GDKP in Season of Discovery

what Gokuoneshot meant to say is:

blizzard should implement tools that effectively monitor and enforce their ban on gold buying/selling/botting.

If blizzard would improve their gold buying/botting/selling monitoring and enforcement, then you would see less people falsely banned for botting.

i remember watching a stream of Amphy where he (ON STREAM) levelled a new hardcore hunter because his previous one died.

I believe amphy played for like 32 hours straight - then what happened to him? His gameplay triggered some sort of botting enforcement mechanism and his account was PERMANENTLY CLOSED. He received a permanent ban for simply playing the game 32 hours straight - luckily he knows people who have contacts with blizzard such as Ziqo who reviewed the ban and overturned it.

imagine if Amphy was just a regular WoW player, not a streamer - he might not even have gotten an overturn on his ban.

1 Like

blizzard should give a 2 week suspension for anyone who is still campaigning for GDKP in SoD and flag their account for an in depth investigation for RMT violations.

3 Likes

*vocal minority :expressionless:

1 Like

well the blue post did say:

blizzard wants to hear our feedback.

3 Likes

thats why i am letting them know what should be done.

but your request goes directly against the statements of the blue post while mine uphold it.

2 Likes

well we’re letting them know what should be done with GDKPs :expressionless:

Blizzard should ban anyone asking for other people to be banned for having different opinions.

2 Likes

the more i listen to the GDKP community, I think there should be a GDKP server for SoD. Self contained. No transferring off. BGs only against other GDKP’ers. The alleged legions of GDKP’ers can have their paradise. No reason they cant be happy and the non GDKP’ers too.

1 Like

that would be perfectly fine and A LOT more reasonable than a full stop ban of GDKPs.

the GDKP servers would thrive and be extremely populated, would be great.

I agree, the anti-GDKP crowd are just a bunch of parrots spouting the same incorrect talking point from their favorite streamer over and over. It would be awesome to not play with that horde of spergs.

2 Likes

they won’t do that because they know the non-GDKP servers would be as dead as a doornail lol :expressionless:

3 Likes

That’s really what it was designed for in OG, you must farm something to earn gold.
That’s why I support the decision to ban GDKP in SoD, but I don’t think they will restrict GDKP in all other versions

Sounds like a wonderful idea. They’ve been asking for it, too. I suggested naming the server Pod for all the Whales it’ll attract.

oh suddenly what it was designed for in OG is important? i thought we were throwing everything classic out the window :expressionless:

you know what else in OG was important? WoW being a sandbox game, where players did what they wanted, and the devs didn’t dictate behavior.

man you are a sad person lmfao

1 Like

pod would be a great name, i’d really enjoy it. thanks for the suggestion, friend :slight_smile:

1 Like

No one ever said this. People were literally hooking up with green geared freshly boosted characters at stormwind fountain getting them to flash their tens of thousands of gold. No one was showing up to runs without buyers. And buyers were unanimously boosted characters who clearly bought gold. There was a massive cultural acceptance on Whitemane about buying gold and selling gold. People openly spoke of it in voice chats if you knew them 2 minutes. Quite simply, no one is turning upto a GDKP for a 100g payout. They want the thousands of gold. And the only way they’re getting those huge payouts is by inviting ‘pure buyers’ (gold buyers). Blizzard has already said the ban on GDKP has made it significantly easier to track down gold buyers because they no longer have this blanket excuse that they just boosted a raid or something.

2 Likes

I ran GDKP aswell, in WOTLK-C mostly. I don’t have any issue with GDKPs itself, and i think it’s good loot system we have in WoW.
But it didn’t mean that I can’t play without GDKPs, and as the dev said, a fresh version without GDKP 's a worth looking experiment. Let’s see what it 'll be.

Blizz can’t even roll out this draconian policy across all realms. The people in here coping that “this is fine” is ridiculous.

It obviously means they are reconsidering the “experiment” because it completely backfired and they had to pull the plug on rolling it out to TW.

“Cultural differences” LMAO, GDKP is a community-born and beloved loot system. You are grasping. If the GDKP culture as not wanted then it wouldn’t be completely dominating every form of classic wow.

2 Likes