GDKP ban in Cata classic

Might be an unpopular opinion, but since GDKPs are banned in SOD, could we also make them bannable in classic cata? I’ve played some WOTLK reached max level and have decent gear, but I’ve never been able to raid. All the groups are either BR pugs, or GDKPs. I haven’t bought any gold, so yes, I’m broke…but it sucks to not be able to experience end game content (raids) without having the gold to do so. 90% of raids you see advertised are GDKP only.

I think removing these would actually allow people to raid as guilds/pugs like it used to and shut down all of the runs where people just buy gold (prob not from tokens either) lol

tkdr: unpopular opinion that gdkps should be banned in cata classic

32 Likes

Join a guild or start your own group?

2 Likes

greAt idea

how do you ban them

gdkps should be banned everywhere in wow.

42 Likes

the same way they made it again ToS in SOD.

8 Likes

Would be hard to enforce really, they’d have to ban gold trades for the most part I think.

What are BR PuGs?

I don’t do GDKP’s nor have I bought gold and I have 280k

Just join an SR/MS>OS run, make one yourself or join a guild.

I ran with my guild until they decided to stop, there are still guilds that run raids.

1 Like

You already have the ability to ban GDKP from your raids or not join ones that perform it.

tkdr: Stating the obvious once again.
:axe:

4 Likes

Create your own pug raid? I see them all the time. You are either on a dead server or just one of those who are too damn lazy and want it all done for you.

If you are poor in wrath then you will be poor in cata too, so shouldn’t matter anyways if gdkps are around or not.

2 Likes

BR pugs = Speak Portuguese or don’t raid.

As far as GDKP goes, I don’t mind them. I run with my guild, but those alts they can’t accommodate, those are a great way to gear up. As far as making gold, I sell gems / saronite on the AH, and farm herbs during slow hours and sell those too. Dailies are nice as well.

1 Like

I suppose it depends on how successful the ban in SoD ends up being, or is perceived as being.

Perhaps they could have separate servers for GDKP, or make GDKP a thing on Retail.

Maybe we could have servers that disallow being broke.

:woman_shrugging:

I told my friend that SoD is the testing ground for GDKP bans and that if it’s successful they’ll likely implement it into cata.

Guy just doesn’t know how to make gold.

4 Likes

They should just make a realm or two where GDKP is banned, and leave the rest as is. Let people play the way they want to.

GBid though, should be banned from all servers. At least on firemaw, pretty much every MS/OS or SR raid is gbid for tier tokens.

1 Like

If they cared about the game they would.

But here is the thing… they dont sell tokens in SOD… they got a reason to allow GDKPs in Cata. Money. Most people will argue RMT and coins is not a huge factor in GDKP and I am sure in many groups it is true. But what they dont realize is that new guy that came in to get his foot in the door probably did. Then after a few runs he was in the cycle and wasnt in need of it. In other lesser groups I have no doubt its a CC out of control machine.

2 Likes

Ban chinese IPs

don’t play sod. so you rely solely on players to report?

could you not still use discord?

Always the broke ones crying about GDKP’s and massively overly exaggerating the lack of MS>OS or SR’s running because in the 5 minutes they were locking, there were no groups. I, wasted, my time doing dailies non-stop in the first few phases that I have gold out the nose. Running a GDKP on my 6th alt is super convenient as I’m already committed to two other raids. Stop trying to push how you want everyone else to play out there. Don’t like GDKP’s? Don’t run them or go to SoD. Let others enjoy themselves

6 Likes

Do GDKP’s even survive into cata raids?

1 Like

As long as the WoW token exist and gold buying goes on unpunished GDKP’s will always be a thing.

I don’t personally have an issue with GDKP (Mine is with the community pug scene and gold buyers obviously). My guild is based off of GDKP and we run with the same members every week and maybe an alt or 2 of theirs and it has been that way for them since they formed in Naxx. But my guild is the exception, not the rule. It is easily the best system. No potential of a corrupt loot council or person X who is an infinitely better player not getting an item because person Y hasn’t gotten a piece in 2-3 weeks but performs MASSIVELY worse or having your entire fate decided by luck. And also not as big of a worry of someone leaving the raid once x item doesn’t drop.

If you don’t get any loot you get gold at the end and it’s a win/win for every member in the raid. Plus it means items will get cheaper as the weeks go by. I’m not even spending gold right now in ICC because every 284 piece gets replaced in 2 levels from the 308 ilvl end of quest blues or dungeon blues.

But I won’t act like GDKP doesn’t have it’s problems, ESPECIALLY in the pug scene and it’s BAD. People who you can very easily tell don’t have another level 80 toon or any real experience raiding with hundreds of thousands of gold going in buying items at a way higher price than most of the people who are in the run have.

Imo they shouldn’t ban GDKP but should 100% crack down WAY harder on gold buyers/sellers. They of course won’t and we will continue to go on the path so the easiest way is to “just ban gdkp lol” rather than fix the actual issue.

3 Likes

I’m really interested in this ban going game wide.

4 Likes

I don’t raid but the chat drives me crazy. I wish it would go away. Since I don’t do GDKP I have no opinion either way but raid guilds do have issues with it, especially the gold rich folk.

1 Like