GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 2)

People wanting next expansion to be pirates.

But if it is it will be boring recycling BFA content.

I could never get into the pirate fantasy.

:panda_face:

2 Likes

I think it would be more about discovering new lands and uncovering ancient treasures.

Plus, I would enjoy having my own boat that I could fill with artifacts, plunder/treasure/booty.

2 Likes

Too bad his name wasn’t Baine. Instead his name is Howdy Doody. At least he has the temperament of Baine tho. Taurens always looked a bit derpy to me. I know when we were all throwing out customization recommendations for each race. I asked for a less derpy face for them. That never happened. Lots of suggestions didn’t, oh well. :dracthyr_shrug: It would’ve been nice to have them actually look like mythical beasts instead of chewing grass derpy face. Even those Taunka race from Wotlk didn’t have as derpy of a face. Which always had me wondering why even do the Highmountain Tauren
 but tbf you could say that for a couple allied races.

Sidenote: I was amazed that tiny car could even cart that big bull around. Not sure if I was the only one shocked there.

4 Likes

hi from chrisnp/gotnov

here’s a random video

https://youtu.be/6j6-elqb2Wc?si=vOMrj1bZWCSuxUep

here’s a new rick astley song too. released four days ago on youtube

2 Likes

Night Elves had enough of stormwind’s nonsense so they take up piracy against the hoomans
hmmm I could work with that :heart: :heart:

Heck, I’m already a thief :heart:

1 Like

Woops forgot to come back to this one.

It was a TikTok about people’s tendency to not look deeply into things and just to go with whatever a media article says about “studies showing”. Without looking at the results and understanding standard scientific concepts you have no idea if the study you are quoting is deeply flawed.

I cited the example of study apparently showing that GM foods leads directly to cancer. The study was flawed because -

(1) There was no control group
(2) They used a small amount of rats
(3) The testing methods were deeply flawed
(4) The species of rats they used have a racial ability to spontaneously develop cancer-like symptoms.

That’s right. Put these rats in a locked room with normal food and water and do nothing to them and they develop cancer-like symptoms.

It was more a poke at myself over pronouncing the word “trait” like “trout” for some reason. NZ Kiwis are weird I guess.

3 Likes

It reminds me of my recent discoveries concerning Butter:

Apparently Butter(and all Saturated Fat) makes the LDL Cholesterol too big(in otherwords it becomes Really Low Density Lipoprotein/RLDL Cholesterol) to get in the Arteries while increasing them while also increasing the HDL Cholesterol that washes out the LDL Cholesterol.

Of course overdosing on HDL Cholesterol will clog your Arteries with HDL Cholesterol instead of LDL though. HDL is simply smaller and denser(which helps it smash through the Low Density Cholesterol) so a lot going into the Arteries at once will cause clogs to form and they are a lot harder to unclog.

In otherwords Trans Fat clogs the Arteries quicker than the other Fats(Saturated and Unsaturated) which clog the Arteries at the exact same rate with Saturated Fat adding weight which adds to the problem.

Of course Saturated Fat is nothing compared to Carbs needless to say which clogs the Arteries almost as fast as Trans Fat does.

So in terms of threat level: Trans Fat is worst closely followed by Carbs followed not as closely by Saturated Fat followed closely by Unsaturated Fat.

Due random Articles mention all this? No. They simply either say Saturated Fat is Bad for you or Saturated Fat is Good for you with Carbs being Bad.

1 Like

It’s
 complicated.

Basically, simple carbs are for going directly into energy. If you aren’t energetic, then the body will use insulin to store that potential energy as fat. Do too much of this and the body becomes increasingly unresponsive to insulin and can lead to type two diabetes.

Fat is good for storing energy. Our bodies evolved to store energy and nutrition for use in times of need. Since few of us are ever in need of calories our bodies just keep adding to the storage lockers and we put on pounds of fat. Add to that a lack of expending physical energy and the muscles atrophy and we become even a higher percentage of fat.

Ironically, it isn’t uncommon for very overweight people to be malnourished; they have lots of calories but the calories have poor or no nutritional value. Lots of vicious cycles involved.

We evolved as a species to be very active over millions of years. Though we’ve been “civilized” for millennia and increasingly sedentary over the past century, this is a drop in the bucket in terms of the time it take most evolutionary processes to make the most of the current environment. Given our medical a social networks, there is even less evolutionary pressure to adapt to the brave new world.

