GDKP in Season of Discovery

Wonderful decision from the devs, especially considering those involved might have their account perma’d. Hopefully they branch this out to all iterations of WoW with time. I do hope this causes some of the RMT degenerates to unsub.

6 Likes

Not on my RP server it wasn’t. It was very laid back and fun.

Thank you Blizz!

1 Like

Go play era then if you want to gdkp. Oh wait era sucks because of it.

8 Likes

Much better than allowing GDKP/P2W to run rampant and try nohing.

Says every gold buyer.

The devaluation of illicit gold is easily confirmed through a quick search. I realize it doesn’t fit your narrative but its proof that GDKP = P2W/RMT. There are other games that you swipe and win, perhaps try one of those. Cheers!

6 Likes

Terrible decision. You don’t want to commit the resources to address RMT and enforce your own TOS, so you punish everyone for it.

4 Likes

The gold buyers are in shambles and I love it.

10 Likes

Me when I’m projecting.

Go read the patch notes, then keep an eye out for this line of text.

“To account for the potential to create longer queues with this updated matching system, the system will ignore these rules after a period of time should we start seeing these queues impacted.”

They completely nullify all their claims of bringing a solution to the problem with that one line.

There’s no hope for this dude, he’s fixated to think we all buy gold. Whoever is replying to this clown, just move on.

1 Like

Mega L change blizzard.

1 Like

Only idjits that never did gdkp think that it’s all about buying gold. Blizz is going to lose more than 1/2 of it’s player base.

Pot and kettle and such.

Seems like most do since illicit gold prices have tanked since this announcement, but keep on gaslighting.

LOL! Care to make a wager on this? This seems to be the most popular thing Blizz has done in a long time.

3 Likes

This one wins, this is the biggest clown on the forums.

5 Likes

Neat. So… more “item x is reserved” runs. More ninja looting. More guilds using pugs as a resource and stealing loot from them. I dont always partake in gdkps but the ones i have run ive never felt cheated. I get something for my time. More than 50% of the raids that are run with a different loot system have involved guilds conspiring for loot, outright ninjaing, or loot going to obviously wrong specs or classes cuz its “fair”. Thats not to mention the other hundred raids lead by some half wit who has to reserve an item or they wont raid, which i have to constantly filter through in the lfg spam.

Cant wait to see this blow up in peoples faces.

If yOu DoNt LiKe tHe LoOt sYStEm DonT jOin tHe RaId.

Also, if you guys can track traded gold like you say you can, why are you not punishing all of the gold buyers and sellers currently? If you can track down gold trades at an individual level to combat a gdkp worth of gold trades, how the hell can you not identify gold sellers and buyers?

Either this is an empty threat against folks who enjoy a certain kind of raid, or you cant give up that sweet sweet sub money. Its a cop out, be better.

7 Likes

You have anything to back this up or just more nonsense from the P2W kiddos?

4 Likes

I do SR in my guild runs, its easier and faster to gear up that way. And you need less luck.

Dont ban GDKP tho, I love to farm gold from AH and this will impact the AH, money circulation, value of gold, and most importantly, it will push a part of the community outside.

this is not the way msftblizz

2 Likes

It’s so rare that Blizzard surprises me in a good way. I’m shocked they’re actually doing something to discourage buying gold. Usually they just fold to the whales.

Well done.

11 Likes

No, they aren’t. Gdkp’s, specially end game ones, are monopolized by top guilds, which promotes elitism.

Average players and average guilds, like in ERA, start to feel the pressure to be carried by no lifers, because that become the path of least resistance.

End game gdkp’s = swift your card, join one and just wait at the raid entrance, for your turn to bid.

Gdkp’s also promote game sectarism, where no lifers, top guilds, carry whales and hoard huge ammounts of gold, through it, that are often used to monopolize the ah, specially in the beginning of new phases/xpacs.

6 Likes

While you’re at it ban gear score and parse requirement.

3 Likes