GDKPs killed Classic, change my mind

People buying gold to then going to GDKPs on fresh toons and getting kitted out.

This is P2W, it happens daily and it’s killed any interest for TBC Classic and will most likely kill WoTLK.

I’m on Grobb and 90% of my server LFG is people selling GDKPs or boosts.

GDKPs are a cancer.

They enable bots, they enable gold buying, they enable P2W and they diminish quality of community by sacrificing actual group based content for paid runs and only doing runs if you’re getting paid.

People have turned into greedy loot goblins who hate RNG and would rather swipe for their sense of achievement.

113 Likes

Change your own mind. It’s not other people’s job to do it for you.
:axe:

8 Likes

Gdkps aren’t pay2win.

You can’t pay2win in classic.

4 Likes

People buying gold may be a pretty big issue. That’s separate from GDKP though, which can be the fairest raiding system.

In any case, whether you’re interested in TBC Classic or not, you have not provided any real evidence that GDKP (nor RMT for that matter) have had any impact on your own personal preference.

2 Likes

Nice troll.

15 Likes

You’re the 1 using pay 2 win wrong.

You can’t legally buy gold in classic, if we used your definition EVERY MMO IS PAY2WIN.

You also can’t buy gear that’s more powerful than others. The gear yourl buy can be gotten for free.

You’re also in the raid killing the same bosses.

You really don’t have any idea what actual pay2win means.

14 Likes

How do you think Billy the fresh level 70 Warlock got his full T6 in less than 2 weeks?

It’s “fair” in the sense that degens with credit cards can swipe for Chinese botted gold to pay for your time raiding, but in reality you’ve essentially killed any sense of community by enabling essentially P2W with an extra step of calling it a “GDKP”.

17 Likes

GDKP’s suck, but you’re kidding yourself if you think GDKP’s killed classic.

Most players that came back to play classic wanted to completely break the game. GDKP’s let them do that by skipping ahead of others and not having to rely on a guild. Players are so selfish that they don’t want to wait their turn. This encourages gold buying.

GDKP’s are also very convenient way to make gold for people who don’t want to run the risk of getting banned for buying gold. A well run GDKP will earn you thousands of gold per hour in BT and likely more in Sunwell. No matter where you sit on the fence about GDKP’s it’s hard to pass that up if you’re able to get into one.

Extreme inflation in the economy from the facts above only encourages people to join in GDKP’s or fall behind.

GDKP’s also push people out from farming materials which reduces supply on the auction hosue. Why would people spend their time farming anything when they can earn more gold per hour by going to a GDKP or boosting people in strat?

Farming bots are a necessary evil as a result or the consumable economy would be completely trash.

Just some things most people don’t realize or talk about.

11 Likes

As if that’s going to stop people lmao, Classic has a bigger RMT/bot scene then Retail.

You can go try farming on your own for mats, almost all of it has been botted to sht and the economy literally only generates gold via GDKPs.

It’s all just a P2W Scummy bot paradise.

17 Likes

Why is your mind worth changing?

4 Likes

Your controversial forum threads remind me of one of our resident well-known forum trolls, although I don’t think you’re the same person because of the pattern.

You’re also doing the same thing on the General Discussion forum.

Either way, based on your newest General Discussion thread where you are demanding things from the mods it looks like you’ll get a forum vaction soon. (Edit: Soon after I posted this the demand to mods thread got deleted, not surprisingly, so don’t bother looking, but other threads are there)

Just a warning to anyone who is taking these threads seriously. I think this is a valid discussion topic but I don’t think that’s why this thread was made.

3 Likes

Based on his history, I’m gonna guess OP was banned for buying gold.

3 Likes

Alright bois, another loser accusing everyone of buying gold because he is a loser in the game.

Nothing else to see here.

Leeches like you are a cancer to the game, the less players of your ilk the better for the game.

2 Likes

Forums are pretty pro gkccp. I agree though.

3 Likes

Not anymore with Multiboxxing banned.

It’s fair in the sense that it allows for player agency; rather than being tied to a centralized authority such as a guild leader, loot council, etc. It allows you to bring your DKP to any other GDKP.

If you are buying gold, or know people who are buying gold, make sure to file a report with Blizzard. Be the solution!

I love me some gdkps.

1 Like

community this community that bla bla bla

do you realy think if gdkps were banned those people would want to play with you ?

if I cant run gdkps anymore I would just raid on my main 2 times a week with my guild dont even bother with alts

1 Like

He’s just used to being carried for free

3 Likes

You can just… not join them? I sure don’t.

2 Likes