GDKP in Season of Discovery

I wonder if blizzard will admit they made a mistake and do the right thing by reverting the gdkp ban.

This is where the argument that it becomes the default raiding meta because it’s popular starts falling apart.

2 Likes

Its super popular solely because people believe they are entitled to a reward for doing something they and everyone else around them, pays to do already.

1 Like

Sounds like someone that did RMT and should be banned for it. Also sounds like an individual behaving badly and not representing an entire community.

Telling me a story about a dude that did RMT does not make the case that GDKP is successful and popular because of RMT. It is successful and popular because it is a better loot system. You didnt refute any of my 10 arguments.

Lol, one story of bad behavior means everyone is doing GDKP against their will? Common. :joy:

1 Like

sounds like a 1% issue, the leader in the BIGGEST GDKP organization of a server.
You should have worked together to report the guy for supplying gold to sellers.
Its an easy report that could potentially knock out the accounts that were buying gold.

If you take RMT supplying out of the picture, you just have a raid leader who has a bunch of gold for essentially working on Community Raid Culture and keeping it alive.
Unfortunately, Blizzard isnt policing those people, they should let them commit their crimes and then flag the accounts that get piles of gold dumped on.

2 Likes

Aww you guys think it’s just one guy resorting to these practices.

3 Likes

No, we don’t. But you are trying to turn stories of individual cases into a judgment on the entire community.

If you dont like RMT welcome to the club, why dont you advocate that blizzard do something to fix it. Banning GDKP aint it.

#BringBackGDKP

2 Likes

One of the, they had a cartel of 3 or 4 of them.

I find it amusing you think it was only 1% of the GDKP population.

I did - banning GDKP’s was a good start. They have more work to do regarding RMT, but banning GDKP’s has helped make it easier to trace illicit gold.

7 Likes

Eventually they will review the policy.

How was it a good start? The bots literally didnt care and are still botting away. People that previously didnt buy gold do it now because they lost gdkp income. Its a disastrous start, actually.

1 Like

gdkp ban was probably the single biggest fail i have seen blizzard do.

3 Likes

so the cartel has 4 people that are potential gold sellers, still sounds like 1%

It’s just a delusion they share to try to say every person who gdkp’s rmt’s is ridiculous lol.

2 Likes

Can we just start banning the mouth breathers who are for it? There are other versions of wow with it still available. Go there

2 Likes

Good argument! Ban people that disagree. Also, somehow banning it in only SoD and only in the US/EU makes sense. Because something about SoD makes it uniquely affected by GDKPs. Nevermind that p1 was the peak of SoD. :clown_face:

1 Like

Reported for harassment.

1 Like

Hahaha. I used to raid with you on classic era arugal. You were slow then, and can see nothings changed.

Gdkps are banned but

In a dead game mode that’s seasonal with entire forum full of people saying to unban them.

It’ll happen.

1 Like