GD: Mythic Plus Impact on raids discussion (Hopefully good feedback.)

All you need is like-minded people.

Most are willing to do m+ or do enjoy m+. For the brief while PVP gear was viable in PVE, how many went and did that? (Still is prob if gladiator.)

Well, you guys are like 4-5 players interacting, the more the merrier, I hope Blizzard stop ignoring or improve CC.

You bring a good point, setting limits to players is algo great for the player experience.

Its a difficult topic to address because players that mostly do raiding feel like the loot acquisition is really bad compared to M+…and limiting M+ will impact a lot of players, because it’s the current short term sessions of gameplay for some rewards.

2 Likes

raiding has a schedule , M+ doesnt

i can log in now and find a M+ in 1 min

i cant find a HC raid not even normal in less than at least 10 min , maybe i dont get invited , maybe there is already 4 of my class/spec , maybe there is too much leather on the raid (Chance of loot if nil )

is raiding fun? yes , is limited? yes , is puggable ? at the start of patch yeah , in 1 week AotC or u arent getting invited

So replace Mythic raid gear drops with cosmetics and other things, make each raid difficulty give Great Vault loot from one tier above itself (Heroic gives Mythic, Normal gives Heroic, LFR gives Normal), remove weekly loot locks on raid gear drops, and you’re already halfway to figuring out a decent solution.

M+ is not the problem here. The gear and reward structure of raiding in general is outdated and does not line up with M+.

So it’s a time thing for you, that’s cool this is the kind of conversation we need to be having around this topic. What would make raiding more accessible for you or desirable ? Is it just purely a time thing?

I understand completely, like see for me specifically I can’t follow a set schedule with a raiding guild like a part time job because of real life time constraints etc or personal preference like if I am in the middle of a raid from 8-10 and my friends are inviting me to play League for example, I tend to get annoyed with the fact I am stuck there. With Mythic + quick 20 minutes and I am out. Maybe they can add things like mini raids? I am really trying to spark feedback and ideas here from all kinds of players.

the most mini-raids we’ve had was cataclysm and also mists of pandaria. The problem with so many mini-raids is that it’s more time consuming if you want to do them all.

(Travel can take… a while.)

well i came back for 10.3 and trying to find a raid has been painfull for tons of reasons

1- i would love to raid F-S nights , or in the morning , i cant play on Sundays/Monsdays because thats family time, there are 2 guilds afaik that raid F-S , 1 on the morning and they are full or no need my spec ,it took me days to find them tbh

Guild search is useless , there are thousands of guilds (80% of them are death , why dont clear up the search every 2 months ? or every big patch?)

u cant filter them for raid > what days they raid? what times?

i tried raider io , there u can filter days and times (thats how i found it and talked with them)

i have time to raid? yes , having issues connecting raiders > recruiters , for a game that is 20yo , and that “was” or is ? raid centric…that should be fixed already.

To add on to this the question comes up of why does raiding demand a raiding guild or scheduled time frame?

Too many people for spontaneous groups? I don’t know there are thousands of 5 mana being formed, is some 10-20 mans out of such a massive pool a major blocker?

Raids too difficult to effectively pug? Mid/late mythic maybe.

Getting 10-20 to not mess up is harder than getting 5 to hit mess up? Probably some of this.

Raiding currently pointless for aspect crest farming?

Use the guild recruitment Discord. Every time I wanted to find a guild, five plus messaged me (didn’t even need to apply to them.)

im from EU if u can point me to it :smiley:

Raiding doesn’t require a guild or scheduled timeframe. Open LFG, apply to groups on a boss. Kill it, leave or find another group if they suck.

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know if there is one for EU.

I agree, but was responding to their perspective.

Just needs a guild for mythic cause those bosses can take weeks.

By the same token, that’s like trying to pug a mythic +30 key.

1 Like

Mythic+ lockouts? I get that Mythic+ is easier and circumvents raiding but this would genuinely kill off a fairly large chunk of the playerbase.

And raid ID lockouts.

Also funny how much harder mythic raids are than keys for the rewards they can give.

5 guilds in the entire world can be aspect crest capped by raiding only lol.

Who knows maybe delves will be reworked to be even easier than keys, give better rewards, be uncapped, and also solable.

Who’s fault is that? They’ve been nerfing M+ difficulty for years now.

well , u can invite a pug mage to your +17 , because he has done a +8+++ (u have to deal with 1 +affix tho) and if he has some knowledge of the spec he will do it prolly fine

but u cant invite that mage to heroic Fyrakk if he has only killed normal , because mechanics get harder

Removing gear drops from mythic raids is just literally killing Mythic raiding, which shouldn’t be the goal.

As I said in the CC topic:

Increase raid drops from bosses, add back bonus coin rolls and increase the difficulty of M+.

Season 3 difficulty is laughable.

1 Like

DF launched with somewhat challenging dungeons but Blizzard caved to the tears and obliterated them quickly.

Now season 3 may be the easiest season ever.