GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

Snow YAY! as a kid.

Snow BOOO as an adult.

:panda_face:

1 Like

no bigger than peas.

just the small stuff.

thankfully my car is old and full of dents from people dooring it in shopping centers, so i wouldnā€™t notice a few more dents. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Yup lol

The difference is, as little kids we didnā€™t have to worry about going outside @6/7 AM in the morning to scrape ice off the car (while freezing), drive on crappy/slippery roads, tip-toe around on icy sidewalks, etc

For the most part, childhood snow is associated with ā€œfeel goodā€ images of Christmas and fun snowball fights, the ā€œdownsidesā€ werenā€™t as apparent back then

2 Likes

i see some of the footage of people trying to walk up hills and constantly sliding backwards, or people sliding down their icy stairs onto their tailboneā€¦ and people think that stuff is funny?
i just donā€™t see how itā€™s funny.
maybe iā€™m just too old to appreciate the humour in it.
i donā€™t think iā€™d be able to navigate the world if everything was covered in ice.
i would need spiky walking poles or something.

anyhoo, itā€™s waaaaaaaaaaaaaay past my bedtime.
gotta get up in 4 hours, and the cat will probably wake me up in about 2 hours.
good thing i can just sleep all day today if i need to!
there are meant to be thunderstorms this afternoon, and i normally lose internet with the first lightning strike.
i got a couple of second hand dvds to watch in case that happensā€¦ a war one and a spooky one. (and a bag of cheese and onion chips to accompany the viewing!!) :smiley:

1 Like

I am very disapointed in Sprigatitoā€™s final form.

Just why?

This is Fuecocos final form.

I LIKE! :grinning:

This is Quaxlyā€™s final form.

:woman_facepalming:

Why so many humanoid forms? They are ugly.

Yes, there IS something you use - they are snow and ice treads you put on your shoes to give you spikey feet.

https://www.amazon.com/Shoe-Ice-Snow-Grips/b?ie=UTF8&node=3421064011

You can also use hiking poles with metal grip tips in addition to the shoe treads.

Many people who live in areas with regular ice have a set or two. Makes it easy to go out to get wood, shovel, walk on sidewalks/parking lots, even engage in recreational things like hikes or walks.

2 Likes

yeah iā€™d choose this option, just for the sake of stability.
iā€™m wonky enough as it is on my regular feet.
iā€™m scared to walk on concrete or brick with a slight lichen/moss buildup when itā€™s wet, because i have a habit of just slipping and skidding and sliding. :expressionless:

the thought of an ice layer is just scary.
it amazes me that so many people donā€™t seem to be prepared for the weather situations which they know are happening outside!

(ā€¦but i live in Melbourne, and our city is famous for ā€œfour seasons in one dayā€ā€¦ so when we leave the house, we go prepared!) :joy:

Crowded House even wrote a song about it. (i wonā€™t link it, because it has a censored word) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ā€œLets get this Dance Party started!ā€

/grin
/dance

2 Likes
2 Likes

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated: :panda_face: :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

2 Likes

I. . . . I got my house in FF14.

I can make my own personal Wonderland. I canā€™t believe it. I am dreaming right. Someone pinch me. . . no shrink me if I am dreaming.

Runs around the lounge screaming about chairs, wallpaper, gardening, hedges and more. More, more, more. So much. . . so much design I canā€™t handle it. Ahhhhhh!

6 Likes
4 Likes

looks like my W.A.S.P scared everyone away :stuck_out_tongue:

iā€™ve always found this song to be hilariousā€¦ the lyrics are veryā€¦ i donā€™t know if punny is the right word. just kind of clever-ish

i finally got my event trinket, thanks to generous donations from random strangers :sparkling_heart:
also got the cloth tmog set, pet, toy, bag.

i was struggling to think of a christmas gift for my sons GF, and i found something PERFECT!! ā€¦iā€™m so proud of myself, so i hope she likes it! (now i just need it to hurry up and arrive) :grimacing:
sheā€™s kind of goth, loves bats, and wears skirts all the timeā€¦ so i got her some pantyhose with bats on them, and a purple lanyard with bats and skulls :bat: :skull:

Imgur

Imgur

:smiley:

3 Likes

No, just been busy doing stuff in WoW.

Iā€™m watching YouTube while I wait for the boss to pop. No point in competing with multiple groups and killing greys.

ā€œEvening Everyone!!!ā€

/dance

2 Likes

i discovered the glasses vendor last night. (Finn/Caā€™nees)

now i need to create new mogs!!

1 Like

ā€œWhich ones did you buy?ā€

all of them :grimacing:

4 Likes

Blizzard whereā€™s my turkey mount?

And what kind of company that names itself Blizzard without having any blizzards in game?

Blizzard treats and Blizzard storms.

And fire the person who keeps tripping over the server power cord, next time they might get coffee all over and it will never work again.

Donā€™t forget to feed your hamsters too, I bet itā€™s the same person who trips over the server power cord who starves and kills all your little hamsters.

1 Like

I came home to find my side fence didnā€™t exist any more.

They said they were going to give me advance warning so I could remove the lights along the fence.
No warning, and they just flung my lights on the ground. :confounded:
Itā€™ll be dark in a couple of hours, and Iā€™ll be able to see if they work.
Not going to go test now, because Iā€™ll probably fall down a hole. :hole:

Theyā€™re installing a taller fence for privacy from the 2 new homes.
ā€¦but the fence on the other side of my house lets me see directly into 6 or so backyards.
Itā€™s all about the money.
A taller fence will bring them more $$$

mages have a Blizzard spell, if that counts?

1 Like