GDKP - Is it still allowed?

They haven’t actually banned them, or at least all of them from what I have seen and heard. Plus they just have multiple accounts and do it on several servers.

Yes, instead of banning every single one until they came out with a new hack that bypasses the current version of Warden, they put the instance limit in.

Which doesn’t actually hurt bots that much, which is well known. The thing we’re focusing on is, “exploitative” gameplay - which isn’t necessarily cheating or hacking, but the thought is that it’s legitimate players who farm instances a lot.

Like you said, speculation.

All I know is there was a blue post about “Hey, see a lot of complaints about bots…please right-click report them” And the overwhelming response to that thread was “But you cannot right-click report bots inside instances.” And then not too-long after that, a hot fix goes out to target specifically instances.

The way I read the situation is that Blizz was trying to respond to the feedback that players could not right-click report bots in instances.

If you think this change was directed at them, sure. But it was directed at both botters and, “exploitative gameplay”… which was never elaborated on and players can only speculate.

Players who know anything about the bot problem understand that this won’t really hurt bots, but hurts players.

You can do a lot more than 66g/hour.

Some sell mara boosts for 10g/head x 4 x ~4-5/hour. That’s 150-200g/hour, not counting the drops.

Do that for a few weeks or months and rake in the dough (for the record I think this is stupid and don’t do it, but it is what it is, you can get rich on a mage in classic because improved blizzard is a broken talent).

It does cut into the botter’s bottom-line. By how much, who knows.

The point being though is you don’t limit legitimate play-styles to stop illegitimate things. It doesn’t matter WHAT “exploitative gameplay” is…what ever it is, Blizz considers it illegitimate. And to combat it, they put a restriction on legitimate game-play (pummeler farming etc.)

You don’t stop gold selling by attacking GDKP. That is the point i was trying to make.

I do believe he’s talking about farming raw gold. As in, adding brand-new gold into the economy. Doing boosts, while making you gold personally, does not add any new gold into the economy, just makes existing gold change hands.

It’s not the change players wanted. It’s the lazy, easy to implement change with minimal impact for minimal effort.

I mean I’m not arguing for the change, I actually personally don’t like it at all. Just that it wasn’t directed solely towards bots. We still don’t know what Blizzard meant by, “exploitative” gameplay.

Totally agree.

1 Like

You’re turning this into the 3000th instance limit thread when we don’t really need another. I was just citing it as an example as how to not fix a problem.

The question a lot of players have is if GDKP is fully legitimate or not.

Yes, yes it is. It is simply another form of loot-distribution…nothing else. Its no different than assigning players fake points that they then spend on gear.

Does it drive demand for RMT’ing gold? Absolutely. Do you combat that by breaking GKDP? No, you stop the bots/people buying gold.

2 Likes

I mean I fully agree that Blizzard shouldn’t implement a lazy solution, and instead put resources into the game to stop it flat without removing a form of PuG raid that has worked for years.

But literally no one is questioning if GDKP is legitimate or not. Perhaps those who don’t fully know what it is or don’t understand how it works. All they know is gold is involved so it must be shady.

But no, its just a form of loot-distribution.

1 Like

A lot of people are questioning if GDKP is legitimate or not. A number of people believe it’s run by Chinese gold sellers.

Then they don’t know how it works. As long as the gold-in equals the gold-out like it should everything is fine. And any group where shady things are afoot don’t stay around long.

Saying a loot distribution system is not legitimate simply doesn’t make any sense.

GDKP got big in WOTLK because that’s when pugging raids became big and it was the best system around. /roll is completely idiotic. The best systems are the ones that remove randomness from the equation and benefit the most players. Which is what GDKP did. IDGAF about the gold seller narrative. The system on it’s own is amazing for pugs. Why? Because NOBODY loses in a GDKP run.

1 Like

I had to buy a Death Bringer’s Will in WotLK so I could PvP. I was not going to get one any other way.

Here is a fun fact blizzard won’t share with you but it’s true. If you join a GDKP run and somebody ELSE has purchased gold that they use in there to buy an item, and at the end you receive a large portion of that gold…you can, and will be banned for it when they themselves get caught for buying gold. It’s stupid and unfair, but that’s how it works.