GD Lounge # Reforged Shadowlands (Part 1)

I just started another bear and went the Expedition leveling. Just have to wait out the other. It was just quicker to me.

1 Like

Hello all I am a gnome

5 Likes

Hello Wild :grinning:

Here have a drink.

gives Wild a mug of beer

:beer:

2 Likes

Thank you, this tastes like raw pasta, I love it

2 Likes
1 Like

looks up from watching adorable otter videos

Hi Wild!

gives Wild a tasty :bear::sandwich: and goes back to watching adorable otter videos

1 Like

Hello my little gnome buddy.

3 Likes

I had to turn down the commission as I don’t have enough experience with the subject matter, they wanted the story with and I don’t want to write a paid story that I am “practicing” on. It is not fair to the customer.

Still I didn’t have a problem with the idea beyond that.

2 Likes

Wise move. Perhaps though, it may be something you can research and practice on in your spare time!

It’s a short week (for me) but it’s still technically Monday, so I’m gonna do the Hump Day dance anyway!

1 Like

I was talking about this with my dad just a bit ago. There are so many different types of ideas for writing out there that I can’t possibly be prepared for them all. Besides commissions are not going to be my main source of income so it isn’t that big of a deal.

I would rather get people to buy my books or support me on Patreon and such than worry about not getting a commission.

2 Likes

This is true, but having even a very basic understanding of different genres allows you to incorporate a lot of different styles into an interesting narrative.

For instance, when I wrote my novel, I was going for a very hard Noire/Pulp vibe. I knew plenty about pulp just by being a long time fan of such luminaries like Lovecraft and Edgar Rice Burroghs.

But the noire? Not so much. So I immersed myself in noire, both film and book.

In my opinion, it’s not about mastery of genre or subject matter, it’s about personal growth as an author.

1 Like
1 Like

I am someone who get’s my practice by writing, not by research for this type of stuff. I am not good at transiting research into writing.

Also it was for a sub genera in something I already do but I just couldn’t wrap my head around. I am used to writing both transformation and kinky stories but just not what they wanted.

2 Likes

What no warlock to summon him past Greg?

2 Likes

I am not feeling that great after seeing my book sales. I have only sold 4 copies so far.

1 Like

“Give it time. Word has to travel.”

It just makes me feel bad after all that work I put into my book. I don’t know if I can’t get my book out there I am just scared I can’t do this.

1 Like

“Word of mouth has to spread. Your Creation has to find it’s place in the Literary World. You need to give it time to be read, enjoyed, and shared.”

3 Likes

Oh hey sorry. I just saw this. You have to defeat the latest mythic raid boss for the season to get it

1 Like