GDKP Problem

So basically I know there has been a million threads about this but i was chatting with a few friends On Benediction and was basically told the only way to gear is to buy it in gdkps because guilds wont even recruit you because you don’t have good enough gear. Cool w/e I know doing quests/daileys I can farm up a few thousand gold in a week or so to get into one of these GDKPs i hadnt been in one since early tbc and 2k would get you a piece or so and you would make about half your gold back. So I try to get into a Kara gdkp and btw i mostly have prebis or better gear at this point. I had a few friends kick me some gold so i could buy some BOE’s and they got me the polearm from sunwell trash. And i was denied because I only had a 3k budget. So i asked the leader who was really nice and informative about how things worked about how much would i need to join and he said he was looking a pure buyer with at least 5-8k to spend. Oh cool i thought i could farm that up by next week easy and make about half back with the cut then if i can get 4-5 pieces plus some heroics plus some badge gear i could get into ssc/tk pugs. and then he told me the news. PURE BUYERS DONT GET A CUT and thats how it works on the server…instant depression sets in like how in the world am i supposed to farm up 5-8k a week to gear my character to get geared enough to play with a guild along with working a full time job and being a dad along with other real life responsibilities. then the guy sends me discord info and says message him on discord. so i message him and this guy tells me that buying gold is the ONLY way to make it on this server. he tells me that the t5/t6 gdkp raids are so full of gold buyers that you cannot be a new character and keep up. Now im not trying to push Sunwell progression or anything with wrath around the corner but id like to find a decent guild before wrath comes out but either i buy gold or its not going to happen. Banning GDKPS/Gold Boosting at this point is the ONLY solution to keep the PILLARS OF THE CLASSIC COMMUNITY that they keep bringing up. Im sure they wont but just my opinion maybe someone will see this specific example and it will get some heads turning

15 Likes

Not reading that.

9 Likes

GDKP is the pillar of the Warcraft community.

1 Like

You might want to consider just not gearing up right now and looking for a guild that’s recruiting for Wrath. I know my guild is looking to recruit even undergeared right now people for Wrath. There has to be a lot of guilds on your server with the same mindset.

That or maybe keep looking for GDKPs, a few people on here claim that even pure buyers on Benediction can get a cut as long as they aren’t AFK so there might be other options. That 5k requirement for Kara seems pretty crazy to me. It sounds like you’re open to GDKPs just that you aren’t open to having to get 8k to do them where you have difficulties getting that back.

I’m not sure if you’re looking for advice or if you just want to complain but those are my suggestions.

He is basically saying that his friends told him he needs to do GDKPs to gear up, so he tried to get into a GDKP. However, the one he tried to get into was a Kara GDKP looking for a pure buyer with a 5-8K budget, and now he thinks that the only way anyone can gear up is as a pure buyer with a ton of gold.

2 Likes

“shut up and pay me” does seem to be the general trend for both the “community” and of blizzard lately, for sure.

When every interaction with players becomes entirely transactional, it’s not really hard to see why there’s been a sharp population decline and exodus towards other games.

7 Likes

This was one of my fears when classic was announced. I asked this in Allcrafted and no one batted an Eye about GDKP possibly becoming a thing that could ruin every aspect of the game, same with spell cleaving dungeon raid spamming. It’s clear as day the classic community didn’t realize that since they Perfected the game, that people would do something to gain profit out of it.

Oh wait, they did, what a shocker.

5 Likes

Again, as I have responded to dozens of these. Your entitlement is the problem, not the GDKP’s. Gold buying is a problem, botting is a problem. These are the issue’s that need to be addressed and not GDKP’s.

The people organizing and running the GDKP’s are typically from the “better” guilds on the servers. They were NEVER going to play with you without a profit incentive. Or they are gold sellers and they should be banned. If you remove the GDKP’s they will just stop playing all together until the next raid tier and not run with you anyways. Then you will be here complaining there are no guilds recruiting.

GDKP’s have existed since vanilla, so they are PILLARS OF THE CLASSIC COMMUNITY. Whatever that means. I heard them more commonly referred to as “gold buy runs” back then.

For getting into a guild it depends on your expectations. If you are in quest greens or dungeon blues. Is it a realistic expectation to join a Sunwell 6/6 guild. No it is not.
Is it a reasonable expectation to join a 11/11 BT / Hyjal guild. No it is not. The people who got this gear “legitimately” outside of GDKP’s have been raiding for 30-40 weeks. You want to skip 30-40 weeks of progression to soak gear in their runs. That is unreasonable. If you want to skip 30-40 weeks of progression join a gdkp and pay gold.

There are SR Kara’s/Gruuls/Magtheridon going on all the time on Benediction, As long as you are full pre raid bis you will generally get invited to all of the above. Especially gruuls / mag’s as they are mostly just trying to fill 25 people.
Full clears of SSC/TK are more rare but still not impossible to find and there are several every week.

The only time none of this is true, is if you are a rogue. Then it doesn’t matter, you’re out of luck because rogues suck until they are full T6.

If you are full T4 bis, you will generally be invited to SSC / TK

If you are full bis T5 you can generally get invited to do T6. In SR’s that go on every day of the week.

Progress your gear like literally everyone else did who is geared out of GDKP’s. But you don’t want to do that, you want your T6 now for wrath even though you haven’t “earned” it the same way everyone else did.

3 Likes

No one is denying that GDKP wasn’t a thing in vanilla, it wasn’t this abundant. That is the underlying issue. It drowns out EVERYTHING in LFG, as well as Boosters selling runs.

8 Likes

I don’t think anyone in any GDKP has ever said that.

Are you the kind of person that goes out and tell people to shut up and pay you?

That is on you.

I think my problem is less with the GKDP and more with the RMT going on. People paying 100’s of thousands of gold for items. I get that a lot of the people buying these items have gotten the gold through gdkps but a lot of that gold they are getting is from people buying gold originally. And No banning Gdkps/Gold boosting wont stop gold buying but it will stop a lot of it and it will bring a big sense of community back into the classic community which is what they keep preaching. if they arent going to do that then they might as well just bring in the RDF.

2 Likes

Do you have any problem with RMT that takes place within the auction house?

The worst mistake you can make is not getting pre-raid BIS asap in Wrath so you can get in GDKPs on the ground floor and ride the wave until the end of the expac.

4 Likes

Get on the Benediction GDKP discord.

Thats where the real gdkps are, dont look in trade chat.

3 Likes

Yeah RMT in general isnt good

2 Likes

Hahahahahahaha!

Comical.

2 Likes

There you are wrong they have in the new vanilla but not the old one .

But people seem to be much less concerned with RMT in the auction house.
I mean, the gold is bought, people spend millions in the AH, no one says anything about it.

People pay real money directly to TOP guilds (SALAD BAKERS for example is very well known for it) receive real money directly and people just join their runs and get the gear. No gold transaction. Not even GDKP.

The real deal is: people can’t stand GDKP because it kills the idea of people being selfless and spending hours in a dungeon for something that will bring them no good only because some people still have loot on that. “the spirit of accomplishment” BS that they try to sell.

Reality is: GDKP is the superior loot system, where everyone gets to a share of t he spoils, either being gold or gear.

What is it comical? Does it seem far-fetched to you that people who play in GDKP are human beings or do you also live in that self-created reality that you’re ok to dehumanize players on GDKPs just because it satisfies your weak ego?

1 Like

Well, considering the fact I played in a guild in vanilla that ran gold buy runs as it’s primary loot distribution method, I would have to say you’re wrong.