GDKP in Season of Discovery

Yeah that person is really clueless and represent your typical GDKP hater, they all think we’re cheaters, that’s how ignorant they are.

4 Likes

Indirectly yeah, that’s why you ban gold buyers, it’s the source of the problem afterall.

GDKP won’t die if there’s no more gold buyers, that’s what you haters don’t understand. GDKP are scalable, they scale with the economy, with supply and demand.

3 Likes

Blizzard: “We believe GDKP erodes the tradition guild/raid structure and social nature of the game.”

Also Blizzard: Classic WotLK gets RDF, Cata will have LFR.

Tell me more about your concerns about the social aspect of the game.

That’s also Feb 8 lol. They listened

Prisoner’s dilemma is solved by repeated iterations. Just don’t pug.

Lfr came out in cata. And normal raids too hard to pug there. Fits.

Yawn

Yes, because its true as evidenced by the devaluation of illicit gold overnight. You don’t have to know you are wrong to be wrong. Carry on.

3 Likes

if only people had the culture of kicking and reporting RMTers from gdkps we wouldn’t be having this debate… but the vast majority welcomed the inflated gold pot

3 Likes

Mega L take. Looking forward to backtracking the decision after seeing how many players quit.

Fastest way to kill sod lol.

3 Likes

SR are mostly pugs tho, no guilds does SR AFAIK.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This will not kill gold selling nor will it stop boosted runs or anything. This is doing nothing but stopping actual game participation by people who are just good at earning gold

Again, no argument but assumptions and made up stats, very cool.

4 Likes

Great change! Make people actually have to play the game to get their gear and not pay for power.

5 Likes

It temporarily holds off the whining which is what Blizzard wants - a PR win. Even if it doesn’t change that much in regard to RMT.

LFR killed the social aspect of raiding for anyone who wasn’t sweaty. Normal raids were NOT hard in Cata, MoP, WoD, or Legion, but, just like with RDF, why would you bother attempting to form a group and play with people when you can just click a button and treat the rest of your raid like disposable garbage?

1 Like

The only issue with this is the ‘damage’ may have already been done and the data obtained may be skewed.

Raiding in cata, was super sweaty, you beat normal nef or chogal at launch? Jesus the sweat.

1 Like

I second this. The MS>OS experience is terrible.

GDKPs provide:

1. INCREASED RAIDER POOL SIZE: Incentive to raid when you no longer need gear as you’ll get some gold for your efforts. This in turn increases the player pool of people continuing to raid all phase long. Having well geared players for the entire phase available for raiding is a good thing to keep runs smooth.

2. BETTER LOOT DISTRIBUTION, in MS/OS if someone can equip an item they will likely roll. That same person probably wouldnt bid very much gold on an item that isnt best in slot and is just a side grade. Imagine a rogue winning a bow over a hunter in an MS/OS, in a gdkp that rogue would likely be less willing to spend more than the hunter on a ranged weapon.

3. YOU NEVER WALK AWAY EMPTY HANDED. Gold or gear. This feels a lot better then walking away empty handed from an MS/OS after you’ve lost the roll on several items.

4. HIGHER QUALITY RAIDS in GDKPs based on my experience. I think this is a result in motivated players trying to get their BiS understanding how difficult that is to do in MS/OS when you are rolling tons of people for every drop.

There is no doubt GDKPs contribute to gold buying, however, gold buying isnt going anywhere. How about the upcoming 1,000 gold epic mount? The same person who buys gold for GDKPs is going to buy the gold for their epic mount. This will maintain a demand for gold sellers to continue their efforts.

Stopping GDKPs is a band aid on the gold selling problem and in doing so it will compromise a successful raid genre and player base.

Lastly, I raid on my main with a guild using loot council and raid on all of my alts via GDKPs which feels like a good balance. I try to avoid MS/OS PUG runs as i’ve found them to be far inferior quality and other players too greedy with anything they can equip.

7 Likes

It probably won’t kill SoD for the time being as lvl 25 is really not that important, at level 60 tho…a lot of people don’t want to return to Loot Council or do SoftReserve runs. We will see how it goes, dev are listening to feedback.

1 Like

Does this include carries for gold too? Because the next logical step will be people selling carries of raids for gold.

2 Likes