GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

oh my gosh what is that!

2 Likes

Umm I was asleep I swear.

3 Likes

did you crumpl Gnarlsbeth!

lololol no, he just crumpled from sadness.

/casts all his heals on Gnarlsbeth just in case

Chris P.'s NE resto druid

1 Like

lol no. I wouldn’t harm anyone in the lounge. Trolls on the other hand I might have sleep walked taken to wonderland to meet the dark side of things.

2 Likes

/is relieved!
well that good. allso i will send you a list!!

1 Like

Don’t harm my trolls though! Only the bad ones.

I’m in Arizona , it’s already here

2 Likes

that sounds very powerful!

2 Likes

It is much easier to head to Wonderland in unsual ways as you tend not to find it when you are looking for it.

3 Likes

The World Through the Looking Glass also has potential as it’s a Chess Board run by 2 Queens in contrast to the glamorous Gardens of Wonderland!

Wonderland is Lampbloom Woods from Trials of Mana and Through the Looking Glass is Gothica from Secret of Evermore!

1 Like

flatlanders just dont understaned some times you just need to get in there with your hands and just :crossed_swords: :fire:

2 Likes
2 Likes

This is not the first time I heard this, I read alot of comments on Facebook who said the same thing. They did mutilate her story pretty bad. An entire race is on the verge of extinction, night elves can re produce undead can’t.

Can’t say “For The Horde” anymore, because it turned into World of Peacecraft.

Faction division is what kept my sub going, now it’s FF14 WoW version. My time here was closing here anyway’s, I couldn’t stand all the systems they implemented just to make a character function for activities. Dev’s still won’t lift the rep portion of BFA flying.

What happened to the Forsaken is unfair, because now they won’t exist past 5 yrs game time.

1 Like

Only a myth :frowning:

Yeah, I know. At least one night elf child was mentioned in one of the side stories outside of the game itself, but if the developers get their stuff together I really wouldn’t mind nelfy children running around a new nelfy capital

I feel like it depends on where they are once they are done cleaning house.
We need a good reason to fight, and there is definitely potential.
Just look at how well humans have treated their so called allies - the Night Elves.
They didn’t really help defend the tree
They didn’t really help with evacuation
We’re sleeping on the cobblestones of stormwind streets.

So if y’all ever sack stormwind. U’ll find Cyndi, me and Elmer up on one of the eastern hills munching popcorn and :bear: sandwiches :smiley: :hugs:

4 Likes

And good morning folks. May it be a terrific tuesday for y’all

3 Likes

have a nice tuesday all and good morning also

chris p.'s worgen dk

2 Likes

Hello there Chris P :slight_smile:

I know people are thinking “lol, this person is outraged about cross faction pvp and the lore itself.” Because that is what I expect from the community, people expect a Final Fantasy version of WoW and they got it.

Eventually they will go all the way and let Alliance into our cities and faction merge guilds. Faction fans won’t be missed I know that for sure. I had no one to play with anyways most of people I played with left before this. I had a player 2 he quit 2 months.

Didn’t Legion mention the birth of Illidan and Malfurion as twin night elves being born?

1 Like

Perpetual alliances are a myth, they don’t happen in reality. Look at the U.S. and France. Without the French fleet, the Americans would have probably not won the Revolutionary war and yet over time we’ve become “frienemies” because they commit the heresy of having their own ideas on international politics.

Allying with WoW humans is stupidity. Much too much racism and they have consistently shown that when the fewmets hit the windmills they won’t even back-up other humans. That said, dwarves, gnomes and worgen would generally ally and the latter three are too few in number to stand on their own. I would include Kul Tirans as humans.

Night elves would be their own faction with tenuous connections to other elves. Quite possiblity a strong alliance with at least factions of the tauren. However, if they had a smidgen of smarts they would reach an accommodation with the orcs and their allies and the nelves have a 100% chance of losing a war of attrition given birthrates alone. Add to this orcs acquiring increasingly devastating weapons over time and that’s just isn’t going to work out well for nelfies.

High elves with all the various subgroups such as Blood, Void and so on are kind of doomed. They are not inclined to work well with others, have the same birthrate issue as nelves on top of centuries of mutual hostility and a lack trust between them.

The Nightfallen are harder to gage. They have a distinctive culture from nelves but are clearly related. I would see them gravitating to the blood elves as having more similar cultures and a common need for new sources of arcane power.

Vulpera would stay neutral with strong connection of mutual benefit and suspicion with goblins and gnomes. Goblins would be the major player in a neutral commerce based faction. They will meddle in politics as war or the threat of war is profitable.

Trolls would essentially re-unite under a reasonably liberal (for a troll) monarch Talanji. They would be rather inward facing and interact via trade or if someone really annoyed them.

The Forsaken would be its own faction as, realistically speaking, everyone else would be hoping they simply die out. In that sense they would probably remain loosely linked to the orcs for defense. I see the Forsaken being pushed into the shadows as the people doing dirty deeds done cheap. They are brilliant alchemists and it is possible they may find a way to come back to life enough to reproduce. Otherwise there will be a large black market for mostly intact bodies making them generally viewed with disdain and distrust.

The Pandaran would likely generally withdraw to their island and not interact with the world other than a small but constant flow of adventurers.

Obviously, even if these generalities held true, there will always be individuals who don’t fit into the mold so adventurers, economic opportunists, mercenaries, knowledge seekers and so on would still exist and provide plenty of head canon for player characters.

Whew, that post sure spun out of control quickly. Thanks for humoring me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes