GDKP in Season of Discovery

However, we’ve been concerned that GDKP erodes traditional guild and social structures that are in many cases the basis of our most fond memories of early versions of World of Warcraft.

This should be reason enough to kill GDKP accross wow and to make Boosting for gold in the same basket.

I have been playing since vanilla. Nothing has eroded the game, its social structure (the guild) and the memories attached and all sense of achievements than boosting and gold dkp.

I hope that coming out of this that you, blizzard, ban GDKP and Boosting for gold from the game.

6 Likes

Do you have any more to add other than saying p2w kiddos? Or is this when I start ignoring your trolling?

1 Like

Lets just ban gold from the game, problem solved.

Now hosting a pbdkp run, no host cut. Bids start at 5 peacebloom and epics are 25 peaceblooms. Looking for herbalists only, need buyers.

4 Likes

Does P2W kiddos bother you so much? Sorry that is what legit players call the gold buyers. You made a statement you couldn’t back up, that’s on you shrugs

Please do!

Seems like the ban on GDKP is working as intended even before the policy goes live!

GDKP is awful for the game. inflation via Gold buying via RMT has a negative impact across all versions of the game. The money is being laundered through GDKP runs and boosting communities/guilds.

There’s a reason why retail has so many people with the Mythic Fyrakk mount in the last 2 weeks. The folks that have never cleared a heroic, but suddenly have a Mythic raid final boss mounts makes it quite evident.

I have similar feelings about the wow token, but that’s a different topic of discussion since Blizzard not only endorses it, but created it. It should have never been a thing, but corporations’ gonna be corporate in the chase of infinite and unsustainable growth.

6 Likes

“Please note that we have multiple detection methods for GDKP that are effective both inside and outside of dungeon or raid instances.” -Kaivax

So you’ve just admitted that you have the capabilities to ban RMT and bots but choose to go after GDKP instead. By catering to the vocal minority, we will just have retail 2.0. Every complaint with gdkp was screeched with pure ignorance. Especially since you don’t plan on solving the real issue; any complaint about gdkp is unfounded. If anything gdkp levels the playing field. You can fully make gold doing gdkp without ever buying gold. There is a reason why gdkp becomes the default way of loot distribution; it is because it draws in better players who get rewarded to play with players they wouldn’t normally play with because they aren’t good enough. Banning GDKP doesnt help the casual thats crying on the forums. When will you learn that its only the vocal minority grey parsing dregs that post and complain about things that don’t affect them. These “greys” can easily just continue to ms>os and play in a guild. They arent forced to GDKP. Gold making opportunities are everywhere so why even complain? Its the bots ruining the economy not GDKPs.

9 Likes

Hope all the P2W folks leave, the game will be better off for it.

8 Likes

Can you goofies stop with the “if you don’t like them dont do them” it screws the entire server. Try raiding on a fresh 60 in era and have that same stance

4 Likes

No one would notice you gone. Gdkp’rs don’t socialize anyway.

7 Likes

I dont p2w and i only GDKP. If youre a broke boy just say so

Nicely put, i echo these statements

Or…and bear with me on this…they go after both.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! Another just made level 10 character with 1 post defending GDKPs. Definitely not just another alt.

7 Likes

I’m so tired of players who don’t even play the game getting to dictate how to play the game.

3 Likes

“LF buyer 7/7 BFD run” very social and not transactional at all /S

4 Likes

Thank you!!!

If it wasn’t for GDKP I wouldn’t have Thunderfury.
If it wasn’t for GDKP I wouldn’t have lead so many MC/BWL/AQ40 pugs.
You are singlehandedly cutting off the head of the PUG raiding scene to appease people who don’t even play the $%#^&*^ game.
SR and MS>OS runs don’t clear AQ40 in 45 minutes. They don’t encourage people to perform their best. They don’t get people to bring consumes and use WBs.
Every time I think Blizzard couldn’t make another game-ruining decision you continue to surprise me.

4 Likes

wo wow wooo dont tell them that there r legit players GDKP, they must believe they r all gold buyers that spent 500g per piece set.

they are delulu, but u r right. we won’t be heard and will be called gold buyers :stuck_out_tongue:

Says every gold buyer.

5 Likes

“I don’t rob banks, so they clearly don’t need guards or a vault.”

4 Likes

Every gold buyer is in this same spot.

It will be better, not worse.

Maybe, maybe not but guild runs do.

4 Likes