GDKP spam public service announcement

I don’t mind GDKPs at all, but one thing that was driving me absolutely bonkers tonight was people spamming their own GDKP run in trade chat as such I have created this one liner you can run to filter out any chat on chat frame 1 (the default frame) that mentions “gdkp” run this once and all mentions of GDKP will be dropped from chat until you reload your ui

/script a=ChatFrame1.AddMessage ChatFrame1.AddMessage=function(s,m,...) if string.find(string.lower(m),"gdkp") then return end return a(s,m,...) end

I hope you find this useful

Edit: So many commenters have missed the point here. I don’t care about arguing if you think GDKPs are sent from God or Satan. I have only one very specific concern which is is the volume of spam generated in trade chat. I honestly don’t mind GDKPs if you stick to advertising them in lfg, or even better your realm’s discord server.

8 Likes

The part that makes me annoyed is when one guy advertises with an ad that fully fills my chat box, then is immediately followed by three more because god forbid someone be outspammed.

2 Likes

Or the people who spam the same thing in /1 /2 and the local defense channel all at once

2 Likes

the worst part is that the runs are usually not even today… endless spam

1 Like

I hate when people post their spams in multiple channels at once.

Do you also get annoyed when people spam their guilds MS>OS run that is in a couple days? Or when people are trying to fill their SR pug?

extremely rare, but yes. don’t advertise your sun run on tuesday

also many are clearly using bot scripts to spam

1 Like

I sure do, guild posts in /2 and /4 at the same time zzzz

Nah, early planning is essential for success.

Honestly? Yes a little bit, this is all what the lfg channel is for.

But the real problem for me isn’t the subject of the spam it’s the volume and GDKPs just have a much higher volume of spam than ms>os

Thanks for the script. I’ll have to use it. Personally I wouldn’t be mad if the lot of them got perma banned.

2 Likes

Remember when LFG was so out of control with boosting spam in TBC, Blizzard went ahead and locked down most boosting avenues by fundamentally changing the game and let us report boosters using LFG to sell runs?

Ban GDKP’s.

1 Like

No reason to ban them.

so report them for using trade chat

No reason to change the game over level boosting, but we did. Let’s get rid of iLvl boosting since it’s the same problem. Same problems get same solutions.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Should ban guilds too then since they carry?

we get it, you sell gold calm down

There is nothing Ive said that indicates I sell gold.

ChatCleanerClassic

Setup your list of keywords, which channel it will monitor, done.

install an addon and set it up or copy and paste a string :stuck_out_tongue:

The best is “HM GDKP (anub prog)”

Great, hours of beating my head against a wall for a 2k payout and 200g repair bill