GDKP ban in Cata classic

I don’t understand being broke. No guild no raids i just leveled several alts and do one gamma each per day. 700g in under an hour especially with professions.l while waiting in que.

Gdkps allow you to trade your time for guaranteed loot or a leveled characters ability and time for gold. So it balances out your effort. Banning a form of trade just forces people into awkward time slots in guilds to raid, which is impossible for people like me that have a real life obligation that constantly rotates raid time availability. So it’s a good trade off to once a month go get what you need and be done.

1 Like

How would you ban a GDKP?

2 Likes

People who don’t even raid pushing GDKP bans are so cringeworthy.

2 Likes

even if you don’t raid, the constant spam is unbearable

you also have to deal with the inflated economy due to the gold buying for gdkps

it impacts everyone

5 Likes

So dramatic lol

Is SoD less inflated?

Blizz punishing players who see the value in this loot system because they can’t police their game well enough is sad.

I suppose everything you say is your own supposition, and I wonder if a suppository would be helpful.

It’s not GDKP’s that make the economy inflated, it’s the flippers that make things expensive. I’d admit that maybe the raid BoEs are more expensive than they should be but for pretty much everything else regarding tradegoods, potions, etc. are controlled by those that make or flip them.

Most people who GDKP keep their gold, they don’t buyout entire markets, they’d rather keep that gold to spend in future GDKP’s.

1 Like

it’s not the millions of gold the bots farm? cmon

2 Likes

Nothing is inflated, what’s inflated in your servers economy?

And the bots keep that gold too, they can’t sell gold they don’t have.

Although I participate in GDKPs from time to time for a bit of extra gold, I’m also of the opinion that they’re definitely unhealthy for the game for a number of reasons, and would be totally okay with it if they were to be banned across all of WoW.

I’ll give you one little example. When I hit Lv80 on a fresh toon, regular heroic dungeons, alpha, and beta dungeons are pretty much non-existent as nobody ever queues for them anymore.

My theory is that the overwhelming majority of the player-base is sitting on so much gold at the moment (due to GDKPs and buying gold from cheap third party sellers) that they just buy 264/245/232 BoEs the moment they hit level 80, pair it with a few Furious PvP pieces, and jump straight into gammas.

This eliminates like 80% of the dungeon grind (which I find fun personally), and gives me no choice but to do what everybody else is doing, and spend 10-15k gold on BoEs to get me started with gammas as I literally have NO choice. I can’t get into any regular heroics to work up my GS so what am I supposed to do?

I can’t speak on your behalf as everyone has their own opinion, but for me personally, the game would be much more enjoyable without these issues. I hit level 80, there’s no need for me to blow 10-15k on BoEs just to get into gammas, I can work my way up on my fresh 80 toon from regular heroics and enjoy the gearing grind, and (in my opinion) play the game like it’s supposed to be played.

I could be wrong about this and might get a lot of hate for whatever reason, but that’s simply my opinion.

2 Likes

Find a guild, look for people with the same “drive” to raid as you…you will be happier for it

1 Like

regular heroic 's still actively work, it queue time at same or a bit higher than gamma. It’s not non-existent.

My alts and a lot of other’s alt never spend that much gold to start gamma. It costs about 0 to 500gold at max when I make a fresh 80 alt to be ready for gamma.
I mean, you could hate gdkp for any reason, but not this reason. It’s actually not related to gdkp. Whether gdkp exist or not, ppl always want to jump into gamma asap, because of the reward. And it’s so easy to reach gamma queue requirement.

^ Exactly. Ain’t nobody getting their tier sets from doing gdkps lol gotta farm those gammas and that’s why people sre doing them

From what I remember there weren’t nearly as many gdkps in cata as there were in wrath because of the difficulty of the raids. Everybody needed to bring their A game, not enough wiggle room to bring along buyers. There will be aloooot of gatekeeping thought.

There are people that I personally know who have quit their day time jobs and run gdkps 6 times a week. The amount of gold they make and then sell via RMT is more than they were making at their old job. It’s quite astounding.

thing is though, Good gdkps are usually made up of the top players alts who already know the content. Pure buyers were more of a thing in tbc where content was a pushover. It’s more hybrids now in wrath where yeah they might not be bis geared but they have enough gear to actually contribute to killing bosses.

i agree, ban ban ban

1 Like

Yes, bc a fresh pre-bis character gets anything from these runs, let alone guilds being entirely destroyed viability wise by it. We don’t need anymore self important gate keepers forming in the game.

right until SoO when personal loot happened

GDKP encourages the token, which in of itself generates inflation. There are many people that would rather gold buying be non existent and those that do it be severely punished for cheating.