GDKP Runs are textbook sharp practice

I’m not mad… I’m just disappointed

Yea I figured that one actually and was trying to figure out the 18 slots, lol

The other bags cost gold.

Im cheap, how you think i got this gold?

Fair point lol

are you ok there chief ?

Only morons that are tech illiterate need an authenticator. Or people that want to post descriptions in LFG tool, but forget that. It doesn’t increase the main bag space on Wrath so it gives me no benefit other than being annoying since I have 2 accounts. 1Been playing literally since I was 14 and for almost 2 decades now. Never hacked once. This is a challenge announcement.

Tho I do agree it is weird they don’t have full 22 slotters. I only have 15k gold and my main is all 22 slotters even bank.

Easy tiger. That’s a whole lotta animosity directed at a basic security feature… Show me on the doll where the authenticator hurt you…

Are you sure? My bag is 20 slots and Drink’s seemed to be 16, which would seem to indicate it does.

I got hacked plenty back in the day. Which was the reason for the authenticator… And I’ve never been robbed but I still lock my doors when I leave the house…

I could never live with 18 slotters still.

Hol’ up. Now I am interested.

I’m just not a fan. It only makes it slightly harder. Just use an email with sms verification or has it’s own authenticator. It just annoys me when games try to force it on people, because some people just click on stuff willy nilly. I’d rather just make sure my one email is secure than have an authenticator for every game platform I play on. Even then it just makes it slightly harder not 100% safe. Cyber security education is the only way to prevent your system from being compromised. Also it touched me on the arms and lower back and my tummy. (Also just because you are tech illiterate doesn’t mean you can’t be smart about other things that’s why I chose the words “morons that are tech illiterate” didn’t expect you to pull out the George Forman and try to put my buttocks to it. Funny joke tho props.)

The threat of potential physical violence and death is not even remotely comparable to having your videogame account hacked, but I would also probably use the hyperbolic analogy to get the room temp water heads on my side.

Based.

1 Like

You may actually be right. I have bag addons that probably remove that green + and I never booted up wrath classic without my basic addons. Now I have to consider if the annoyance is worth 4 slots…it’s a tough call for me.

1 Like

If you have the + at the bottom of your backpack I’d try clicking on it, lol…

I have multple emails and tbh email authentication drives me crazy. I have to authenticate with my “game” email address, but to log into that I have to authenticate via my other more secure email, which depending on the computer Im on I then have to authenticate via my phone… So I’m at a 4 step process where an authenticator would require just one tap. It’s just a better system.

Lol, I’m not worried about the physical violence at all. I live in Texas… if I get robbed I HOPE I’m home. It’s the loss of property that is the most likely concern, just as it would be with cyber crime, which is why it’s analogous. :stuck_out_tongue:

The analogy just doesn’t sit right with me. I live in Texas too and have been sexually assault before I had a gun and just because that happened or is a possibility I don’t hate or avoid men because of it. Too me the analogy to the robber is too similar to that for me to accept it for the situation of having a game account hacked. Just difference of experience or perspective. I am willing to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I just have work email and personal. I use a digital service for temp emails for anything that seems sketchy or to avoid somewhere from spamming my other two emails with junk mail.

Fair enough.

What service? Sounds interesting

doesnt change how the ‘community’ works. Good players will continue to play with each other and refuse to join ms/os. Maybe gdkp causes more botting but that’s about it. Back in original wrath ppl literally swipe on 3rd party website to purchase items directly and RL used that $ to buy gold and distribute to core raiders (aka carries)

I can write a wall of text explaining why gatekeeping happens and how hardcore/good players hate casuals/noobs but this topic is about gdkp so

GDKP pug groups are more like guilds than MS>OS, HR and SR pugs. Youre mostly raiding with the same people you did last week on the same day of the week at the same time.

It really doesnt matter to me if the anti gdkpers think its detrimental to the community or not. I am having fun and everyone whos in those groups seem to be having fun too.

1 Like

There are a couple. See if Temp Mail suits your needs. If you are doing some really weird stuff use a VM to protect your pc.

Okay this has got my interest.

Why is 2FA only for tech illiterate morons?

Did you not read my replies to the other guy or do you need me to clarify further?

Clarify further I’m hella stupid.

Dumb it down as if you’re talking to someone who can’t read and use small words please.

I’ve skimmed them, I don’t see how securing an account with 2FA is a bad thing. In the event activision decide to allow bnet credentials to be compromised then the 2FA will still protect you. In the event that you’re phished the 2FA will protect you. In the event you accidentally reuse compromised passwords the 2FA will protect you.

IT professionals still fall for phishing and password reuse attacks, we’re all human. Adding 2FA layers based on conditional access is always a good thing. My authenticator only prompts me for new sessions, it’s barely noticeable.

I think recommending temp/disposable emails for multiple services (that will also require fairly strict password manager usage if you’re not using another 3rd party service) is far more unreasonable and disruptive than just using 2FA for those services.

Can you show where the inflation happens ?

I mean i´ve never seen any inflation on my server on anything. Literally everything gets CHEAPER, not more expensive.

Flasks, Pots, Foods, Spices, Enchanting mats, Belt buckles, Spellthreads/Leatherkits, BOE´s from raids, Itemprices in GDKP, Gems…
whatever it is, everything gets lower in price each week, or sits at rock bottom, close or even below vendor profit line.
That is because inflation is not happening just beause the total amount of Gold increases, that is not how inflation works in wow, since wow gold does not come with inherent inflation inducing aspects.

Theres an actual deflation happening. Everything you can buy with gold has become cheaper over the course of classic either in absolute numbers (like flasks), or in relation to income / Value equation of Gold.

Wow is an economic system that allows for players to be saturated, in a way that would never work in real life.

The example you bring up, how hard it is for you to craft items for profit clearly shows that. If inflation would be happening, you as part of the production force should be on the profitting side.

:fire: love it couldn’t have said it better myself

1 Like