GDKP in Season of Discovery

you think its a small group that does gdkp? try turning on trade chat

we need to also ban professions as people selling flasks directly benefit from gold purchased through RMT,

we also need to ban all BOEs as everyone that sells a BOE benefits from RMTers

we should also ban the AH

Believe it or not, nobody wants to ban any of that. Only GDKPs :slightly_smiling_face:

As someone who works full time, has a kid, travels a lot for work and likes to play at random times of the day or inconsistently, GDKP’s have let me play with a range of different people either as a carry, or behind in gear without the need for charity or inconveniencing my family and work life with my WOW addiction.

It is a way to pay your own way through the game without having the ridiculousness of joining a Hard Reserved Epic sword run, or present your logs, proof of your social security and not having a geared rogue/warrior leave because Talwar didn’t drop, again or the going simply got a little bit tough and a few people gave up and can do so without penalty.

Not everyone wants to raid with a guild or team every 3 days like clockwork, and are not always available to raid a XX time on a Saturday or Wednesday or whenever it your guild has decided is the most appropriate.

I don’t agree with the reduction of botting or gold farming you will see with this, if you have ever bought a consumable off the auction house, chances are you have supported bots and gold buying - it is not solely a GDKP issue.

This ban is being pushed on us with no alternative. Why not implement a DKP system inside of wow classic that is universal across all parties? You could have a penalty system for leaving, a chance to bid on effort score that is not controlled by an individual guild. GDKP’s are being banned with no alternate system for people like me that want a system that allows me to have a higher chance of getting loot over time for my character that is not hoping my RNG and roll is enough to get me the loot I want, OR build a raid that highly favors me getting the item I want whilst penalizing others. GDKP’s aren’t toxic to wow, hard reserves on an epic 2h sword / trinket / set pieces are.

Not a fan of the decision, hope to see it reverted soon or an alternative systemoffered. Hell, even personal loot is better than this change.

then RMT will not only continue but it will grow as you have now taken peoples sorce of income and will now resort to RMT to buy their consumes and other goods

lets call this for what it is, its not the RMT you guys care about, its not inflation you care about… you simply hate the way others choose to do their loot and thats all there is to it

1 Like

Consumes aren’t very expensive. Doubting many people want to spend irl money, and risk their account buying extremely expensive boe’s - the gear in BFD gdkps doesn’t usually go for 100s and 100s of gold like boe’s, so it might feel a bit more economical to some people to buy a little gold and get some raid loot for it. Well not anymore, temptation is gone. You’ll get over your little tantrum of not benefitting off RMT and Botted gold eventually

clearly you havent played classic wow… dam near all the guilds on mankrik RMT their raid consumes because most of them didnt have the time to farm and GDKPs wernt around as a quick source of revenue.

and again you are throwing unfounded accusations at me of RMTing, you are a lier and just like the rest of the people that threw a tantrum over a community that chose gdkps

in addition everyone with a prof and lists items on the AH benefits from botted gold, you chose to attack a system rather than pushing blizz to enforce their TOS against RMT

People buy gold for gdkps. This is undeniable to anybody, this is the biggest reason for somebody to buy gold. Even if you yourself do not buy gold, you are still benefitting from RMT and botted gold by participating in GDKPs, and you’re now throwing a tantrum because somebody took away your easy access to gold earned via RMT and bots. You’ll get over it

1 Like

I will be happy when you actually address the gold buying issue. It is not hard to figure out who is cheating. If you can figure out who will still try to GDKP, you can as easily figure out who is RMTing.

Not this half baked answer about encouraging measures targeting bots.

A year ban minimum for RMTers, this is what it will take for me to believe that you actually care about the issue. Put our subs to work!

Wanna talk about Heaven’s light? Gut ripper? Pendulum of Doom? Epic mounts? Boosting? Carry?

It’s not perfect, but I would definitely argue with the ban of GDKP SoD is at least in the top 95% for least pay to win mmorpg

I do respect your opinion, but I would argue that asking a company we are actually paying a service for to enforce their own ToS is not asking for an impossible task.

Get
To
Work
Now

Yeah get the police to stop all murder’s too! Don’t people know comiting crimes is against the law!?

Come on bro…

As if we are talking remotely about the same complexity. Why if everyone is finding them excuses time and time again?

I invite you to watch Asmongold video on the topic, pretty informative.

I like Asmon, I do, but his take on botting is probably his worst take. I mean locking up a criminal in real life is actually much more simple - you catch them you put them on trial, and you lock them up. You can catch bots, and ban them, but that doesn’t get rid of them they keep on spawning in. Anybody that thinks bots are easy to deal with severely misunderstands the issue. There are tens of thousands of bots made every single day, and the people making them generate enough profit to continually develop them and make them harder and harder to detect

1 Like

That is the thing, we are not talking about banning bots here, but banning the gold buyers. Ban the cheaters, simple. They are way less numerous, they don’t come back that easily. And I am pretty sure it is not hard to find out who is buying gold if you have basic knowledge about the game economy.

If a whale that bought $300 of gold get perma ban, I can assure you he is gonna think twice before doing it again, and a lot of others will stop as well to not lose everything.

1 Like

We have nothing to argue about then, I agree. Let’s ban gold buyers too that is completely fair in my books

2 Likes

A source of income? You realize that source of income is collecting gold from gold buyers. That’s dirty money.

Then they should BAN AH since 50% sold in Auction House are from those so called bot/farmers and not from those who does the GDKP’s Runs or maybe just remove the currency in game so people will call it “FAIR”. Everyone in the GAME BENEFITS from those BOT/FARMERS I’m not siding with them but that’s the truth. So in the end of the day everyone in game still benefitting from RMT and botted gold. So don’t accuse gdkps alone for being responsible from those things. They should have focus on making a System that prevent RMT from happening.

Noone is farming 100k gold per week. I saw a item go for 110k tonight.