GDKP in Season of Discovery

Always wondered the same thing. As if its not exceedingly obvious that the one guy spending 200g on every set piece and 500g on a weapon in a BFD raid isnt buying gold? lmao these people are willfuly sticking their heads in the sand because theyre addicted to the payouts.

3 Likes

Big W blizzard honestly

If im in a raid and everyones using /roll ms>os for example, and an item drops that someone really wants and i happen to win that item by /rolling on it, and they offer me enough gold that makes the trade worth it for me so i make the trade, is that a disciplinable offense?

It is clearly obvious that that person is buying gold.

If Blizzard actively policed their TOS and banned gold buyers those people wouldn’t exist and the negative aspect of GDKP’s would literally disappear.

So there isn’t a grey area, yes it probably is.

2 Likes

That is literally why I left my last guild. The honed-sword dropped and two of us had it hard reserved and the other rogue won the roll over me then he sold it to another rogue that didn’t even have it on reserve for 125g.

I hate gold buyers.

Youre forgetting the other negative aspect of GDKP’s: The culture of the people that always seem to be running them.

It is about 75% of the time that the people running these things are absolute degenerates. Racist, toxic, “elitists”.

There is a reason why Rock Apes is infamous on Era and SoM, and its not because their School Shooter guild master is edgy.

Many of the GDKP organizers emulate this culture and behavior.
Inflating bids, randomly kicking people to keep their cuts, etc.

It is racketeering at its most basic form and it is simply degenerate behavior.
Classic is about community. the majority of GDKP is simply eroding community social standards.
Again, the MAJORITY. Im sure there are above board runs taking place that have reasonable bids and payouts. But the fact that highly toxic, highly abusive groups exist at all is a clear indication of a system that allows the lowest filth to prosper with little recourse.

This is a failure of your guild to uphold loot rules. I’d reccommend joining a reputable guild of decent people and screening for this type of thing before hand.

Dude I don’t give a $### what someone’s personal ideologies are in a damn video game.

If you don’t like how someone runs their GDKP run your own. What are you on about?

If a guild used loot council that always rewarded the same 5 players would you stay in it?

Stop it with this nonsensical BS.

The game’s Devs disagree with you. ( Since a social contract exists)
And you seem to disagree with yourself.
Ideology directy dictates how a person behaves. And if you have a game where peope are generally mistreating each other, its not healthy for the longevity of the game.
There is a reason why people prefer the community aspect of Era over Retail where players are bound by the server they choose and cant simply disappear into a random dungeon Q after calling someone the N word or griefing.

You clearly care what someone’s ideologies are, or you wouldnt be so angry about people buying gold.

the only one being nonsensical here is you. I suggest you examine your own logic and rethink your position.

1 Like

Gold Buying is against Blizzard’s TOS.

I don’t care if someone is rude. If they are racist and make racist comments then report them because that is also against Blizzard’s TOS, is it not?

corrupt loot councils erode such socializations in a far worse manner.

Personal loot would solve both problems far more effectively.

2 Likes

Imagine running with a guild for months and the arbitrary “loot council” decides to give the other rogue the BIS weapon over you despite the fact that you have just as much time invested (if not more) than they do.

100% accurate observation.

1 Like

Honestly this thread is a gold mine, if I had realized this was actually going to split the community in half and turn the “why would you want anyone to quit?” Community into rabid hounds I would have been an anti gdkp andy too.

Thank you for this treasure blizzard, I kneel.

The issue is that loot council only affects the people who agree to be governed by the loot council. It doesnt facilitate the flow of items outside that particular raid.

GDKP directly assimilates illegally obtained gold into the hands of players which ruins the economy, and thus ruins the game for everyone.

If you fail to read and understand the loot rules of a guild youve been in for months, thats on you.

Pumping hundreds of thousands of RMT gold into the economy every week is not something the majority of players agreed to.

2 Likes

Again, personal loot solves that problem far more effectively.

Not when you get the same pair of boots assigned to you for the 7th week in a row and you cant trade them. OR when youre a shaman trying to get a main hand/shield and you get assigned a staff. OH but if they made them tradeable, you could just trade gold for them too… OH look we’re back where we started.

Aside from this, the itemization in classic is so uniquely funky that youd have to rely on the game devs to decide what is BIS for your class/spec as well. so how are they going to assign loot when Ele shamans and Boomkin want cloth drops to maximize spell power? Or when Warriors want Leather to max hit and crit?

You could have just admitted you know absolutely nothing about the classic loot and itemization and just respectfully bowed out. But you did provide a perfect example of why retail babies need to keep their opinions to themselves.

1 Like

I mean its just swipers and/or gdkp leaders saying nonsense

2 Likes

I love that you think only one side is being cringe :joy:. Thank you nailing why this is so funny lmao

1 Like

I mean… it is lol

1 Like