons right there that we’re all speedrunning with feral druids when we clear old instances for gold/tmog.

1 Like

I open my friends list and say let’s do this, and instantly have half the raid done. We start clearing trash, by the time we get to first boss we have the group done. We one shot everything, only stopping to loot. The rp scenes are what makes it so long. Each boss fight is about 9-15 seconds. Garrosh is the longest. Mythic garrosh because he has so much rlenis

1 Like

The biggest thing you get is security and to an extent a degree of autonomy. I know if I have 40 minutes to play WoW I can log into remix and clear all of heroic Tot in that time because I am the carry and I will get invited to near enough the first group I sign up for. If I were less geared I would be waiting around for a group to accept me, or potentially struggling on later bosses due to lack of ability to skip mechanics with cheeses leading to it taking longer than the time I have or potentially failing to clear at all.

Personally I just treated the title from Mythic SOO as a 500k cost cosmetic, got that one first, and now everything else is much easier than if I’d try to do it the other way around.

2 Likes

So what im hearing is ive been right all along no need to upgrade gear cuz the cost outweighs the time saved

Edit: AKA you spend way more time just getting to a point of geared that youd have all the mounts and transmog faster if you just hard focused getting those instead of wasting time on spending it with gear