GD Lounge # Reforged_Insanity :)

“Click on it. You can see a bigger view of it on the website. It is so beyond words, for sure.”

I feel as if I missed something big and terrible. You are always so kind on the forums, Cyndilou. Who would not like you??? We like you here though so it should cancel out any hater’s hate. It’s their loss in the end. :relaxed:

3 Likes

“How? It has such detail. What scale is it? I have never been able to create one that realistic looking.”

Will you please let me in too if I swear by all that is Gnome to spare you from my Mechagnomicide? Please? I’ll even hook you up with a juicebox conversion unit…WITH BUILT IN BENDY STRAW!

And I’ll teach you the secret art of stealing Grumbles’s cookies without him knowing!

1 Like

“Long story, that started years ago. Not gonna bring up any details.”

1 Like

No it was my error on my phone, after a long day and posted without proofing.

I edited and fixed it.

Short of apologising and sacrificing a murloc, I feel bad about it.

H

1 Like

sadly, photos never do justice to minis…
you need to see them in the flesh to appreciate the fine detail.

the legs were purchased (i don’t have a lathe… yet!)
the rest is just balsa, stained with coffee.
the drawer handles are “nail art” decos.

it’s 1:12~ish.
i wasn’t too concerned about things being perfectly to scale, due to it being a fantasy room.

1 Like

I can respect that! Doesn’t sound as if it would be a pleasant story. I am sorry you had to go through it.

1 Like

“What scale is that one in?”

The radius of my personal containment matrix can be expanded upon, all who wish to escape from the insanity may reside within the bubble. I can also offer an array of treats and refreshments from my on-board soy nutrient dispenser and minibar.

3 Likes

iv accomplished many things but i’m still not a bunny

1 Like

woops, i just edited that in above :stuck_out_tongue:
it’s close to 1:12, the tables and chair are 1:12, and everything else was just built to look “normal” in comparison

“Is that one inch equals one foot?”

i think so?

i work in metric… but basically i just measure what i want to make, then divide it by twelve

1 Like

“I mainly work in what I call Barbie Scale. I think that is one inch equals one half a foot. Not sure though.”

i just checked… Barbie scale is 1:6, so that sounds right.
there are some great tutorials on youtube to get you headed in the right direction!!

1 Like

“All my stuff is home made, except for a few ‘found treasures’, and the Barbies. I even make the clothes for the dolls. I have been doing this since I was about ten years old. Just never had the room to try big projects, until after I got married.”

“I make tables out of Popsicle Sticks, and stuff like that. I make stuff out of the pieces you remove, from Doll House Kits, (The negative pieces you remove from the pre-cut forms.) and stuff like that. I buy the occasional trim, for ceiling tops, and borders. I even make my own light fixtures. I am very creative. Chop Sticks make GREAT Table legs.”

“I even made a small desk, with a WORKING Drawer, and a Vanity Back-Piece. ALL out of Popsicle Sticks, Negative Out-Pieces, and Chopsticks. It even has a Matching High Back Chair.”
/smile

yes! i just found some stunning ones which i’ve put in my parts collection :smiley:

i see a lot of craft-foam being used for Barbie scale stuff.
i use a lot of second hand jewelry and beads/charms
every time i go thrifting, i’ll let myself spend… maybe $3 or $4 on junk jewelry to pull apart

“I have a whole big box of broken, old, and discarded jewelry, that I use for Costume Pieces, for myself. They also come in handy, occasionally, when I make Doll stuff, providing they are the right size. I even make the jewelry for my dolls I use.”

the hardest thing about making minis… is having to examine every little piece of rubbish before it gets thrown in the bin.
bits of plastic, bottle lids, packaging, polystyrene, it all needs to be inspected for possible future use :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like