GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

I love that photo. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Islamic Hijri New Year is July 29, 2022 as year 1443 A.H. – lunar calendar
Jewish, Rosh Hashanah is September 27, 2022 as year 5783 – lunar calendar
Christian Orthodox ( Julian) is January 14, 2022 as year 2022 – solar calendar
Chinese (Buddhist) February 1, 2022 as year of the Water Tiger (12 animals x five elements = 60 year cycles or, historically, one generation) – modified solar
Naw Ruz Iran (Persian, Zoroastrian , Baha’i) March 21, 2022 1443 - Muslim, 3760 Zoroastrian, 179 Baha’i )

So many more variations on these. Good luck keeping up with the Australian Aboriginal time keeping.

It’s New Year’s all year. LOL.

5 Likes
5 Likes

If things hadn’t gone the way they did I wouldn’t have met the people here.

I look at it that way.

3 Likes

I do hope things work out. I don’t know you well enough to say much but here is cookie. :cookie:

2 Likes

pokes his head out from under his blankie

Do you know why I think 2022 is going to be a boss year? Because I screwed up. And I screwed up badly too. I’ve been painting a mini for Surfy and I had a grand plan for it. It wasn’t going to be just a mini I painted for Surfy; no, it was going to be a multi-discipline display peice and, the only peice I paint with an eye towards being artistic.

But I screwed up the face beyond fixing. And I went to my GW store today to see if maybe I could get another copy of the mini. But they didn’t have one. So I browsed and considered my options. I decided against ordering another mini online and opted for a box set of the Daughters of Khaine. And as I looked at the minis in that box set, an idea began to take root. And now, I have an opportunity to learn from my mistake, apply what I have learned thus far and create something that will be truly mind blowing and push me to the very limits of my own creativity and skill level and well beyond!

Because, you see, the New Year is not just about hoping things get better. Because, the New Year is not just about making some half-baked resolution we all know will be reneged on with glee on January 2nd. No. The New Year, for me, is about reflecting upon where we have well and truly boned up, dipping that paint brush in paint again, applying what we learned from our boning up, and creating something for others they (hopefully) will truly cherish.

So to all of you crazy, insane peeps who keep this lounge fun and interesting, I hope 2022 brings you tons of new opportunuites to grow beyond the mistakes we’ve made in years past and use what we’ve learned to create something well beyond astounding!

Oh, and 2022 is also all about adorable otter and baby bunny videos, super duper tasty :bear::sandwich:, giving your Happy Azeroth Buddypals lots and lots of hugs…WITH BULLETS AND KITTIES, and…CELEBRATION!!!

giggles, throws confetti everywhere, and eats lots of tasty :bear::sandwich:, and raises a toast with a cool, refreshing, delicious, juicebox WITH BENDYSTRAWS!!!

3 Likes

Yes they are fun. I wish I was crazy like them.

3 Likes

very important item for us drinking… :rofl:

/starts dancing with gnomey :slight_smile:

Give us time sister :smiley:

2 Likes

Well maybe I am farther along than I thought.

4 Likes

I wanted to share this as I found out it is free on youtube. It is a movie I really like.

And to win you over

4 Likes

Saturday is the last day to pick up presents if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

YAY!!! DANCE PARTY TIME!!!

dances with Surfy

HOORAY!

:grin::heart::grin::heart:

1 Like

Yep, very pleased at the progress :rofl:

Before long u’ll even be making :bear: sandwiches in classic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

/happy dance

yes indeed - 2021 would go out with a uggghhhh

But new year is so close :smiley:

2 Likes

For some reason this song is appealing to me today

Something so “We got thru 2021 -We are the champions” i guess lol

4 Likes

I am more in the making wonderland :cookie: 's :cake: 's and potions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

pops into the Lounge through his deathgate

Or this song!!! BECAUSE I’M EVIL!!! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!

2 Likes

Is good to be evil :slight_smile:

/dance

1 Like

looks at Surfy suspiciously

Wait…are…are…are you MAGNI in disguise?

cries at having to farm more Azerite

3 Likes

I forgot about him :slight_smile:

Guess him not around is one of the good things :slight_smile:

/dance

3 Likes