GDKP Ban extended to Cata

I think it’s the fact that pro GDKP people don’t care at all what it does to the game as a whole, what about a new player that can’t afford to but 400g level 17 blues? oh well that’s their problem?

Don’t have enough time to play the game properly? Who cares that’s your problem go play something else.

Destroying the economy for people that don’t have enough time to play the game is the stupidest excuse I’ve ever heard.

6 Likes

GDKPs arent the reason that the economy is the way it is. The people that are anti GDKPs blame GDKPs for literally everything lol. Look at SoD economy, even when the GDKP ban its probably the worst I have ever seen it

2 Likes

Why do you think they banned it? Lol…

2 Likes

They tried to see if it would stop botting and gold buying (news flash, it didn’t) lol…

It promotes gold buying/ selling, do I need to explain how that affects the economy?

Person A sells gold so he runs GDKP’s and buys out the AH and charges stupid prices.

Person B doesn’t want to learn how to play the game so he buys gold from person A so he can run GDKP’s.

1 Like

Lmao. No. It’s not going to stop the RMT, but it will stop the RMT gold being used to circumvent the game’s player power acquisition.

Ever heard of “Pay-to-win”?

2 Likes

EVERYTHING “promotes” gold buying and selling, its on blizzard to ban the bots and the gold buyers. Darkmoon decks “promote” gold buying and selling. dual spec “promote” gold buying and selling. Do you see how this keeps going?

No they don’t. The problem aren’t those items being sold in the game on the AH, it’s the inflated prices CAUSED by gold buyers paying ANY PRICE POSTED for ANY ITEM EVER. This RMT crap is rampant, and GDKP is just one facet, that facet, if allowed, is P2W. Where the BOE items on the AH are not p2w and never were.

2 Likes

So its no longer about RMT, its about getting easy to earn items in a 16 year old game?

It’s the age-old reason ANYONE has ever cheated… To get player power… Ripadin, meet Diablo 2 LoD.

Also hacking when it comes to pvp. It was rampant in wrath classic as well.
People want to “win” without working for anything. Have a feeling it’s this 14-25 generation of people. Lazy + greed.

1 Like

As someone who has never participated in GDKP and clears heroic content in a loot council guild. Can someone please explain to me why I should be worried about GDKP? Will it hurt my ability to clear content?

Why do you play this game? Buy your gear and go pose in goldshire? or do you make money selling gold?

Not sure if trolling, but… The economy + p2w.

Do you ever think about new players that have literally nothing and how they are supposed to buy upgrades?

I guess it’s not a problem because it doesn’t directly affect YOU…

You are creating a problem and blaming 1 thing with 0 proof that is what the cause of it is. If you find a low level blue that is worth 400g its because its either a twink BiS item or it is currently being sold for transmog.

There are no low level blues worth 400g…what about buying out linen and marking it up to 3g+ a stack? Show me a new level 10 that can afford that…

I tried to put stuff on AH for reasonable prices only to have it snatched up and put back for 10 times what i wanted for it, I don’t want these scrubs buying my stuff.

This is exactly what I meant by “economy” It literally screws EVERYTHING up.

1 Like

I am not sure if you are familiar with SOD, but they banned GDKP and in the following patch, the economy is in the worst state its ever been. You can check for yourself on JPWorgen website.

In terms of P2W, you are assuming everyone who participates in GDKP are doing RMT. Even if it’s the case, how does that affect my ability to clear heroic content in my raiding guild?

I am just trying to understand others point of view.

Never said it did. Just laid out my POV on what I quoted. p2w being a very large factor. People buying gold will always mess up the economy, but think about it if people aren’t doing GDKPs anymore, what are they to do with all the gold they either already have, or will continue to buy, (because that’s the kind of person they are) probably screw the AH/economy REALLY GOOD, right? Now if you don’t have a nutty amount of gold, I guess it could affect you and raiding if your consumes ( and you don’t farm+make them yourself) are crazy priced, may just push people away from buying them.

Not sure if I can prove it, (absent GDKPs) but I don’t think people will buy millions of gold just to have control of the AH… it may even be a net-loss (gold-wise), but to have pretty BiS purples on, that you freshly bought from your TOTALLY LEGIT GDKP, well that sounds like a good reason to cheat…

1 Like

This makes perfect sense. RMT drives up prices of consumes, making it harder for legit players to obtain them. Perhaps Blizzard should do something about RMT.

Unfortunately, not really seeing the benefits of banning GDKP on SOD right now. It’s the only patch where I have to resort to not enchanting certain items or using cheaper consumes from previous patches. Thankfully the content is very easy so it’s not really needed.

1 Like