GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

my “festive Pepe” is a gladiatior. :smile:

4 Likes

You know the Grinch is pantless. :rofl:

:panda_face:

3 Likes

Does this mean we’re getting a St. Patrick’s Day holiday! I really hope so!

:shamrock:

Hey you!

Hands off of my Lucky Charms, they’re magically delicious!

Oh and panda druids when?

:panda_face:

4 Likes

‘That is incredibly cool btw. Nice touch with the highlights under the sleigh, I just wish it had a decent shadow to go with it. Then again, I’m picky on stuff like that.’

‘Holiday season is usually depressing for me for a variety of reasons, mostly being so far away from family has been difficult these last 10 years, but more so the last 2-3 has been getting worse. Maybe I’ll get back there next year(one can hope). I’m trying to turn around my mood and enjoy it but its difficult.’

Granted I’m much older than you but in my case, of my immediate family, that is, parents and siblings, I’m the last one standing. There are no conversations to be had, no smiling faces to cherish only memories. While you can, write to them or chat with them via the Internet. Take advantage of the technology while you can, while you have family to here to share your lives.

Set aside differences, fears and anxieties lest they rob you of the finite time we have in this world. Learn from the past but don’t beat yourself to death with it. Savor the present with all of its ephemeral woes and fragile beauties and carry the best of yourself in to the future. In the end, most of what haunts you means little to an old man and what is truly important can remain hidden in plain sight.

2 Likes

If you had my family (parents and siblings) you wouldn’t be encouraging this. I envy people who have normal relationships with their family. I just hate mine.

2 Likes

'I have a foot in both camps with mine, I can relate in some ways but not others.

I guess in a lot of ways, I feel more lonely than anything else this particular time of year because the entire focal point for sales is generated towards families and people gathering together.

When you have no one else, it makes life depressing in that respect. Then posit the 3 to 4 people who actually understand/know you well are over 9,600 miles away, it just makes it harder I guess. I’m not very good at explaining things this afternoon, but I do try.’

2 Likes

‘While I don’t disagree with you Sir, there is only so far I can go with it. Generally speaking my father tries to call me on Christmas Day every year, but outside of that one phone call a year, I don’t really hear a lot from them.’

3 Likes

i definitely get this as recent years i crack open an old picture book of what now seems like a whole nother life time ago now and just the few pictures i have to remember it the time with my father we have our disagreements for sure some here may look back as i do and think to your self of all the mist opportunities

the rest of my family is not so good but still i would do anything for anyone of them don’t let them know i said that tho :dracthyr_uwahh_animated:

2 Likes

Do they know how homesick you are feeling? How much you miss them?

2 Likes

'If they don’t know by now, then I don’t believe they ever will.

I have cited it on numerous occasions. It’s mostly my eldest sister and my father that I speak to most. My other 2 siblings and my mother I don’t really talk to ever since I left Australia. So It’s been a bit weird to say the least. We use to be extremely close prior to that.

In some ways it feels to me like they resent the fact I’ve been here, strangest reaction I’ve ever seen.’

3 Likes

I understand. My wife had a really negative relationship with her mother that left many scars.

In my case, my relationship with my family was more of benign neglect. No bad feelings but I’m the only one that made it out of high school, let along graduating from college. They had no clue about my life and no interest in gaining a clue as I had always been the odd one out and that was enough for them. And now they are all gone, though I am grateful there aren’t any regrets about things said or left unsaid.

I am sorry that your relationships are so difficult, but I understand that contact at this point in time will not make things better. I hope you can enjoy your time with those who have chosen to be with you at this point in your life.

2 Likes

'You and I have this deeply in common, friend. I am the only one in my family that graduated high school in any form. Always seeking the alternate avenues in life, hence how I ended up where I currently am.

I am extremely grateful that my friend from long ago(we played Rift together, I healed him for several years in that MMO, he was the tank) has helped me since I’ve been here, without him I very literally would not be writing this text right now.’

3 Likes

Did you want me to break out the arcwine again?

A toast among friends is never a bad idea. :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve always watch this Halloween time and Christmas time.

Yes please.

:panda_face: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

pours 4 glasses of Arcwine…one for Zenli, one for Pen…one for themselves…and one for the mysterious stranger whose presence is sorely missed :wine_glass:

2 Likes

‘I absolutely love that film. especially that first track’

1 Like

You forgot mods, they definitely need it the most.

Thank you for the wine!

drinks wine

Wheeee!

:panda_face: :wine_glass:

2 Likes

https://gifdb.com/images/high/happy-fox-grinning-os8gxza6gk4wwlc7.gif

3 Likes