GDKP in Season of Discovery

No it didn’t.

But theoretically anyone who quits because they can’t get their gold cut from Swipers in GDKPs was playing for the wrong reasons anyway.

Nope. Our GDKP was within guild only. We started with bidding silver or 1g at a time and had a blast in phase 1.

1 Like

I don’t understand where this obsession with gold comes from. We’re a mature group of adults who didn’t want to be told how we can or can’t distribute the loot we earned, and so some of us quit. While you formulate your theories, some of us care more about the principle.

Unfortunately, mature adults would police the illicit activity taking place in the raid if it wasnt about gold. Instead, every GDKP intentionally solicited illicit gold buying players aka WHALES to fatten pots. We know this as factual bc the lead developer indicated that GDKPs and illicit gold buying are inseparable. This is GDKPers own fault. GDKPers did not try to stop illicit gold from being the focal point of their raiding style so now GDKP’s are banned. And good riddance. They are cancer anywhere they exist.

1 Like

Incredibly fried response ngl

Still no acknowledgement of the failed draconian policy. Blizz just going to pretend it is working, despite the overwhelming evidence it isnt? Nice experiment, you should understand what that word means before using it.

#BringItBack :expressionless:

2 Likes

No.

/10char

GDKP is against TOS, so people stopped doing GDKP. Sounds like the policy is a success to me.

2 Likes

the policy of banning GDKP did not accomplish what it set out to do, which was stop RMT/botting. :expressionless: now you will respond with some cope about how “yeah but maybe the bots decreased by 1% (no proof of course) so therefore success”.

the facts are exactly how i have listed them. my source is the lead developers information provided in this very thread. the fact that the problems with GDKP are that simple to explain makes it all the more incredible that the pro-gdkp community has not come to terms with the problems they created for the wow community and how they brought the ban on them selves.

1 Like

You’re getting baited. That guy is just a troll.

the GDKP has had a large and dramatic impact on decreasing RMT and botting. The infantile idea that the problem has not been 100% effective is the mentality of someone who wants to benefit financially from GDKPs.

2 Likes

To be completely honest this IS why I am mad.

They did literally NOTHING to stop gold buying/selling. So why shouldn’t people be upset that they cannot get a % of that credit card swipe.

1 Like

Straw-man detected.

citation needed :expressionless:
i see just as many bots as before, if not more

Not to mention that GDKP goes against the spirit of Classic, regardless of the RMT angle.

1 Like

I don’t want a spirit in my video game. What is this pretentious idea? This isn’t competitive sports.

Does the nanny state continue into p3?

Oh, except in taiwan, no nanny state there :roll_eyes:

1 Like