GDKP in a nutshell

I already presented a better analogy than one which uses two explicitly illegal traffic violations.

Absolutely laughable. you didnt read the blue post explicity saying its not allowed in LFG.

3 Likes

This is not a gold service the way the other services are.

/2 is literally called “Trade”. that is the equivalent channel. you can also easily make a gdkp channel if you wanted to.

1 Like

I did read it. That’s absolutely not what they said. They said it was spam to post in both. They then lambasted me for responding to people in trade. They never indicated ‘gdkp goes in trade’. They are intentionally avoiding making a declarative statement like such.

Are you lost?

These are very direct clear statements.

3 Likes

They sell items, and are therefore treated the same as any of those other services

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade channel

1 Like

There have been a lot of statements from people here, including an “MVP” quoting blizzard on what we should NOT do when attempting to form a PUG that uses GDKP as a loot system. I can’t seem to find advice on what people should do, unless it’s buried under the many comments here, I could have missed it.

If someone wished to form a BFD pug and wanted to use GDKP as a loot system, how should they go about it in a TOS friendly manner?

As if you breaking the rules isn’t illegal in the sense of the laws Blizz set for the game? Please.

MVP clearly stated GDKP advertisements belong in /2 and not LFG due to them being seen as a service.

1 Like

The green poster is not a blue. Notice they were the only one willing to make a direct statement?

I’ve been over this three times. You’re free to scroll. Gdkp is not the same thing as guilds/groups selling services. There is literally no mention of gdkp on that post. That post is then taken out of context and applied to the rule that ‘gold only gdkp (meaning no real money) is allowed’.

Claiming wrong channel means nothing if they don’t indicate the correct channel (intentionally avoided doing so).

Again, this is all moot. You all will report people for putting gdkp in trade just like I was brigaded over, which ultimately led to my suspension for language.

Except the rules I allegedly broke aren’t explicit in any form.

You’re legit making things up. I’ve seen people advertising for “pure buyers” since TBCC. Nobody believes you, and that includes the GDKP shills trying to pass it off like GDKP isn’t a place where items are bought and sold.

The mvp is not an authority on tos policy. They are giving their best interpretation, which is welcomed, but they offer no unqiue perspective that any other player can’t offer.

I didn’t say it didn’t exist. I said it isn’t the norm, specifically in current wotlk and sod raids.

it certainly feels weird calling a pure random PUG a ‘service’ because of the loot system it uses, but OK, recruiting for BFD in trade chat it is!

I will post a standard LFM message in LFG channel without mentioning the loot system, with a /DND on to inform people that it’s a GDKP. This seems to be a TOS and rabid right click reporter friendly method.

1 Like

Man you are so bad at reading. these are also very direct clear statements all by blues that show gdkp is a service that belongs in 2.

including a guy literally saying wrong channel.

2 Likes

“I didn’t break the rules, I was brigaded! Also I broke the rules a bit.”

4 Likes

I already addressed this. Address my response:

The services post makes zero mention of GDKPs. Conflating gdkp with boosts is dumb. Don’t be dumb.

Saying wrong channel means nothing without saying which is correct. Does it mean I spammed because I posted in both? Does it mean I can’t post in either? They critiqued me for posting in trade. Is trade the incorrect one?

Everyone who gets gear in a GDKP is a buyer.

The rule specifically says gold.

Individuals and guilds selling items and profession services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel.