GDKP in Season of Discovery

90% of them quit.

What data do you need to see that SOD is bad?

Literally nothing new has been done yet and you’re about to be back in Molten Core lmfao.

Man they dress up garbage and you love it, that’s insane and you can’t even see it

gdkp was just a superior loot system that is why it was so popular it was much better than rolls.

GDKP is massively popular to the point where it dominates every version of classic wow. That’s a majority voice, even if they aren’t on here on the forums shilling.

Exactly. Thats why era is still alive. When i went back to era like a couple months before SoD came out that was the only thing posted in LFG. There are other guilds doing SR and LC, but they arent near as active as GDKPs. I bought some gold to start off, got my gear, started signing up as a carry, and just fed my alts. It was great. No matter if there are GDKPS, people buy gold for AH items, consumes, ect.

You had to buy gold to start off?

there’s no such thing as “had”, he chose to, just like you did. He just got luckier than you and didn’t get banned

1 Like

I didnt have to. I chose to. I tired signing up to some guilds that were doing SR/LC. I needed help getting pre BiS and it was taking a bit long for my schedule IRL to find groups back then. I wasnt getting slotted in the SR/LC groups either. So i bought some gold and got in a gdkp and got loot that way.

Ok yes the had was sarcasm but I think more people use this strategy than you realize

Im sure its easier too find groups now for dungeon spam on ERA giving sod has been out and kinda dead. GDKPs help keep the server alive though for sure. A lot of people dont enjoy being in a guild or dealing with drama.

I think tons of people buy gold rather than make it, I just don’t agree that you are ever forced into it to proceed, gold is just a matter of time and buying it is saving hours, nothing else

If we ever want game integrity, the slap on the wrist you get for getting caught banning gold is far too lenient, giving people a week ban for getting caught buying gold is not working

I can see this as a positive for GDKP, allowing you to be a solo raider.

Yeah that was one of the things i loved about it the most to be honest. The vibes were always great as well. GDKP Naxs are very fun on era

1 Like

gdkp’s are always fun even in bfd phase 1 with limited content it was still a blast.

1 Like

Yup i did them on my 5 horde alts haha. I hate they took them away, but i hope they come back for P4.

1 Like

Well they did say it was a test and they will review the policy and can potentially change in later phases.

1 Like

You can dream. I don’t see it changing. This isn’t like incursions which I have yet to see many people defend. There’s no vast majority clamoring for GDKP like you claim. The contentious threads alone are evidence of that.

Then why does it dominate every version of classic wow to the point where its hard to find a non gdkp raid? :thinking:

1 Like

Because P2W is all the rage with the “new” gaming culture.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how in one sentence you explained one of the main reasons it was banned and why many people are glad to see it gone.

2 Likes

majority of classic players absolutely like GDKP and view the ban as ridiculous :expressionless: to the extent that SoD players don’t, well, it’s because most people have just quit SoD and don’t care about it anymore lol…

1 Like