GDKP in a nutshell

No, because it wasn’t willful. GDKP participation is a choice.
We like the AH. We don’t like unnecessary activities linking the best gear in the game to bot gold…

2 Likes

its not, they just go to the server gdkp discord to get into groups.

“the best way to stop covid is to not test for covid.”
“Report GDKPS ads to stop GDKPs”
Same logic, different boomer saying it.

Bottom line: There is nothing worse for the health of this game than RMT. Until Blizzard gets serious on that issue, the community will continue to rip itself apart on these tangentially-related-topics.

People are frustrated by the current state of the game and are lashing out in various directions. People would not care about GDKPs if there wasn’t a massive RMT problem in the game. So until Blizzard institutes a zero tolerance policy on gold-buying, players will be policing each other in their attempt to effect change when the company won’t.

1 Like

No no no leave the gold buyers ALONE

Big Chad energy

1 Like

Is the trade services channel even available in Classic?

No, it is not. Which has resulted in some questions. Does that mean you can’t advertise runs/carries using gold at all? Do you use the next closest thing which is Trade? We know we are not allowed to use any other public channels.

Blizzard has repeatedly stated those runs are ok, but has not clarified the advertising policy, except to remind people that spamming, using the wrong channel, and using chars that can’t participate in the run, can get the account penalized if reported.

1 Like

Yes, that adds to the confusion. There no legit reason to squelch or clip players for not posting in the appropriate channel if it doesn’t exist. Blizz needs to make these rules and channels universal. And post the rules for everyone.

2 Likes

of course not :expressionless: can’t let facts and logic ruin our moral crusade against GDKP

This is such a tired argument at this point.

There is quite obviously a consensus that GDKPs are concerning, at best, and downright harmful at worst. Until Blizzard has actually tried to tackle RMT, GDKPs are going to be strongly associated with credit cards. Simple as that.

3 Likes

I don’t think the moral crusade is against the concept of using gold as DKP. The person stated they are firmly against real money gold selling/buying and all the the related activities that encourage it. They don’t hate GDKP as a concept, it is just collateral damage in their dislike of anything that utilizes or encourages people to use RMT.

Seeing as Blizzard sells Tokens for gold, I don’t think the crusade against all RMT will work. Illicit third party RMT on the other hand gets banned frequently, including for gaining illicit gold during a GDKP.

Personally, I think the only way to end the discussion is to remove gold trade between players completely. I just don’t think Blizzard is going to do that, nor am I sure that would be overall beneficial. Throwing out the baby with the bathwater so to speak.

Man, what is with you snidely trying to score points constantly? Then pretend like you’re above mudslinging… should be a politician.

I never said it was some new fangled thing, although the ‘punishments’ for it have changed dramatically over time.

I’ve also been for ‘pretty much ever’ and yes, GMs did intervene in loot, guild banks, scams, etc. I’ve been hacked before, had things restored before there was a self serve. I’ve reported ML’s and had items redistributed TO OTHER GROUP MEMBERS. I’ve reported ML’s and been given boiler plate about how the ML has to report it and even then they may not take actions. It’s entirely dependant on the gm who handles it. The ones that talk in game, and clearly actually play the game tend to go the extra mile.

This green text has gone to your head. You shouldn’t be speaking as an authority on these policies.

What i was saying is someone can go to a gold buying website, put in someone elses char to recieve gold, and it be sebt to them, there would be 0 link to the person trollings account since they at no point used their info in a blizzard related client. This is only in the hypothetical where gold buying had strict a harsh punishments ex: perma ban on reception. I was using it as an extreme to show why that level of heavy handedness is a very bad idea

I can’t imagine you’ve ever actually read the TOS you agreed to judging from most of your replies. What he posted were facts, that you apparently don’t like.

1 Like

I suppose someone could do that, however the responsibility is on the player, as I explained, to not accept random gold that shows up. Never ever take gold from your mailbox if you don’t know who sent it, or why it is there. Return, report, delete. Those are valid options.

You are right that Blizz would have no way of knowing that someone else set up the person to get that gold. Blizz can’t monitor third party sites. They can only see what happens in their game.

1 Like

Someone transferred gold via Discord going from one server type to another… and there’s a chance (that we cannot see) that the person in question had their appeal granted and permanent ban overturned.

GDKPs are nothing like this.

Disingenuousness, thy name is Mirasol.

Your posts say otherwise, which is why I won’t engage further.

2 Likes

Your judgments mean less than nothing to me. Continue to make the wrong ones.

Oh, they mean something to you. Otherwise you wouldn’t have answered my post. You’re only fooling yourself friend.

Me responding to you means nothing more than me killing time while waiting for my shawarma. Don’t think yourself important because you’re getting an ounce of attention.

Blah blah blah… I do hope that made you feel superior. lmao