GDKP in Season of Discovery

We shall see.

1 Like

This is the most entitled take I’ve ever seen on the forums. Welcome to how WoW is supposed to be played. If you don’t like it, then I suggest you find another game to play, preferably a single player game.

BOEs are meant to be sold. BOPs are not.

GG SoD won’t take long now

U find me a raid wheneve i got time to play without GDKP. F U, i quit.

I really did enjoy the flexibility of GDKP runs offered as I work un predictable hours…. With these runs I know that I would never leave a raid empty handed and at some point I’ll be able to attain all my gear over time as no matter what run I would join, I would carry my progression from the week before into the next run (gold earnings to bid) regardless of what group I joined… where as with pugs you end up with new people every week always rolling on everything this it makes it very challenging to even gear up…

All these people against it act as if bidding 1-5gold on most items create a ton of inflation…hell you can do about 20 quests at max level and have over 20g right there and get most your bis

They also act like They are anti RMT when they arnt…they are only going after GDKP when there are so many other outlets for people to still RMT… they chose to overlook the root problem and attack one partial symptom of many (a lot of GDKP players do not even swipe)

Hell… for some people the gdkp runs ARE their main source of income to buy consumes and other stuff… and with that gone more people will feel the need to RMT for their consumes/mount/progressions etc

A massive portion of the player base have now been alienated all because people wanted to go after a few RMT people pretending everyone does it with zero actual evidence…. Not to mention they are not advocating for the ban of every other gold outlet that people WILL RMT for rather than leaving people alone to run their GDKPs and simply advocating a ban on RMT

2 Likes

bans GDKP so no one has gold and can’t afford wow tokens so they have to pay money for sub. all about that cash for blizzard. GG

Can we please get est time pvp server. I’d like to be able to find guilds that actually start stuff earlier in the evening on the east coast. I’m sure the west coast needs this aw well.

these anti GDKP people seem to not also take into account that people have limited time to play and relied on income from the GDKP runs to fuel their mains consumables and other needs… now they will feel the need to RMT and buy this gold thats getting cheaper and cheaper… we will prob see way crazy inflation coming… all so they can punish a bunch of innocent people because of the few that will continue to RMT regardless for their other in game wants/needs lol

1 Like

what makes you think you cant accumulate gold in game by farming/selling on AH/ max level quests ect? most pieces of gear in a GDKP run goes to 1-5 gold… thats 2-4 quests at most lmao… its not hard to make yourself a few 100gold, go into a gdkp get your gear, and while you are waiting on your final pieces you end up making alot of gold from the runs from OTHERS that farmed up their gold coming in… you are assuming the worse in order to punish the vast majority of innocent players so you can feel empowered or something

1 Like

ok then under your logic if there are hardly any DKPS and not many people run them… then why are you guys pretending like they are causing all these issues lol… you need to pick one because both cannot be true lol

Nothing is going to change as far as RMT goes.

You are completely delusional if you believe that.

I don’t even do gdkps and I know this. The anti gdkp cult are completely hate fueled and delusional, and don’t even realize that it is going to be WAY harder to get into good pugs now. If your logs aren’t decent (you know if they are or not) you’re gonna have a hard time.

I haven’t really been commenting on gdkp threads bc it’s just not my thing, I run with guild. But the absolute blood fueled insanity going on right now with the anti gdkp cult is unreal and I’ve never seen anything like it. It will all backfire however, when it comes to accessibility into pug runs
Gold buying isn’t changing at all over the gdkps. You will see

3 Likes

Great!

In my opinion, GDKP is bad for the game.
I don’t play WOW anymore because of GDKP.
It cause inflation and RMT in game. Also it will make difficult for new player to join the Raid and Dungeon.

Loot-rolling is good. But it’s not work well in WOW.
The problem is not the Loot-rolling but the reward system.
It’s disappointing for players that each boss drops only two items in 10 man raid or four items in 25 man raid.
Blizzard should impove the reward system.
For example, each boss drops 5 items in 10 man raid. (The number of the rewards should be the half of players)

If the game is designed to exchange raid items for gold, why are we having “Bind on Pickup” items?
If GDKP is good for the game, why not change all “Bind on Pickup” items to “Bind on Equip”?
I am looking forward to seeing Blizzard make this change to all versions of WOW.

2 Likes

Not very hate fueled or delusional to say that if you can use gold to acquire the best items in the game people will RMT to get the best items in the game… in fact it’s pretty logical and obvious… If there is no GDKP people can no longer RMT to acquire raid loot which is simply good for the game

That’s very intellectually dishonest. If you count only my main, I play on average 2 hours a week, and counting only the money on that character I’ve made over 50g with max level questing, running dungeons for greens or soloing WC for leather, perfect deviate scales and greens.

2 hours a week. At most. After the first week of BFD I didn’t even need to buy any consumables.

Here’s the secret: Find a guild. Run with the same people every week. Boom, consumable needs go way down because they trust you can shift out of chains. Easy.

Also truth be told the fact that it makes RMTs more common is only one reason why GDKPs are bad for the game (albeit possibly good for some individuals). GDKPs make people earn gold raiding, which traditionally had been earned via questing, farming, grinding. It takes people out of the world and into instances. If you take it into the extreme, it becomes WOTLK classic where the world is Dalaran and whatever instance you’re in.

Sure, there is less of that risk in SoD because there aren’t dungeon finders and catch up loot through dungeons, but the extreme use of GDKPs in Wrath classic definitely contributed to Wrath of the Instance Kings.

And I say again, you are COMPLETELY delusional if you think it still isn’t going to happen.

I mean you are 100% clueless if you think it still isn’t going to be a thing.

No, stalking gdkp discords and spending your free time reporting players isn’t changing anything.

Banning GDKP is the only W blizz got since 2019 when classic launched. It’s such a rare W.

2 Likes

If we outlaw murders they are still going to happen. Does that mean it’s pointless to outlaw murder? No, because by outlawing murder we reduce the rate at which murder happens

1 Like

i wonder what would make them consider the experiment a failure…

Great! Except now no one is going to jail.

It’s digital. I just find it absolutely hilarious you think those people are going to stop. I honestly highly doubt many will even get banned.

They barely even ban gold buyers and y’all somehow think blizzard is changing now.

If you ask me this is just a way for them to silence trade chat so the blood crazed and frenzied cult shuts up about it

If they shut you people up I’m happy. You guys are completely out of control. All the while I know people will still be buying gear and nothing changes except the advertising.

Look at te forums, look at Reddit. You people are spiraling out of control now. You people are embarrassing to the game.