GDKPs ruined the casual Alliance TBC experience

Guild hasn’t had an issue with Shamans, and I didn’t have an issue getting into GDKPs even when I was dirt poor. Sounds like “new players” just don’t want to put anything into the community and just want to be handed raid slots and free gear for existing? Are your “new player” friends also Rogues/“DPS ONLY WARRIOR/PALADIN” or some other undesirable?

Best players will never level alongside new ones. I dungeon grinded with my friends from 60 to 70, and I’ll do the same from 70-80. I’m not going to replace one of my friends with some random undergeared person I don’t know just because they want a spot in my group.

Your words only prove the OP right.

He’s right in that people won’t carry others for no reason. And why should they? Make your own charity raid.

Scrubs and hard reserved losers ruined my tbc experience.

post on main or don’t post

i’m leveling an alt for 2 weeks with 50% exp buff and i still suffer and wish i didn’t

2 Likes

edgyjojomeme you have 16 thousand forum posts

what on earth

1 Like

Didn’t have problems finding a guild in vanilla as a Hunter either. If my buddies are asleep then I’m NOT doing dungeons because it’s more of a headache than it’s worth to run with noobs. I also don’t have any alts, this is my only character.

My only experience running with SR runs or MS>OS is constantly wiping for 4+ hours on content I cleared months ago. When I tried to join a guild’s run that needed a Hunter fill, I was told to leave after I put both my SRs on an item someone in the guild wanted. There’s a reason people flock to GDKPs, and it’s not just the gold.

You should just be flocking to a loot council guild instead, which is probably what you did in vanilla because you don’t sound like your trash at the game. Gamers go to loot council guilds. This is the way.

GDKPs are a vehement toxin that straight up shouldn’t exist in any mmo format. You’d have to be completely mentally defunct to ignore the other obvious problems that come with GDKPs, aside from the main one im bringing up in this post, which is that it completely ruined raiding for the casual playerbase on alliance when combined with the other 2 factors i outlined.

I mean, I did, but I really like the flexibility of schedule of raiding with randoms. In LC guilds, you lose a lot by missing a week, they see the missing attendance and think it’s a “waste” to give you gear, so if you’re someone that can’t raid every week then it doesn’t matter how good you are.

If you miss a week in a structured random run, then you don’t really lose anything, but that comes with a constantly rotating roster. With a constantly changing roster, there’s no way to guarantee you’ll EVER get the item you want in a MS>OS or SR format. Just look at the pugs running Gruul with 10+ people rolling on DST. GDKPs allow you to retain some sort of long term item acquisition goals, while also meaning you don’t lose anything for missing a week or two due to life circumstances.

GDKP has problems, but it has nothing to do with the loot system and more to do with Blizzard being unable to enforce their own rules (botting and gold buying).

1 Like

I agree with you in this post. Our guild was loot council while I was running it and I gave out two DSTs to our two hunters, but my enhance shaman quit over the second one not going to him.

The game + looting system isn’t perfect by any means. I genuinely believe the game would be better off without GDKPs for a multitude of reasons, most namely new player retention. Ultimately, the combination of 5 shaman meta + gdkp + alliance not having an immediate surplus of shamans resulted in the death of many a small guild.

Edit: Lots of my guildies became my close friends, and I ended up running a small gruul HR for my warrior homie every single week until he got it. Sometimes u just gotta find the right group of gamers that respect how hard you owN

Luckily the Shaman meta dies off in WotLK and you can just bring good players for the most part instead of having to build raids around having 5 Shaman 3 Paladins

1 Like

Yeah, wotlk truly does save the casual raid experience. Probably the single best change for newer groups of players.

That is incredibly abnormal lol. I promise you are a tiny, tiny minority on this.

1 Like

Sounds more like you don’t like the group comp meta in tbc which is gone in wrath with raid wide buffs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.