GDKPs are a full on scam

No I joined as a hybrid, bought an item, and then was removed at the end of the run along with half the others without a cut which they then distributed to their 10 buddies. I was also in the top 3 of every trash pack and boss fight.

I’d bring that up to a GM. If the loot rules were printed in chat, then they need to follow said rules.

Link the logs of the run.

1 Like

calling people out in the forums is against the ToS. I put in a ticket but I am sure they won’t do anything. There are so damn many scammers out there any more. Its kinda a bummer

1 Like

Linking the logs of your fight is not against TOS.

I would probably advise against joining trade chat “gdkps” and find an established discord.

live and learn friend.

1 Like

We just call that a carry in Shadowlands lol.

A carry in shadowlands is something different than a ticket run.

A carry doesn’t need to have gold or anything given in order to get in. You can be in a carry just since your guild wants to gear that players alt or since your new.

A ticket run is a type of carry that you are specifically buying a ticket to get into and be the guy getting pooled loot the specific loot in question being based on the agreement. There may be other players in there that are getting carried but if you are not a ticket buyer you don’t get the loot prio.

That sounds like what happens in shadowlands.

In Shadowlands folks are spamming to carry my toon through 15s and any raid in shadowlands and I get all the loot they get. Also, I can buy arena carries too.

Not quite in shadowlands the runs you are talking about there is nothing that makes any player give you the loot in a run you are being carred in. At any point they can just say oh they cant trade that item as they dont yet got that ilvl in that slot. Or even that item wasen’t included in the agreement it was only “unneeded” loot.

Being carried through a 15 is also not a ticket run as no loot is part of it thats just a paid carry. IF they include loot that is a ticket run and is the correct term used even on retail. People do use the line carry with loot included. But buying a “carry” and expecting loot when it was not mentioned in only setting yourself up to be “scammed” as you are not being clear on the terms. Wouldn’t be a scam for them to not give you loot even if you took it as included as was never agreed on. While most groups will include loot unless agreed in advance there is nothing requiring them to.

Ticket runs are a vary clear type of runs with clear terms that you get all the loot included on your ticket no questions asked. You are not just a carry. While if you are carrying someone by the content you are under no obligation to give them any loot what so ever in a non ticket run unless additional agreements have been made.

Fine print and terms are vary important in agreements this thread is a prime example of that. The op is complaining about GDKPs being a scam since he din’t read the fine print of who was a “pure buyer” and if they will get a cut.

The pure buyer part is kinda BS i agree. but Blizz isnt going to do anything about it so it is what it is at this point. Unless they ban gdkps or say this is how it has to work(which they wont) then they are going to be manipulative and degen as it gets

Being top dps means exactly nothing to if you get a cut or not. The only thing that matters is the terms you agreed to. If by the terms you agreed to being a pure buyer and no cut that is what you are.

Assuming you are using a reputable host there rules will be followed and many reputable hosts are part of large server discords that do have the recourse of having that raid leader banned from there community if they break there own rules.

thus being a hybrid, a buyer that also get a cut

Its not BS at all, IF he agreed to it thats the biggest thing the OP hasen’t bothered to show what he agreed to.

If he joined as a pure buyer he KNEW going in was not gonig to get a cut which most GDKPS post who are pure buyers before the run even starts as well as the requirements to get a cut.

What matters here is if the run was done with a reputable hosts and if so what was the rules or if it was done with a unknown host in which case why was the OP even in that run. There are many good communitys for GDKPs no real reason to join unknowns and if you do expect to get screwed GDKPS are buyer beware and blizzard has made that clear.

I’m not sure because even pure buyers on my server get a cut.

I would have to see the logs

No one here can say you where a hybird or if you where a buyer that gets a cut. Would need that runs rules you agreed to in order to do that. What was agreed is the most important factor as every single GDKP is run differently but the CORE element common to all is if they are worth going to all that info is public and seen in advance.

Without the rules we don’t know if you where entitled to a cut. For all we know there rules was only these 10 get a cut all others are pure buyers. Unless you provide the rules you have NOTHING to complain about here. As without the rules no one here can tell if anything you are complaining about is remotely valid.

If it was not that was on you to take a risk with a unknown and rather shady looking group.

well thats obviously not true

No his comment vary much is true.

As it means the runs he is talking about has rules that say that. His case means exactly nothing to THIS case thou. The rules of the run you where in is what matters. Which you have yet to post making all your complaints worthless till you do,

Well thats what I joined as. Lots of reports of this very thing happening. Too easy to scam people

Post the rules. Till you do nothing you say has any merit.