GDKP in a nutshell

Except the rules I allegedly broke aren’t explicit in any form.

You’re legit making things up. I’ve seen people advertising for “pure buyers” since TBCC. Nobody believes you, and that includes the GDKP shills trying to pass it off like GDKP isn’t a place where items are bought and sold.

The mvp is not an authority on tos policy. They are giving their best interpretation, which is welcomed, but they offer no unqiue perspective that any other player can’t offer.

I didn’t say it didn’t exist. I said it isn’t the norm, specifically in current wotlk and sod raids.

it certainly feels weird calling a pure random PUG a ‘service’ because of the loot system it uses, but OK, recruiting for BFD in trade chat it is!

I will post a standard LFM message in LFG channel without mentioning the loot system, with a /DND on to inform people that it’s a GDKP. This seems to be a TOS and rabid right click reporter friendly method.

1 Like

Man you are so bad at reading. these are also very direct clear statements all by blues that show gdkp is a service that belongs in 2.

including a guy literally saying wrong channel.

2 Likes

“I didn’t break the rules, I was brigaded! Also I broke the rules a bit.”

4 Likes

I already addressed this. Address my response:

The services post makes zero mention of GDKPs. Conflating gdkp with boosts is dumb. Don’t be dumb.

Saying wrong channel means nothing without saying which is correct. Does it mean I spammed because I posted in both? Does it mean I can’t post in either? They critiqued me for posting in trade. Is trade the incorrect one?

Everyone who gets gear in a GDKP is a buyer.

The rule specifically says gold.

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.

I didn’t break the rules regarding advertising. I didn’t spam. This distinction is nonsense.

I was brigaded. It was explicitly done.

That brigading led to a selective enforcement of ‘abusive chat’ claims.

Right back at you. Using a bit of logic:

No that was for LFG. youre either being obtuse or you have incredibly horrible logic and reasoning skills, or both.

Yeah youre right, youre the main character and everyone including the GM’s exist solely to pester you. Youre also right about everything and everyone including blizzard and the MVP are wrong about the TOS.

Someone simply saying “GDKP group LF2M DPS” is not a boost, carry, service, etc. :expressionless:

1 Like

No, they explicitly made a point to mention how me responding to people IN TRADE was why I got suspended.

Vaguely stating ‘you posted in both. Wrong channel’ is the definition of NOT EXPLICIT. You are reading what you want to read into this.

A GDKP is a gold service. advertising for gold services belongs in 2 according to blizzard. this is not debatable.

as ive said.

The rules here hinge on the (frankly silly) distinction that the GDKP loot system is classified as an in game sellable service by the raid leader because it involves in game gold.
This is regardless of the fact that most GDKPs are pure PUGs, and almost all of the gold is returned to the PUG attendees.

I can understand the tenuous link here, but I definitely disagree with it.

Regardless, they are the rules set by the people who make the game, you must abide by them. This doesn’t mean that GDKP is against TOS, you just have to get creative when advertising your PUGs.

I suggest that you just advertise the run as normal in LFG but don’t mention GDKP, as those 4 letters are the only part that is not allowed in the LFG chat. Set up a /dnd message saying ‘This is a GDKP run, not MS>OS run’ which will be shown to anyone interested.
Yes, it’s extra work, but it will mean you won’t get spammed with right click reports from poor people :slight_smile:

1 Like

A GDKP is a group of players looking to do a raid with an auction-based loot system, no more or less valid than MS/OS or whatever system you like most :expressionless:

1 Like

No, they just don’t care about me. Or you. They made a decision prompted by an automated system and are sticking to it.

The blues didn’t make anything clear.

The mvp is interpreting just like you and I. They even expressed how /2 may be wrong. There is no clarity here.

Cool!

They indicated it, you’re trying to weasel around it.

Go to a city, and post your advertisement for you BoP selling service in /trade. That’s perfectly within ToS.

You can also do things like walking around and /s asking people to join.

Don’t do it too much or it’s spam, and if people report you you may be actioned.

Irrelevant when anyone getting an item in a GDKP is a buyer.

2 Likes

Hello again Swanronsan,

You kinda remind me of a dude sitting in cell saying he is innocent.

Blues chimed in my man. You got hit for wrong channel and abusive chat and probably spam. That’s just the way it is. Blizz makes the rules and Blizz hammers violators.

I’d suggest, moving forward, as GDKP is still allowed for whatever reason, you advertise in Trade and do it no more than 1 per 5 minute, preferably less.

Good luck!

1 Like