GDKP Ban extended to Cata

The GDKP ban has been wildly successful in SoD - please extend it to Cataclysm when it launches. Being able to more easily track swipers and their gold trading will only be healthy for the game.

32 Likes

No it hasnā€™t, and no it wonā€™t.

GDKP is by far the best loot system in the game at this point in WoWā€™s lifespan.

10 Likes

It isnā€™t - itā€™s the worst by far. It enables swipers and drives botting and account hacking. SoD is so much better with it gone, and WOW as a whole would be better if it remained banned.

11 Likes

Man are there actually people that think gdkp is the best loot system in wow? :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

21 Likes

GDKP is a victim of RMT, not a perpetrator. Banning them does nothing to address RMT, while actually taking a stronger stance against RMT would make GDKPs better

4 Likes

Problem is you gotta listen to your own point. If gdkp encourages swiping and Blizzard sells gold via tokenā€¦ does it make sense from a corporate level to not allow this?

Plus, I actually dont think gdkp is filled with swipers. At least many of them. Do some people do it? Without a doubt. But that knife cuts into AH, trade channels, and various other things as well. Most gdkps have fairly stable rosters at the core and the gold kinda shuffles between those players.

Is the system abused by some? Sure. Some ML/LC guilds arent much different. They just dont return much to players as a select few politic everything into thier bags for free and lose nothing for it as they clammer over look at my parse, youtuber says this is best, dps is all that matters in gameā€¦ etc.

Truth is the only none corruptable loot system would be personal loot thats not tradable unless you recieve the item twice. But not many people like that either.

2 Likes

There is a reason they removed ā€œno gdkp ruleā€ on Asian server SOD. When they ban gdkp, raids take irl money directly via paypal for loot instead of gold.

It is incredibly early to call it a ā€œsuccess.ā€ There are still bots and gold buying in SoD.

Thanks to Incursions, Blizzard made everyone a bot. With the amount of inflated gold, the prices of everything are far more than they should be. If you missed out on the early gold farming, you will be encouraged to buy gold if you want to use consumes and buy an epic mount next phase.

As others have pointed out, we have the WoW token, so Blizzard wants that swiping to occur. Banning GDKPā€™s would be a bad decision for them.

The hilarious thing is, I see way less bots in Wrath than I do in SoD. Some ā€œsuccessā€

2 Likes

if you think there arenā€™t swipers in SoD, I have a bridge to sell you

2 Likes

GDKP incentivizes buying and selling gold, which destroys the economy, screw these selfish clowns ban GDKP.

Give them their own server and leave the rest of us alone.

8 Likes

Every single person defending GDKP should be looked at for RMT. There isnā€™t any other logical reason to defend it other than they also do it.

7 Likes

GDKP runs are significantly better than any other pug you will find. GDKPā€™s are great for players that are full geared and donā€™t need any loot to still run raids and get something out of it. SR runs consist of the worst players that are more likely to leave once their items donā€™t drop

1 Like

Yeah, they get RMTā€™d gold out of it. Without RMT they wouldnā€™t be as successful and people wouldnā€™t do them as much, JUST LIKE IT WAS IN RETAIL WRATH/CATA. Being ignorant to how things are doesnā€™t mean you canā€™t fathom the ought.

Also, who cares about Pugsā€¦ get a guild, and some friends, this whole pug-culture is stupid, and if not for GDKPs more successful guilds doing things the right way would pop up.

4 Likes

Not all of us have the same time commitment to join a guild and raid at the same time each week, some of us have alternating work schedules. RMT is in the game and it will never go away, its been in the game since original vanilla. You can literally buy WoW tokens lol, blizzard isnt removing gdkps. Sorry it hurts you so much

2 Likes

You donā€™t have the same time commitment just sounds to me like you need to buy gold and purchase all of your gear in the most efficient manner possible(having the most gold). ā† Thatā€™s what I read. Last I checked MMOs have NEVER been about efficient, time management playstyles to gear up your characters THROUGH RAIDING. You need to put time in, if you donā€™t have time, you donā€™t play, you donā€™t get to cheat to get purples bud.

GDKPs and ILLEGAL RMT were prevalent long before the token, so this point is moot.

None of this hurts me, but blizz should definitely take a look at every single person defending GDKPs and now YOU claiming ā€œRMTs are in the gameā€ for illegal gold buying. Maybe just a CLOSER look at you people. I donā€™t give a crap about your work schedule. This is how the game has always functioned. RMTs were always not legal (non wow-tokens) and people arenā€™t buying wow tokens when you can get 4x the gold for the same money illegally. No matter what you say, it just DRIPS of ā€œI buy gold and I want to buy my gearā€.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s definitely some degree of irony in the ā€œGDKPs are 100% bad and wrong and killed my family!ā€ crowd also being the sort that thinks you should only be able to play this game with a dedicated groupā€¦

1 Like

You think Blizzard intended for people to swipe their credit cards, and whoever has the most gold gets the loot? Because I doubt it. The fact that itā€™s turned into that 20 years later is another matter.

2 Likes

Gonna have to explain how anything you just said is relevant to my point

Even just having this conversation seems to make you angry. Also just making false accusations left and right. You can easily do gdkps and never buy gold (crazy concept). You act like you have to buy gold to run a gdkp lol. Believe it or not there are people in your guild that buy gold.

1 Like

1.5million gold for the first Thoridal in TBC. 1.5MILLION. Tell me again how GDKPs were done in original wrath to the extent we see now, Iā€™ll wait.

Point out anything false that Iā€™ve saidā€¦

3 Likes