In short, eat in moderation, try to eat as few “processed” foods as possible and try to get a few hours of moderate intensity aerobic exercise and resistance training in each week. This and looking both ways before crossing the street will help you live to be 85. If you want to be 105, you’ll need to chose the right parents and look both ways before crossing the street.

1 Like

:notes: :dracthyr_nod: :notes:

2 Likes

https://s.famitsu.com/news/202309/06314767.html

Seems Ganondorf was put in for the sake of contrasting against Rauru.

Furthermore Enemies are chosen for the sake of playing.

In otherwords reviving anything is not what Nintendo is about. Nintendo is about playing with toys.

Nintendo was a toy company to begin with so this is not surprising so Interviewers wanting to get their vision for the Zelda series across should think of how to approach Nintendo like a Toy Salesman:

Kokiri should be approached like a Toy that one must give an excuse to bring into the World of Zelda.

Imagine bunch of Forest Sprite Villages all over Hyrule.

Imagine the Goron Shaman having Underground Cities all over Hyrule.

Imagine there being Mining Cities(filled with Goron Miners) all over Hyrule.

Imagine the Gerudo having bases of operations all over Hyrule(resembling the Water, Fire, Lightning, Sand and Spirit Temples with their Theme Music).

Imagine Undead Necropolises all over Hyrule.

Imagine Deku Kingdoms all over Hyrule.

Imagine Farms all over Hyrule.

Imagine Marketplaces similar to Ocarina of Time all over Hyrule.

Imagine Zora Domains all over Hyrule.

Imagine Vast Caves with Crystalline Ground similar to that as seen with Yoshi’s Island with Waterfalls in the distance one can reach if on walks long enough.

1 Like

/dances off
/wave
/smile
/vanish

6 Likes

5 Likes

The music is nice but having grown up on LPs, 45’s and even 78’s for classical music, not to mention 8 track and cassette decks, the appeal of lo-fi entirely escapes me. Yes, the original CDs that were analog (AAA) conversions could get acoustically sanitized but that is long gone. Anyone remember the treasure a DDD CD was?

3 Likes

I’m a bit slow when getting news, but I tend to have the tv off because it becomes stressful. I get my news by casually scrolling through feeds online instead.

About Ya Ya, I feel she was neglected and was in poor condition to the point where an investigation should of been launched of the care and treatment she was receiving.

There is no reason for a panda to look like that.

I feel someone should be in prison for animal cruelty to it’s fullest extent.

I saw recent videos of Ya Ya and is looking better. Hoping to see what she looks like in a month. She’ll definitely be happier and healthier. I wish Ya Ya the best :heart:

4 Likes

Just read that Mortarion praises Nurgle.

Seems the only thing he retains is his gloomy disposition(clearly born from the Death Guard’s belief in his gloomy disposition since Greater Daemons are considered Warp Gods and thus fall under the rule that they are shaped by the beliefs of their worshippers).

Mortarion embodies Death, Ku’gath embodies Plagues, Isha/Poxfulcrum embodies Life and Rotigus embodies Rain. The first three are gloomy(with the third even being an enemy of Nurgle unlike the first and second who are loyal to the point of praise) while the fourth is happy.

The Death Guard are utterly unfit for the Tau Empire. Same goes for the World Eaters, Alpha Legion and especially the Emperor’s Children.

The Thousand Sons(ones loyal to Magnus at least), Word Bearers, Night Lords and Iron Warriors are all acceptable allies for the Tau Empire.

1 Like

Hi everyone. My friends got me into Nier:Automota. And omg it has really good music.

I actually want to learn how to sing this song. (Even if I won’t have a partner. I will sing the first girl’s part.)

4 Likes

i am happy you like nier: automata.

gotnov/chrisnp

i am being a dummy as usual.

1 Like

https://www.gocomics.com/wizardofid/2023/09/08

He apparently is disgusted with people who hoard until the house is filled to the roof in every single room.

HE can afford to accumulate wealth because his Castle is so big that it would take longer to be filled and chances are he is going to keep making it bigger so that it will never happen.

In otherwords he is going to spend excess Money to make his House bigger unlike those miserly hoarders who are too lazy to even increase the size of their house.

I’m sure his Castle will eventually be as large as a City with entire Dungeons worth of Gold because he spends on a continuous basis.

We pandaren can speak in a secret morse code.

1 Like

chrisnp potates potatoishly

1 Like