GDKP in Season of Discovery

and those friends of yours will likely get banned as a result.

it has already been stated that GDKP was banned so that Blizzard would be better able to track illicitly-gained gold. There have been many bans since then because of this said better tracking.

They could decide that their predicted amount of people coming back wouldn’t be worth the PR nightmare that would come with admitting they were wrong.

You’re asking a lot of questions that I have said several times I recognize that gold buying still happens. There’s virtually no way to fully remove it from the game without some grossly intrusive means.

Again, the ban helps to limit the reasons to buy gold. If you take the major reasons for doing so, the need for it decreases. There will always be John Doe #182376 who wants to swipe their card, collect their gold, buy their raid consumes/mats/epics/etc, and log off for the week.

1 Like

Blizzard in the past has admitted several times to being wrong. They even posted a huge thing about learning that they need to listen to player feedback instead of ignoring it. What a silly statement. They are human too, it’s okay to be wrong.

World of Warcraft - an MMO where they police how players distribute loot in dungeons and raids because the game is infested with RMT and Bots.

It’s already a PR nightmare.

im glad gdkps are gone. buying gold for a video game is kinda sad.

And like I have said that’s where you’re wrong the major reason to buy gold still exists.

Great question.

100% true :joy:

Yes, they need to listen to 5 years of classic wow telling them that GDKP is the vastly more popular method of raiding.

1 Like

The scale in the amount of gold needed is far different. You’re deliberately being obtuse here.

Raid mats cost ~10-40g
Enchants ~100g
Items in raid ~2,000-30,000g

You see how one is incredibly higher than the other. While SoD might not yet reach these levels of gold, WOTLK has been like this for months now. It’s a bad faith argument to say that GDKP isn’t the extreme outlier here.

1 Like

bro why do you keep going on about this. they arent bringing it back. go play era or something.

3 Likes

You’re trolling.

Literally the most disingenuous thing I have ever read

Sod items for 2k-30k lmfao.

1 Like

Why is it always ‘the most’? Everything is the extreme this or the extreme that. The world is ending, ohh no the game failing!

It’s a friggin video game. It is not that important.

The world is not ending, SoD will finish and be fine, Cata will start and be fine, Wow will continue and be fine. Blizz is making their decisions, it is fine.

Further, there are any number of other game versions where GDKP can happen. How is this a thing of any consequence at all?

1 Like

Consumables are that cheap relative to GDKP prices? Where’s the inflation?

1337’th post in thread long dead let’s gooo salt farners.

Now would be a great time to bring them back, the 30 day trade ban was probably the best move for combatting RMT. The GDKP ban is kind of useless now.

All he did was prove how bad sod is.

It cost more to raid in sod then it does wotlk lmfao.

But don’t worry the majority of gold buying is gone…cope

Hilarious numbers to throw out to use for a SoD example while accusing others of bad faith.

Yes of course, their gold buying account will get banned but who cares? They’ve already transferred the gold elsewhere and bought the decks. I know a guy whose third account he uses to buy gold has been banned 5 times, two weeks each time. There are no real consequences for buying gold, that’s the problem. You give them a 1 month or 1.5 month ban, people will reconsider.

However, the people that use a second or third account it might not even make a difference then.